PDA

View Full Version : 1/6 What's your most idealised version of Luke Skywalker?

Prime Clone
12-09-2018, 09:57 PM
If you could only own one 1/6 Luke Skywalker figure, already produced or not, which would best represent the character for you?

Star-Crunch
12-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Jedi. Cleanest look. Iconic. Height of his powers. Need I say more?

Prime Clone
12-09-2018, 10:01 PM
^ I suspect that will be the winner!

(Though you could argue the Crait/flashback version was when he was at his most powerful)

heon123
12-09-2018, 10:06 PM

This (post Dagobah crash Luke) or Bacta Tank Luke. No, but in all serious X-Wing Luke for me.

av8er
12-09-2018, 10:08 PM
I have 3 Lukes so far. Jedi Luke is my favorite (love them all though)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181210/d4665280d24f2fc813e358e0eb504f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike86
12-09-2018, 10:09 PM
The Jedi version is my favorite. Such a simple costume but he just looks badass in it. The Bespin outfit is pretty close though.

Cocoboloboy
12-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Tatooine Luke for me. ROTJ Luke as close a second as you can get though.

Star-Crunch
12-09-2018, 10:27 PM
I’ve never been big on the Bespin outfit. I always felt it was kind of uninspired. For such an iconic scene, I always wished he was wearing something, I don’t know, a little cooler :lol

GMan022
12-09-2018, 10:32 PM
Bespin outfit all the way. I'm waiting for the 2.0 though, as HT's first offering doesn't resemble Hamill to my eye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Khev
12-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Bespin fatigues for me.

guyver1
12-09-2018, 10:51 PM
No question Jedi Luke..he was a complete badass and most powerful

Farmboy he was a whiny punk and ESB he was a impatient hothead

neb
12-10-2018, 12:04 AM
I think most of his costumes are iconic in their own way. I also don't really think the "one of each" applies to OT era Luke and ST era Luke for me, personally. The figures are different enough time periods. Kinda like where I could justify having an OT Obi Wan and PT Obi Wan.

For me, my personal favorite is for young Luke is the Bespin outfit, specifically the battle damaged figure. I think it's awesome and his battle with Vader in ESB is my favorite OT duel.

For the ST (so far), I'm not sure if I like the TFA robes (w glove) or Crait look more for "Jedi Master" Luke, but as far as figures go I really don't like the TFA robes. They're way too clean and light on the figure. The Crait figure looks great with the exception of the head lol.. Have ahch-to Luke coming in soon and he'll look great with Rey, so I'm stoked for that.

matticus
12-10-2018, 12:57 AM
Jedi Luke. Sad we never truly seen him being a Jedi Master. And no, TLJ wasn't it.

yy0925
12-10-2018, 04:19 AM
ROTJ, followed by pilot. Firing the torpedo into the the Death Star from the X-Wing is one of the most memorable scenes from Star Wars!

RebelSpy007
12-10-2018, 04:22 AM
Pilot, since he wears pilot gear in all 3 OT films. Really want Hot Toys to do this version.

TwelveInchFigures
12-10-2018, 05:14 AM
Empire. His essence. Not still green (ANH), not so refined as to be stale (Jedi), and not completely sold out (Sequel Trilogy). Empire was his finest moments - not because he was perfect, but because he was still in his prime and idealistic, but also learning some heavy duty lessons - he was growing up and at his most vibrant. Also was at his best physically and liked the Fatigue uniform the best.

Hot Toys has improved on sculpts (generally speaking) a lot since they did the first version of this figure. I do hope that they do a second version of this figure that does him justice.

Prime Clone
12-10-2018, 05:20 AM
Firing the torpedo into the the Death Star from the X-Wing is one of the most memorable scenes from Star Wars!

Empire was his finest moments - not because he was perfect, but because he was still in his prime and idealistic, but also learning some heavy duty lessons - he was growing up and at his most vibrant.

For similar reasons I voted Yavin. It was his graduation from farmboy to Rebel hero, and the costume hinted at adventures between ANH and ESB we never got to see (on screen, at least - besides the Holiday Special ;))

Mr.Tanker
12-10-2018, 06:44 AM
Snowspeeder, which is a significantly different look from the X-Wing flight suit.

Laney74
12-10-2018, 07:23 AM
Had this poster as a kid, it’s my favourite Luke look

vito81
12-10-2018, 07:33 AM
https://mysitez.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/top-10-samyh-razyskivaemyh-disnej-zvezdnye-vojny-chernyj-serii-figurki-10.jpg

davejames
12-10-2018, 01:57 PM
I’ve never been big on the Bespin outfit. I always felt it was kind of uninspired. For such an iconic scene, I always wished he was wearing something, I don’t know, a little cooler :lol

Same here. The Bespin outfit always looked pretty drab and uninteresting to me. Even if it does look pretty good on the DX07.

