Superman Reborn Trailer - Has anyone seen this - AMAZING!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimmyjamesf said:
They so should have used him.

Contract! And apparently his involvement would have caused the cancellation of the show... I personally thing he look more Superman than anyone else in the role... Looks like the now classic 90's drawings of Lopez (techically late 70's to 80's) and Jurgens

That's pretty amazing stuff. Does anyone know what the music is that's used for the main bulk of the trailer? (from about half way to the end) I recognise it from somewhere and I just can't place my finger on it...

nellus said:
That's pretty amazing stuff. Does anyone know what the music is that's used for the main bulk of the trailer? (from about half way to the end) I recognise it from somewhere and I just can't place my finger on it...

It's from the AVP trailer. Probably needle drop cue from a licenced music library.

That trailer rocks! That should have been the REAL Superman Returns. Welling should have donned the cape instead of Routh. He earned it.

Welling is awesome. Im hoping they do a Justice League movie or spin-off with the characters from smallville.

There is a spin-off for Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman as far as I know, using the same actors that play the characters from Smallville.

I just got into Smallville recently (I'm somewhere in season 3) and have to admit he would have been great in this movie. :rock

TOE said:
There is a spin-off for Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman as far as I know, using the same actors that play the characters from Smallville.

are they all in one show or they each have their own spin off? I dont think theyre that good of actors to carry on a whole show individually....

Thats was pretty damn cool!!

Was Darkseid made from Hulk clips? Thats what it looked like to me.

that was a really well made trailer! Excellent work!

I have to admit though, I think Tom Welling (at least how he looks in Smallville) looks too young to play Superman just yet, more like Superboy. In a few years though, and with some different styling I'd have no problem with him at all.

For me Brandon was just about perfect in the role. I'd be happy to see Welling in the part in a few years though. Or in another series or something. He's great as CK

nash said:
are they all in one show or they each have their own spin off? I dont think theyre that good of actors to carry on a whole show individually....

they will each have their own show. Some will be shown in Sci-fi and some in WB or whatever the new station is called.

TOE said:
they will each have their own show. Some will be shown in Sci-fi and some in WB or whatever the new station is called.

are you sure about this?

i heard a pilot for aquaman was filmed, but the show didn't get picked up.

i can't imagine those guys who play flash or green arrow having their own TV shows...especially if warner brothers is developing a justice league movie.

dekadentdave said:
It's from the AVP trailer. Probably needle drop cue from a licenced music library.

That trailer rocks! That should have been the REAL Superman Returns. Welling should have donned the cape instead of Routh. He earned it.

Superman Returns was goofed up enough with the vague sequal concept. How would they have plugged Tom Welling into the role and not confuse everyone? Unless the writers wipe everyone's memory in Smallville and Metropolis, or come up with some goofy gimmick like Kal-El carries an image disruptor that makes him look different when he's superman, everyone will know what Superman looks like.

I don't see how the Smallville version of Clark Kent could ever be the Superman we all expect to see.

The only way Tom Welling would work as Superman in the movies would be if he was never in the show Smallville. I really like Smallville, but the writers really screwed up the Superman orgins by having Lex, Lois and Metropolis in the show. In my mind, the "Smallville" show takes place on one of the alternate earths in the DC universe.:rotfl

...and that's too bad, cause he would make an excellent Superman, if he hadn't been in that alternate reality called Smallville.

captain sack said:
I don't see how the Smallville version of Clark Kent could ever be the Superman we all expect to see.

In my mind, Christopher Reeve is the only REAL Superman. Singer's Donner sequel was a complete misfire. What they should have done was spend the first 5 years of Smallville building toward the day Clark becomes Supes then fly him off to the big screen. They built an entire fan base around Smallville then don't deliver and slap them in the face with Routh. Big mistake.

dekadentdave said:
I What they should have done was spend the first 5 years of Smallville building toward the day Clark becomes Supes then fly him off to the big screen. They built an entire fan base around Smallville then don't deliver and slap them in the face with Routh. Big mistake.

that would of been a good idea, but the past is the past. i wish all the tom welling fanboys on other forums could move on.(i don't mean that as a knock against welling, cause he looks perfect for the role...it's just not gonna happen)

while i agree that chris reeve is the best live action version superman, i really like brandon routh. and i have enough faith in singer that he'll get the sequal right.

Back