Peril Unlimited 12" Zombie review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Every once in awhile I get to review something that's not only really cool, but really unexpected. And those are always my favorite reviews. Tonight's is one of those, as I take a look at a sixth scale zombie from a brand new company called Peril Unlimited. This guy is their first foray into action figures, and they've made 500 of him. There's 250 bloody, and 250 clean versions, and I don't expect them to last long. Oh, he's not quite perfect, but for the price he's pretty damn cool. And it's also great to see a small company doing things right, starting out slow and not taking on more than they can handle. I can't wait to see their next figure!

You can check out all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

That is too cool. Thanks for the heads-up, I would have never had any idea that this was out there. I just ordered one of the bloody versions! Should go well with Patient Zero, the Doc, Subject 5 and that other war zombie that you reviewed some time ago.

btw, how did you discover this figure? Did they send one to you in hopes of the recognition (which, in my case, worked)?

Gotta get me one of those Zombies!! Can't find his ebay store though and need to find out about shipping to the U.K . Any advice anyone?:confused:

All you have to do to find his ebay store is click on either one of the links in the review.

EDIT - hmmm, second link is screwed up somehow. First one works. Fixing the second now.

Great review Michael, this guys is pretty cool and you gotta love the Body Bag packaging!

Didn't someone from Peril Unlimited actually post these here on the board? I'm sure they did, I'll look for the link.

The ill Jedi said:
Great review Michael, this guys is pretty cool and you gotta love the Body Bag packaging!

Didn't someone from Peril Unlimited actually post these here on the board? I'm sure they did, I'll look for the link.
Ya they sure did.

When this was posted the off topic section a few days ago, I glanced at it, thought it was slightly cool, but still an obvious custom (mostly due to poor picture quality). After your review I am very interested in one now. I'm just not sure how well they will intigrate with the dead. I know you got a pic with Subject 57, but could you perhaps shoot it with the other two dead figures (if you have them)? I love the body bag idea too! Very original.

The non-bloody one reminds me of a Zombie Jack Bauer because the outfit is very similar to what Jack wore at the begining of this season! :lol

Last edited:
Crap, I was pretty much gonna pass on this figure. I had really only looked at the clean version and neck-joint and stock hands were dissapointing.

But I have to say, your review did the trick and helps to show more of the figures strengths... guess thats less money in the ol'pocket :lol

He looks great with the dead, although his head sculpt has more texture because of the cool paint job. He's a smidge shorter, but they're zombies, not a licensed person - nothing wrong with short and tall ones. Buy one if you like 12" zombies, and you won't regret it.

AWE-some! Got one, can't have too many zombies!! I like mine bloody since I'm not a customizer, but there are a lot of possibilities with the 'clean' version. If the head sculpts were different I would have gotten both.

Thanks for the review, Michael! :D

Michael Crawford said:
He looks great with the dead, although his head sculpt has more texture because of the cool paint job. He's a smidge shorter, but they're zombies, not a licensed person - nothing wrong with short and tall ones. Buy one if you like 12" zombies, and you won't regret it.

Alright, thanks. Guess I'll probably get one. My birthday is coming up so I'll drop some hints for my family :lol

I'll probably pick one of these up.

I think it looks great.

The clean version is kind of unique so that you can add your own damage.

Hi, I'm Mike from Peril Unlimited. I just wanted to thank Michael for his review.

I've wanted to get into making toys for a long time now and I obviously love zombies and other monsters. Being able to get these guys made and distributed all over the world is a great thrill for me. I'm operating on a shoestring budget (it's just me and I do all my work at the kitchen table after the roommates have all gone to bed) so I don't look as slick as a lot of the bigger companies out there.... but I'm getting there one zombie at a time.

For folks outside the USA who would like to order a zombie I cut back on the shipping costs to help you guys out.
Folks in the UK I only charge $20 is shipping and handling and just $10 for Canadians.

I take paypal ([email protected]) which should make things fairly easy too.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...b5e20651bee680e4fb1d18980e9bac9480a6de6d1d468

I hope that helps. If anybodyhas any questions feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
Mike

Last edited:
Nice review Michael...damn it how much money have you made me spend over the years :monkey2 can't wait to get mine in the mail! :chew

I have got one on its way and I must say if the figure is half as good as the customer service from mike then I know this will be a winner
I cant wait for this line and company ot take off ..

Back