For me the top 3 are:
ROTJ (Death Star)
Snowspeeder
Ceremonial

dukefett
12-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Tatooine Luke for me. ROTJ Luke as close a second as you can get though.

That's pretty much how I am. Tatooine Luke was my first HT and 1/6 figure ever; a present to myself that busted open the doors on the 1/6 hobby!

I know Jedi is iconic but I guess since that was his outfit in the first Star Wars movie for the majority of it, it stands out to me.

evenflow
12-10-2018, 02:15 PM
ROTJ all the way.

Wor-Gar
12-10-2018, 02:20 PM
My favorite look is Bespin (never knew it was called X-wing ground uniform)...

But my idealized version will always be the young hopeful nobody with the big destiny from... Tatooine.

BagginsOfBagEnd
12-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Definitely ROTJ! :rock

ebor
12-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Porcelain Luke or fail...:lecture

Protozaius
12-10-2018, 03:15 PM

Always will be this look.

... dreaming about those power converters.

Johnny Utah
12-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Bespin. Looking fwd to the 2.0.

darth toffeeman
12-10-2018, 03:56 PM

Yep, this for me.
The original poster of him holding up the lightsaber with Leia to the side is timeless.

dukefett
12-10-2018, 04:03 PM

Yep that's it. I had moved a few months ago and then unpacked Luke and realized how crappy the HT shirt is. Everyone's making Leia's dress; can we get a good ANH shirt for Luke?

Medusoid
12-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Pilot or ROTJ.

Prime Clone
12-10-2018, 04:57 PM
https://mysitez.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/top-10-samyh-razyskivaemyh-disnej-zvezdnye-vojny-chernyj-serii-figurki-10.jpg

Given this is the form in which he chose to appear to Kylo, technically this *is* his most idealised look!

My favorite look is Bespin (never knew it was called X-wing ground uniform)...

I got that from the old West End Games roleplaying sourcebooks - which are probably no longer canon, but it still makes sense.

Darkseed
12-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Hoth

Before the interwebs and spoilers, leaks and whatnot we had to actually wait for a movie to come out for much information. We lived in a small town so info felt even more scarce. I remember waiting and waiting for sequel and the excitement driving to watch it at a drive in. One of the first images was Luke smiling atop a Taun Taun talking to Han.......

Movie magic at it's finest.......I was sooooooold. Best movie, best experience best version.....:-)

KBA
12-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Bespin. With his hand cut off, given the worst news ever, and waiting to be rescued before he falls to his death. Great rock bottom moment. Sure, it’s easy to point to the iconic hero moments, but when life’s given me freshly squeezed lemons I’ve caught myself more than once getting a grin off that figure. It’s a fictional story, but I still find it inspiring how he bounces back.

Now I’m thinking I need a Jedi Luke throwing away his weapon to juxtapose bespin against :lol

Protozaius
12-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Hoth

Before the interwebs and spoilers, leaks and whatnot we had to actually wait for a movie to come out for much information. We lived in a small town so info felt even more scarce. I remember waiting and waiting for sequel and the excitement driving to watch it at a drive in. One of the first images was Luke smiling atop a Taun Taun talking to Han.......

Movie magic at it's finest.......I was sooooooold. Best movie, best experience best version.....:-)

Me too. The first place I saw the picture of Luke on a Tauntaun was in an issue of Bantha Tracks. And it was black and white. I must have stared at the picture for hours, daydreaming of what was next for him.

It is for this reason, the Hoth Luke is my second favorite look... after his Tatooine duds.

Niltusk
12-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Any Pilot gear Luke 100%

ZE_501
12-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Any Pilot gear Luke 100%

I'm torn between Tatooine, X-Wing and Snowspeeder. Bespin Fatigues is in there too.

If push came to shove, at this point I may choose X-Wing just because of the trench run, but it's surprisingly difficult.

medicomsucks
12-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Bespin. After that it would have to be farmboy. Then xwing after that.

I didn't like his look in rotj. He is basically dressed in a repurposed imperial uniform from ANH.

Darkseed
12-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Me too. The first place I saw the picture of Luke on a Tauntaun was in an issue of Bantha Tracks. And it was black and white. I must have stared at the picture for hours, daydreaming of what was next for him.

It is for this reason, the Hoth Luke is my second favorite look... after his Tatooine duds.

Those were the days.....simply because of my location I was only able to watch the original once.....didn’t sink in til later how cool it was and when it did the wait happened. So the first moments on screen of ESB are my magical moments....

Bravomite
12-11-2018, 06:09 PM
ROTJ is my favourite look but this based solely on the POTF figure I had growing up (being my only Luke figure for my childhood).

I had just seen A New Hope at the cinema (the George Lucas special edition version). It was my first experience of Star Wars and I was blown away and my life changed for ever. Sadly Greedo shot first in the only version of Star Wars that I knew for the longest time!

I then convinced my mum to take me to woolworths so I could look at the Star Wars figures and then spent all my money on Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. I mean I wanted a Tatooine Luke or at a push stormtrooper disguise Luke but in those days you got what was on the shelf because who knew if you would ever see that figure/character again. Luke had a green lightsaber (which I was convinced was an error as Luke had a blue one obviously) and he was a Jedi Knight now ... super cool!! My imagination ran wild thinking up the adventures and powers that Jedi Luke would have and to this day the look has always held that mystique and nostalgia for me.

I never did see the special editions of TESB or ROTJ at the cinema, being one of four kids growing up money was tight so my parents could not afford to take us to see each movie. It was actually quite a long time afterwards when I eventually saw Luke in action again. We lucked out because it turned out that one of my friends had VHS recordings of the original (and best versions) of Empire and Jedi taken from TV broadcasts (though they were subtitled in Spanish lol!). By the time this came about Jedi Luke had been fully etched into my subconscious as the definitive look for Luke.

Rzeznikk
12-11-2018, 07:32 PM
My favorite look is from Empire. Bespin Fatigues.

The "coolest" version is definitely Jedi.

But if I had to go "most iconic" nothing beats Tatooine Farm Boy. Let that Skywalker theme swell as Luke looks off at the binary sunset. Epic. Iconic. Classic. 436096

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xipotec
12-11-2018, 07:58 PM
This Luke is best Luke IMO

https://marciokenobi.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/untitled-151.gif

Someday I will buy a Bespin Luke for a gazillion dollars....

Still praying for a 2.0

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Wor-Gar
12-11-2018, 08:26 PM
My favorite look is from Empire. Bespin Fatigues.

The "coolest" version is definitely Jedi.

But if I had to go "most iconic" nothing beats Tatooine Farm Boy.

This makes a lot of sense for OTists.

jake26
12-11-2018, 08:50 PM
You always remember your first ....

sight of Luke, popping out of the homestead. "Luke, Luke ... tell your Uncle, if he gets a translator, make sure it speaks Bocce!"

Craig Walker
12-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Everyone's making Leia's dress; can we get a good ANH shirt for Luke?

A “certain” maker could probably have one done by 2025 :lol

Craig Walker
12-12-2018, 12:41 PM
Bespin Luke for me.

sithocan
12-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Bespin. Farmboy comes second. ROTJ is the dullest of all.

swfan217
12-12-2018, 07:14 PM
TLJ. Rock and cloak.

JK. Bespin all the way. Would love a Updated sculpt to reflect modern times .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waste Time Continuum
12-16-2018, 03:24 PM
I’ve thought about this before, it’s a tough one. All versions look cool, distinctive, and iconic.

I would say it’s ANH, because that’s the first version of Like anyone ever saw. Just like Han And Liea.

LinktheJedi
12-17-2018, 10:59 AM

ZE_501
12-26-2018, 02:37 PM
I'm torn between Tatooine, X-Wing and Snowspeeder. Bespin Fatigues is in there too.

If push came to shove, at this point I may choose X-Wing just because of the trench run, but it's surprisingly difficult.

So since I replied to this...all the talk about the most iconic Luke and surveying my own collection got me to thinking. And all you obsessive nerds out there know what happens when thinking happens. :lol

I had passed on MMS297 since Day 1, but having owned (or still own) DX07, Stormtrooper Disguise Luke, SSC's X-Wing and Snowspeeder Lukes ... the farmboy is iconic the way GoD or EtD Bruce Lee is iconic. It captures a time and place -- and my own childhood memory, as well as the heart of the OT.

Unless HT produces an amazing trench run/X-Wing Luke, I think this will be my go-to. I've had years to think it over, LOL.

My exclusive version is en route. For now I plan to display him with Rogue One iterations of Vader and Stormtrooper. Different costume/production design, but same era. Going with un-ignited saber and blast-shield helmet in-hand. Simple and charged with potential for the future.

I haven't had time to start on my custom ANH buckets, so that's going to be the shelf for the foreseeable future. The sculpt will be no surprise in-hand, given it's near-identical to Stormtrooper Luke.

Merry Xmas to me!

(And thanks, ya bunch of enablers!) :rotfl

DiFabio
12-26-2018, 06:12 PM
This is my favorite.

Just kidding. It’s Bespin Luke,

This guy pretty much sums it up,

Empire. His essence. Not still green (ANH), not so refined as to be stale (Jedi), and not completely sold out (Sequel Trilogy). Empire was his finest moments - not because he was perfect, but because he was still in his prime and idealistic, but also learning some heavy duty lessons - he was growing up and at his most vibrant. Also was at his best physically and liked the Fatigue uniform the best.

Hot Toys has improved on sculpts (generally speaking) a lot since they did the first version of this figure. I do hope that they do a second version of this figure that does him justice.

I agree. Also, he has a blaster and a lightsaber. That was always cool to me as a kid. He was a soldier/commander and a Jedi. Sure, I dig Luke running around the Death Star in his farmboy outfit with the Stormtrooper belt and rifle, or Luke fighting with the new green lightsaber on Jabba’s sail barge, but I always liked him sneaking around Bespin, blaster in hand and the whole carbon freezing chamber duel.

At the same time though, I think I would have preferred him fighting in his X-Wing/Hoth fear like the concept art and the teaser trailer raiser showed.

nexus
12-26-2018, 06:15 PM
The optimistic, whiny farm boy who became the rebel hero and eventual Jedi apprentice in Star Wars ANH. Unfortunately, IMO that portrait has yet to be convincingly captured in 1:6 scale.

intercityfirm1895
12-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Definetly Bespin. I'm sure they'll release Bespin 2.0 at 2020. 40th anniversary of ESB.

BACON!
12-27-2018, 02:42 PM
I voted for ROTJ and I love the figure, but I just preordered the TLJ Deluxe Luke, which violates one of my collecting rules (one figure per character, except iron man)

Darth Fok
12-27-2018, 09:01 PM
ROTJ Luke, he’s not so whiny anymore and has awesome skills

hokietwo
12-27-2018, 10:02 PM
I guess mine would be the sister kiss stealin’, Wampa Hoth slicing, Dagobah swimming x-wing pilot, one handed bandit ESB Luke.

Whooooo......

https://i.imgur.com/dPoJ3oR.gif

ZE_501
12-27-2018, 10:58 PM
I guess mine would be the sister kiss stealin’, Wampa Hoth slicing, Dagobah swimming x-wing pilot, one handed bandit ESB Luke.

Whooooo......

https://i.imgur.com/dPoJ3oR.gif

LOLOL ..: dying.

MichaelCrichton6969
01-07-2019, 09:39 AM

I would have loved that, I have always been fond of the snowspeeder outfit, Although maybe the orange jumpsuit would have seemed a bit campy.

StarWarsFam
01-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Difabio, I love the snowspeeder Bespin duel look as well. I tried to get this conversation going before in anticipation of the SSC ROTJ Luke. http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-action-figures/193549-definitive-luke-mods-otherwise.html

alex1984
01-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Jedi Luke with the flowy hair and youthful appearance of ANH Luke, with the option of changing back into a Tatooine outfit.

hrguerra
01-16-2019, 12:41 AM
This is a very difficult question to answer.

Tatooine Luke is the essence of the character. Optimistic, idealistic, kind, compassionate and humble. It’s from Star Wars (or A New Hope, if your prefer), one of the most successful movies of all time, so it’s hard to go more iconic than that. There an unmatched simplicity to this version.

I’m not particularly fond of the Bespin suit, but it’s the one he wears in the duel with Darth Vader, still the greatest lightsaber duel in any Star Wars movie. It may not look the best to me, but it has power due to the story.

Jedi Knight Luke is an obvious choice. At the top of his powers and what he used while he saved the Galaxy. It’s classy and elegant.

Young Jedi Master (or “Crait Projectiion” if you will) is a variation of that. Both dark and white while not being as elaborate as the Republic Jedi uniforms. This represents his greatest failure.

The hermit costume is what he was during his last years. Old and full of regrets, yet he developed a charming sense of humor.

And lastly, the Old Jedi Master. The one he used when he dies, once more giving hope to the Galaxy. A white and pearl Jedi robe, going back full circle to his Tatooine roots.

They are all great. They are all aspects of what is, in my mind, the best Star Wars character. I can’t pick one so I’ll pick three: the beginning (Tatooine), the top (Jedi Knight) and the end (Old Jedi Master)

DarkChocobi
01-16-2019, 12:46 AM
never iconic as this one
https://media.giphy.com/media/eEK9Hp9nAXtZDhoXbK/giphy.gif

hrguerra
01-16-2019, 12:51 AM
Mark is so great, even when drinking green milk, freshly squeezed.

phobicsquirrel
01-17-2019, 10:05 PM
ROTJ Luke though he seemed cool in Dark Empire.

rmac68
01-17-2019, 10:23 PM
Tatooine for me,pilot would be 2nd ....all the a new hope looks for all the characters are my favorite

Username
01-17-2019, 11:07 PM
I like to imagine the versions we didn’t see.
The struggles he had after Yavin but before Hoth.
The training he undertook on his own before facing down Jabba.
The days and months after ROTJ where his power was still growing.
These and many more flights of fancy are the versions I like to contemplate most.

maximus_73
01-19-2019, 02:59 PM
Definetly Bespin. I'm sure they'll release Bespin 2.0 at 2020. 40th anniversary of ESB.If not, they will release during 50th anniversary. Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk