PDA

View Full Version : 1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DarkChocobi
12-06-2018, 10:52 PM
【Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version)】

"I will never turn to the dark side." - Luke Skywalker

In the epic conclusion of the classic Star Wars saga, after Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. The young Skywalker along with his friends and the Rebellion fleet must take down the second Death Star in order to stop the evil Empire from wiping out the last hope to restore freedom to the galaxy...

Hot Toys is very excited to officially present today, the new Deluxe Version 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker collectible figure from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi featuring his iconic attire as seen on Tatooine, Endor, and the second Death Star.

Masterfully crafted based on the appearance of Luke Skywalker in the final chapter of the original trilogy, the new collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with remarkable likeness, finely tailored costumes, the helmet and camouflage cloak Luke wore on Endor, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a blaster, and a themed figure stand.

This Deluxe Version will exclusively include an additional head sculpt with an interchangeable all-new hair sculpture, an extra piece of interchangeable battle damaged right hand, dark grey tunic with belt, and the Tatooine sandstorm goggles and cloak as seen in the deleted scenes.

This is a Luke Skywalker collectible figure that will be a treasured addition for all Star Wars fans who choose to confront their destiny!

DarkChocobi
12-06-2018, 10:55 PM
Im not sure I like the new scuplts, but defintely will get seperate Endor Luke version.

IronPatriotFTW
12-06-2018, 10:55 PM
This is dark side Anakin Ridiculous imo. But it looks good. I ALMOST bought Luke during the double points...

davejames
12-06-2018, 10:57 PM
So much to process here...

generalgrevious
12-06-2018, 10:59 PM
looks like Michael j fox as luke skywalker. :slap

TaliBane
12-06-2018, 10:59 PM

Has a bit of Marty McFly about it.

Couple of the pics look pretty decent. I like the reg Luke with poncho look, and the reg Luke with windswept hair looks okay too, just a lot of forehead.

Still unsure on that Tooth Skywalker sculpt. With the windswept hair it looks a bit like Ben Shapiro. More like he's arguing over something than determined/battling.

I'm sure Sideshow must have been mighty happy to have gotten this HT release in their inbox.:lol

looks like Michael j fox as luke skywalker. :slap

gg beats me every time.:gah::lol

Nortdort
12-06-2018, 11:00 PM
Wow. **** move......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonTon
12-06-2018, 11:01 PM
They keep giving Hamill such a big forehead. It's not that big is it?

Wor-Gar
12-06-2018, 11:02 PM
What....?

generalgrevious
12-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Has a bit of Marty McFly about it.

Couple of the pics look pretty decent. I like the reg Luke with poncho look, and the reg Luke with windswept hair looks okay too, just a lot of forehead.

Still unsure on that Tooth Skywalker sculpt. With the windswept hair it looks a bit like Ben Shapiro. More like he's arguing over something than determined/battling.

I'm sure Sideshow must have been mighty happy to have gotten this HT release in their inbox.:lol

gg beats me every time.:gah::lol

could not help it. it was like pow in your face Michael j fox. doc Hollywood ? luke skywalker,

TonTon
12-06-2018, 11:04 PM
So for all the folks who said they shouldn't have done a DX, I might be wrong but from what I can see he literally has every single thing as the regular version except for the binders and Jabba cloak. Even the palace blaster. :lol

Pretty sure there's space for both those in the deluxe release.

TaliBane
12-06-2018, 11:05 PM
What....?

Here's a screen shot of Sideshow on the Skype with HT hearing what their new release is.:monkey3

https://image.ibb.co/cxtKZd/Sideshow_Susan_Two_Fingers.jpg

Glad I only bought one HT Luke Jedi.:yess:

DarkChocobi
12-06-2018, 11:06 PM
It would be hilarious to think if Hot Toys going to release their Jabba version next :rotfl

TonTon
12-06-2018, 11:08 PM
Deluxe is going to be a lot more, extra head has to be a $50 bump at least. It's not even clear that the Endor version can be displayed as a DSII version, so that'll probably be super cheap. Gonna be a price gap like the ROTJ stormies.

Wor-Gar
12-06-2018, 11:10 PM
As threepio might say: These deluxes are getting quite out of hand.

TaliBane
12-06-2018, 11:10 PM
I hear they fixed the fat suit and the DS jumpsuit tailoring for this V2 release.:monkey3

Wor-Gar
12-06-2018, 11:11 PM
And the bleeding white from the flap collar.

DarkChocobi
12-06-2018, 11:12 PM
I hear they fixed the fat suit and the DS jumpsuit tailoring for this V2 release.:monkey3

..and more black gloved hands :lecture

JonWes
12-06-2018, 11:17 PM
Man, so glad I dragged my feet on the other release. I really like the new hair/head options.

SilverStar17
12-06-2018, 11:19 PM
So this is basically DX07, RotJ version. Only thing of mild interest to me in this set would be the wind swept hair.

After seeing it up close, I'm not a fan of the gritted teeth sculpt. And the other sculpt looks to be the current sculpt repainted with the eyes gazing to the right, which I prefer them looking straight ahead. I've never had any interest in an Endor gear Luke figure, just Jedi and DS II looks, so the current figure accomplishes that just fine.

That gloved hand set parted out is going to be highly sought after though.

heon123
12-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Unbelievable. What a punch in the gut.

SilverStar17
12-06-2018, 11:24 PM
I'm glad they did the MMS429 version. What that includes is more than suitable for what I wanted out of a RotJ Luke. It would have been a bummer if this was the only set they did, and you'd have to pay what is surely going to be at least $300 for a set that you're only going to use maybe 50% of.

Wor-Gar
12-06-2018, 11:24 PM
The only thing I'm happy to see about this figure is that after a year and a half its finally been released.

Darth Fok
12-06-2018, 11:25 PM
The windy hair sculpt looks pretty bad and doesn't do the figure justice. Maybe if the hair was longer it would look better. The rest looks good, but not enough for me to buy this figure again. I'm actually quite happy with the first release to be honest.

Asian Inferno
12-06-2018, 11:28 PM
This is dark side Anakin Ridiculous imo. But it looks good. I ALMOST bought Luke during the double points...

Yeah...I actually did...

heon123
12-06-2018, 11:28 PM
Should've been just an accessory pack but it makes sense I guess for those who passed on 429. Will being getting this however - can't really say no to more ROTJ Lukes.

master anakin skywalker
12-06-2018, 11:30 PM
This is released? It’s not showing at sideshow. Where can I buy this?

DarkChocobi
12-06-2018, 11:31 PM
Tatooine sandstorm goggles and cloak as seen in the deleted scenes.

What is this ?

subzro
12-06-2018, 11:31 PM

Should up for order tomorrow sometime at most places.

SilverStar17
12-06-2018, 11:32 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SereneRepentantKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

It'll probably be up on SSC tomorrow.

Wor-Gar
12-06-2018, 11:33 PM

What is this ?

When he goes back to free Boba Fett. Where have you been, man?

subzro
12-06-2018, 11:38 PM

What is this ?

https://youtu.be/3kCpa9sotvE?t=189

at 3:09

Mike86
12-06-2018, 11:38 PM
Not perfect but I'll probably pre-order. I wanted a second Jedi Luke and am glad we're getting more gloved hands plus two new sculpts. The Endor gear and base are nice too.

Cr00ky
12-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Unbelievable. What a punch in the gut.

Absolutely - total kick in the teeth for those that bought the first version. I am well and truly P’d off with HT for pulling this stunt.
I was only ever really interested in the Deathstar look, but being a collector in the UK I need to either jump on a pre-order as soon as it’s available or risk missing out (or paying even more over the odds than U.K. collectors already do). Given there was no guarantee HT would ever release another Jedi Luke, I had to go with the first version, regretting it now! [emoji2959]

DarkChocobi
12-06-2018, 11:42 PM
When he goes back to free Boba Fett. Where have you been, man?

https://media.giphy.com/media/UTm86phGUMMQE/giphy.gif

:lol

Mike86
12-06-2018, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure what there is to be mad about really. This version was previewed at conventions for quite a while and fairly shortly after the original went up for pre-order. Anyone who wanted to hold out that bad should have had a chance to..

master anakin skywalker
12-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Im not sure I like the new scuplts, but defintely will get seperate Endor Luke version.

Where did you get this information/pics? Is there a place to preorder right now?

Nortdort
12-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Thing that really miffs me is that the instruction manual said the hair was removable for future accessories. But then they go and release a whole new damn figure.

DasMuse
12-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Not bad. As others have said, i'm glad I passed on the last version.

The teeth on the 2nd sculpt look really weird. I don't think I'd ever use that unless they make it look more natural.

master anakin skywalker
12-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Not bad. As others have said, i'm glad I passed on the last version.

The teeth on the 2nd sculpt look really weird. I don't think I'd ever use that unless they make it look more natural.

Agreed about the teeth. It doesn’t look very good. Very unnatural.

Mike86
12-06-2018, 11:50 PM
Thing that really miffs me is that the instruction manual said the hair was removable for future accessories. But then they go and release a whole new damn figure.

Hot Toys doesn't generally release separate accessory packs though. The only exceptions have been a couple Iron Man releases, but that line is basically their bread and butter.

Bo Shrek
12-06-2018, 11:51 PM
All I can say is I am happy I have the Bespin DX version (everything in one box) for $300. HT can keep these multiverse Anakin and Luke’s! I have no interest when I feel I am being ripped off or fooled!

Wor-Gar
12-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Not complete without Endor! Not complete without Endor!

Bo Shrek
12-06-2018, 11:57 PM
Good days....

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 12:01 AM

And that's likely correct. I'm presuming the hair piece on MMS429 is compatible with the accessories of this figure, and vice versa.

Mike86
12-07-2018, 12:04 AM
And that's likely correct. I'm presuming the hair piece on MMS429 is compatible with the accessories of this figure, and vice versa.
I’m sure it must be. Seems like they had this planned out.

DarkChocobi
12-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Where did you get this information/pics? Is there a place to preorder right now?

These are from Hot Toys official FB page. Sideshow will put it for PO soon

davejames
12-07-2018, 12:10 AM
So what are we thinking for the Deluxe version, $280?

I never expected to want a Sandstorm Luke before, but it does look surprisingly cool. Just not sure I'd really want to display that over the Endor gear though...

DarkChocobi
12-07-2018, 12:13 AM
4 head scuplts, special diorama base and tons of accessories

$330+..

dukefett
12-07-2018, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure what there is to be mad about really. This version was previewed at conventions for quite a while and fairly shortly after the original went up for pre-order. Anyone who wanted to hold out that bad should have had a chance to..

I'm mad that both sculpts are included. If it was Endor Luke with the teeth sculpt and similar accessories I'd be fine; not sure I'd jump on it. But this includes both sculpts making the first release pretty pointless. This one has the eyes looking to the side, so it's slightly different, but I'm annoyed more now because I like that one better than the straight looking sculpt I have.

Also the timing, if this was 2-3 years from now fine; it's been a while. But the other set practically just came out. I think some Australians who ordered from Popcultcha are still waiting for theirs.

4 head scuplts, special diorama base and tons of accessories

$330+..

It's just two head and hair sculpts.

TonTon
12-07-2018, 12:24 AM
I'm mad that both sculpts are included. If it was Endor Luke with the teeth sculpt and similar accessories I'd be fine; not sure I'd jump on it. But this includes both sculpts making the first release pretty pointless. This one has the eyes looking to the side, so it's slightly different, but I'm annoyed more now because I like that one better than the straight looking sculpt I have.

Also the timing, if this was 2-3 years from now fine; it's been a while. But the other set practically just came out. I think some Australians who ordered from Popcultcha are still waiting for theirs.

It's just two head and hair sculpts.

So 8 head sculpts.

And yeah, first release is totally irrelevant now. I'm thinking of keeping the cloak and binders, selling off the rest of the first ROTJ figure, and then get the new deluxe.

davejames
12-07-2018, 12:30 AM
So 8 head sculpts.

And yeah, first release is totally irrelevant now. I'm thinking of keeping the cloak and binders, selling off the rest of the first ROTJ figure, and then get the new deluxe.

Yeah I would do the same, except I've already modded and slimmed down the outfit on mine, and I don't particularly want to have to do that again. :slap

Hydeous
12-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Not a fan of the heads and bonus.

neb
12-07-2018, 01:22 AM
I imagine the first will still hold value if anything for the head sculpt. Looks like the normal one on this is with eyes to the right and it's not PERS. I don't have the original figure, but the hair comes off on that one like the DX07?

If anything, it will be cool for people who want to grab the wind swept hair loose or something like that.

Mudron
12-07-2018, 01:34 AM
Does the original ROTJ Luke have the black tunic, too, or is it just the Death Star II version of Luke without the tunic?

Also, as a newbie to Hot Toys, I’m hoping they do something like this for Bespin Luke in time for Empire’s 40th anniversary.

ladyshanz
12-07-2018, 01:40 AM
Got the normal one for my husband’s birthday in July. RotJ Luke is pretty much his favorite outing for one of his favorite characters, which is saying something. He recently said as he was re-posing our Star Wars figures that while he loves his RotJ Luke above all his other figures, he wishes it was a DX like his Bespin one.

I’m livid that Hot Toys did this. I get business is business, but screwing over a loyal fan base in this way is definitely not good business. I would have ordered this one immediately for his birthday instead.

TonTon
12-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Empire is a bit older than 30.

darth toffeeman
12-07-2018, 01:50 AM
No interest in this.

I am getting bored of 'new releases' just being slight updates to already released stuff, especially at this price point.

Where is Baze, Death Star Trooper, Gonk etc!!!

Doodlebob7
12-07-2018, 02:03 AM
So glad I returned the first release but hot toys still can't sculpt Luke

Johnny Utah
12-07-2018, 02:07 AM
Damn. Was hoping for a Diecast Iron Man Mark 1 with Tony Stark two pack.

Seriously.

yy0925
12-07-2018, 02:12 AM
Really got a mixed feeling about this.
It's refreshing to see an alternativ facial expression and hair style. The endor outfit is also great.
But I don't need that sandstorm gear. And I don't think selling the original set without the jedi tunic, handcuff and original HS will get me nearly there to upgrade to the deluxe.
Without those missing features from the original set, this still is not the ultimate Luke Skywalker ROTJ set. It's more like you would need both...

I think I'd rather pass.

Sixth Scale Man
12-07-2018, 02:21 AM
Hermmm.... yeaahhhh. That’s a swift leg swing to the testes. Really should have been a deluxe to start with.
Maybe my annoyance will dissipate when I finally receive my Luke maybe next month?[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jki&Cri
12-07-2018, 02:36 AM
I’ve got 2 of the first figure and with this one I’ll have plenty of option to have them all displayed with different styles.

Three very different Lukes.
Pretty happy here

D.R.37
12-07-2018, 02:42 AM
Im not surprised with this. They triple-dipped with the Death Trooper. I have the ROTJ still boxed. No room in the current Imperial display. I’ll just hunt down the extra gloves hands, headsculpt and Endor gear. No interest in the windswept hair or base. I like his expression on this better than the original though.
Bring on the Scout Trooper!

SithThundercracker
12-07-2018, 02:48 AM
I have the first release and this is the perfect companion: action portrait and Endor gear. No intetest in sanstorm poncho but the second headsculpt is the icing on the cake for my custom Jabba's Palace Luke. Jackpot for HT!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Kalkylen
12-07-2018, 03:36 AM
Pretty excited for this as I held off on the first release. I just hope they have done away with the swole body suit. Wish he came with the brown cloak but I guess they had to give the first version something unique about it if they had planned this deluxe all along.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Centrocal
12-07-2018, 03:56 AM
So to clarify, this new figure has everything the first Jedi Luke figure had except the cloak, the Jedi tunic, the hand cuffs and the base. It has a new sculpt with gritted teeth, , 2 new gloved hands, the Endor poncho and helmet. And a new Endor base.

The Deluxe version includes: The Tatooine cloak, Jedi tunic, goggles, a 2nd battle damaged hand, a new swap out hair sculpt and the bonus head sculpt is the Jedi sculpt but with the eyes now looking to the right.

Im fine with this release, since there are so many display options. Potentially 7 (?) unique looks. This saves me the trouble of buying an extra body/head/costume again. The standard version is pretty bare bones. Its a bad deal considering what you're not getting. Unless its significantly cheaper.

Im disappointed we're getting the same LED arm with the black glove. The deluxe set should've come with an un-gloved LED arm so we could get this scene with the lighted effect.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/47574639_10155919032862344_4311018112771162112_o.j pg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=0d9ada5b8440a58822ba44d451555659&oe=5C9BFB2A

bedot
12-07-2018, 04:35 AM
Come on Hot Toys. This should have been an option alongside the original regular release. That’s a pretty low blow releasing the deluxe months after the regular just giving the customer enough time to buy the first one. Pretty petty, almost like this is a stunt where Howard is just laughing at his customer base.

Hoping the original version just sits on SS shelves occupying space and costing somebody money.

I like HT but man they sometimes lay the screws on their customer base.

Jbeltram4
12-07-2018, 04:38 AM
Really should’ve just been a DX like Bespin Luke. Two bodies and clothing with a **** ton of accessories, I think a lot of us would’ve paid over $300 for it no problem; same with Anakin/Sith Anakin. That said, I’m still buying this with no hesitation. Once HT Jabba is released, being able to have the Palace or Barge display while still being able to have a DS2 or Endor display at the same time just too awesome to pass on. Sometimes it sucks being a sucker for Star Wars.

RebelSpy007
12-07-2018, 04:42 AM
It would have been a good opportunity to tease Scouts and/or Endor Leia. Shame that's not the case.

This release isn't a surprise, but I understand the sentiment of those (like me) that bought the original. These figures are expensive as they are, and it's difficult to justify double dipping on similar figures. Having said that, you can have two distinct looks wiith the endor gear vs the original. I'm also thinking of having this Luke displayed on a speeder bike.

Vortex
12-07-2018, 04:49 AM
All I can say is I am happy I have the Bespin DX version (everything in one box) for $300. HT can keep these multiverse Anakin and Luke’s! I have no interest when I feel I am being ripped off or fooled!

Yeah but that was a long time ago. I'm guessing you're looking at $500 give or take to have all of the Jedi looks in 2018. The first Jedi Luke was somewhat of a deal by HT standards.

Recap Edit:
2 Full figures
3 Head sculpts
All the accessories

Roughly $250 a figure. (based off $266 guess for this)

BurningRage
12-07-2018, 05:21 AM
Gotta get.

Jayrod88
12-07-2018, 05:34 AM
Sideshow better crank out another run of the Speeder bikes.

Johnny Utah
12-07-2018, 05:36 AM
Luke was at his most badass in Jedi. Igniting like a boss.
https://i.redd.it/7raymuk4xzw11.gif

starduster
12-07-2018, 05:36 AM
This is what kills me. Someone finally made a toy of the version of his lightsaber that's used most in the film instead of the "hero" version.

Tortfeazor
12-07-2018, 05:55 AM
I may pick up the windswept hair once it’s parted out. Otherwise happy with my original release.

The toothy headsculpt looks goofy as hell and the non-toothy one gave me an Etan Patz vibe upon first glance.

DarthAlias
12-07-2018, 06:10 AM
Sideshow better crank out another run of the Speeder bikes.

They did already lol.

jedijim3002
Damn you Hot Toys! Now I have to decide whether I should pick up one or two of these. I need an endor look to go with my Scout trooper but that sandstorm version is a great look too. Decisions decisions.

DarthAlias
This is what kills me. Someone finally made a toy of the version of his lightsaber that's used most in the film instead of the "hero" version.

The V2 is a great looking saber. Why does it kill you?

heon123
12-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Still missing the little knob at the top although I guess its more practical that way.

Xeno Junkie
12-07-2018, 06:20 AM
I’m a bit confused here... I already have the HT ROTJ Luke but haven’t preordered their Endor Version. Is this the Endor version and ROTJ Luke in one?? What exactly is the difference between this figure and the other ROTJ? If someone knows, can you list what is additionally included here?

I’m starting to think I need to wait at least a year before preordering any Hot Toys just to make sure they don’t have a deluxe version following close behind it.

Kalkylen
12-07-2018, 06:26 AM
I’m a bit confused here... I already have the HT ROTJ Luke but haven’t preordered their Endor Version. Is this the Endor version and ROTJ Luke in one?? What exactly is the difference between this figure and the other ROTJ? If someone knows, can you list what is additionally included here?

I’m starting to think I need to wait at least a year before preordering any Hot Toys just to make sure they don’t have a deluxe version following close behind it.It's the same figure but this version has an additional head sculpt, hair piece and hands as well as the sandstorm scarf and goggles, Endor gear and a new base. It doesn't include the brown cloak or wrist cuffs.

CrankbaitJon
12-07-2018, 06:36 AM
I think this is the Endor version everyone wants. I'll pass though.

SithThundercracker
12-07-2018, 06:42 AM
I’m a bit confused here... I already have
the HT ROTJ Luke but haven’t preordered their Endor Version. Is this
the Endor version and ROTJ Luke in one?? What exactly is the
difference between this figure and the other ROTJ? If someone knows,
can you list what is additionally included here?

I’m starting to think I need to wait at least a year before
preordering any Hot Toys just to make sure they don’t have a deluxe
version following close behind it.

It's the same figure but this version has an
additional head sculpt, hair piece and hands as well as the sandstorm
scarf and goggles, Endor gear and a new base. It doesn't include the
brown cloak or wrist cuffs.

Not so simple.

Original ROTJ Luke had forward looking portrait, cape, cuffs, DS base, a different set of hands (the only three ungloved undamaged right hands).
Endor Luke comes with gnarling sculpt, regular hair, Endor helmet, Endor base,no battle damaged hands but more gloved options. It's not clear if he comes with the grey kimono but likely yes.
DX Luke comes with all Endor Luke stuff plus sandstorm gear, damaged hand, and additional sculpt (same as Original ROTJ Luke but looking sideways) and hairpiece (windy).

Star-Crunch
12-07-2018, 06:46 AM
We knew this was coming. Don’t understand the confusion or anger. Oh wait, that’s right. It’s HT collectors after all :slap:lol

MaulFan
12-07-2018, 06:50 AM
It's classic HT, instead of releasing one fully encompassing single figure, release two where just the right separation of parts that might mean a lot to some customers will force them towards buying both.

starduster
12-07-2018, 06:53 AM
The V2 is a great looking saber. Why does it kill you?

I didn't want to buy another Luke from ROTJ, but with the saber, the hands, Endor gear and wind swept hair, it's becoming too much to try and pick up once parted out.

evenflow
12-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Pretty annoyed with this one. Would have happily ordered the deluxe. Should have announced it as the same time as the original. Would love the deleted scene stuff. What happened to that accessory pack?

xipotec
12-07-2018, 07:00 AM
I guess I would be pissed off if they new head sculpt didnt suck....

And if it weren’t obvious that hair is going to be parted out and recast.....

(And its boy even that good
To all the HT apologists out there, here is why the consumers are angry.....

They previewed this figure....as a stand alone Endor version. No where did they show a second head sculpt or they other stuff....
Thats false advertising , based strictly on the fact they had a lesser figure waiting in the wings to release after the first was basically sold out....

If you cant understand why a consumer would be upset about that.....I don’t know what to say to you.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

ladyshanz
12-07-2018, 07:04 AM

They previewed this figure....as a stand alone Endor version. No where did they show a second head sculpt or they other stuff....
Thats false advertising , based strictly on the fact they had a lesser figure waiting in the wings to release after the first was basically sold out....

If you cant understand why a consumer would be upset about that.....I don’t know what to say to you.

:exactly:

SithThundercracker
12-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Pretty annoyed with this one. Would have happily ordered the deluxe. Should have announced it as the same time as the original. Would love the deleted scene stuff. What happened to that accessory pack?
To be fair there never officially was an accessory pack, just "interchangeable with upcoming accessories".
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180520/67810e2832bd77d2a491b666e1239125.jpg
And those upcoming accessories are now included in MMS 516 and MMS 517.

yy0925
12-07-2018, 07:09 AM
And I thought the whole time that people paid for one and got two figures back then with DX7...

Xeno Junkie
12-07-2018, 07:17 AM
So I guess ROTJ Rancor Luke is coming next with giant bone and look of distress?

evenflow
12-07-2018, 07:23 AM
To be fair there never officially was an accessory pack, just "interchangeable with upcoming accessories".
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180520/67810e2832bd77d2a491b666e1239125.jpg
And those upcoming accessories are now included in MMS 516 and MMS 517.

I guess so.

Less annoyed now that I realize the cloak isn’t included. It’s the way I display Luke it’s. A must. Still would have been mice to have it all in one release. I’ll just try to pick up the deleted scene stuff when parted out.

ZedBelkon
12-07-2018, 07:26 AM

Exactly. This isn't a case of whining, this figure was not previewed to include all of these extras. Seems perfectly reasonable to me that people would think this was underhanded.

If at the release of the v1 hot toys had offered (or at least revealed) the all bells and whistles RotJ luke at a premium price, I'm guessing most people would have gone for the premium.

The timing of this so incredibly close to the originals release would seemingly indicate a cynical double dip cash grab by hot toys. It's only been months since this figure was released, if it was a couple of years ago people might be less irritated.

As it was with the Anakin release.

fantasticfrog
12-07-2018, 07:29 AM
my real complaint is how crummy the sculpts are! Bucky beaver luke.
Now, will he be chubby luke still or has he gone in a diet??
I have 2 chubby Luke’s right now.
That will really make me mad. I had to hide his belly behind the cloak and a crossed arm pose.
If this body is like the original rotj luke prototype, that will be the worst offense.
We all knew ht would pull a cash grab on this. Anyone who thought it wouldn’t be a full Endor figure was crazy, why would they release an accessory pack when they can bang us for another full figure?
That said, I’ll get the deluxe just for the extra sculpt because I want the Endor figure.
I’m sure we will see a serious expression palpatine shortly.

pixletwin
12-07-2018, 07:35 AM
I would feel better about this release if I knew that Endor Leia was coming soon as well. :pray:

ZedBelkon
12-07-2018, 07:38 AM
I'm sure hot toys only sees this as good business, high return for not much outlay, but im certain that these rapid releases of variant figures so close to the first release is doing nothing for customer relations. It'll be diminishing returns if they persist in alienating a limited market.

Anyway, as with the Anakin, I'm happy with the v1 and can easily pass on this. However, I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on those stating that this is a poor show by hot toys - it is. For most people, buying something this expensive is prohibitive, so to see an expanded version released after you've just broken the bank and bought a far more limited version would understandably be disappointing.

The Buffinator
12-07-2018, 07:45 AM
Wow, how did those sculpts get approved? The mouths look terrible. It's like they used Jar Jar as a reference..

fantasticfrog
12-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Once we got a $267 anakin dark side exclusive as a whole new figure, all bets are off. Ht is going to bend us over repeatedly. This is no surprise.
The fat suit or lack of is what screws me. I may have to get a second body to replace my Death Star luke body of this one is proportional.
Too bad no sign of Endor leia or a scout.

Xeno Junkie
12-07-2018, 07:47 AM
I would feel better about this release if I knew that Endor Leia was coming soon as well. :pray:

Soon... with a standard version and ultra exclusive version six months following. Ha!

Xeno Junkie
12-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Once we got a $267 anakin dark side exclusive as a whole new figure, all bets are off. Ht is going to bend us over repeatedly. This is no surprise.
The fat suit or lack of is what screws me. I may have to get a second body to replace my Death Star luke body of this one is proportional.

I agree. I mean, if they’re going to release a whole new figure for the eyes repainted, well then we surely are doomed.

Ironic...

SithThundercracker
12-07-2018, 08:04 AM
While I do understand this is controversial, this is NOT an expanded version of MMS429 (as it's lacking the stuff to reproduce the Jabba Palace Luke), it's an expanded release of MMS516, announced the same day.
For HT it should be enough to not include the white inner collar to completely exclude both MMS429 looks. :dunno

CrankbaitJon
12-07-2018, 08:07 AM
DeathTrooper deluxe saga all over again.

Mr.Tanker
12-07-2018, 08:09 AM
I definitely would have preferred that this have originally been a more complete deluxe figure, or maybe even a two-pack, but I'm still probably going to get this.

But nobody is getting screwed over. Let's adjust the levels of hyperbole here.

ZedBelkon
12-07-2018, 08:10 AM
I am doubtful that they have re-tailored the black suit. Wouldn't be worth the expense. Effectively all that is missing of note is the robe. But you get a whole lot more than that here. The inclusion of the v1 headsculpt (albeit looking slightly off centre) is probably the point where it crosses into controversial.

If you can source a jedi robe elsewhere, this gives you the full luke package. So, would have seemed better for the loyal hot toys fanbase to have been offered this figure with the robe at the time of the original figure release.

CrankbaitJon
12-07-2018, 08:14 AM
If Hot Toys named this "Endor Luke" and include the other stuff as "bonus accessories", there might be less angry people.

ZedBelkon
12-07-2018, 08:14 AM
I definitely would have preferred that this have been originally been a more complete deluxe figure, or maybe even a two-pack, but I'm still probably going to get this.

But nobody is getting screwed over. Let's adjust the levels of hyperbole here.

Guess it comes down to how you see "screwed over". Nobody has been robbed, but if you are sold something then the supplier produces the same item from under the counter with 50% added stuff and goes "oooh, look what you could have had!". Yes, nobody has technically screwed anyone over, but you could understand the customer feeling slightly miffed.

Just think maybe hot toys should revisit this particular marketing ploy.

bmarz1000
12-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Seriously, what kind of an attitude is that to have on a forum thread talking about a 1:6 scale action figure? You nerds who try to push around and insult other nerds always make me laugh.

Yeah, nothing worse than a Nerd Bully. This forum would be dull as hell if no one was allowed to have a difference of opinion. At these prices, people are allowed to speak their mind. Sure, they don't have to buy the figure, but they're entitled to have an opinion. The people who bend over and take everything HT and SS feed them are the ones who should be criticized. Because of them these companies can charge whatever they want with very little blow back.

Sithblade
12-07-2018, 08:25 AM
Worth getting if you want a 12" Damien Thorn. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/ae3ecbb08a60056c78dfa37156066263.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Xeno Junkie
12-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Yeah, nothing worse than a Nerd Bully. This forum would be dull as hell if no one was allowed to have a difference of opinion. At these prices, people are allowed to speak their mind. Sure, they don't have to buy the figure, but they're entitled to have an opinion. The people who bend over and take everything HT and SS feed them are the ones who should be criticized. Because of them these companies can charge whatever they want with very little blow back.

Totally agree with you! 👍🏻

Bo Shrek
12-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Imagine how the T-1000 would be released today!!

Bo Shrek
12-07-2018, 08:39 AM

If people buy double of the same figure and are will to spend $600 to own both versions why would HT stop. HT HQ is laughing counting their money!!!

dukefett
12-07-2018, 08:45 AM
If Hot Toys named this "Endor Luke" and include the other stuff as "bonus accessories", there might be less angry people.

I would be fine if it just didn't include both headsculpts or even Jabba's Blaster. Something to make the first release worth it. The cloak and binders are probably cheap enough to buy on the aftermarket now for people that didn't get the first release to have everything.

I wonder how many cancellations Sideshow will get for their version now haha. Those are the real winner, the people who said they wanted a full package and went with Sideshow; now they can order this one. It'd be funny if SS didn't distribute this release.

jkno
12-07-2018, 08:56 AM

punisher1974
12-07-2018, 09:05 AM
I might pick one of these up to complement my Jedi Luke. I think it will be cheaper than trying to get the individual parts I want. I think the head sculpts can use some more tweaking but overall I think its a nice set. I love the first Jedi Luke they released and have him displayed with the cloak but I really want to also do a Death Star Battle with Vader scene.

Rambler
12-07-2018, 09:05 AM
meh. easy pass for me. do not like the sculpts at all and only really want the wind swept hair piece. No need for all the other stuff.

Choryujin
12-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Wow rather unnecessary post, but if being a sarcastic ahole makes your day better, lol, have at it.

I love ROTJ Luke, as he was "my" Luke growing up...so even with purchasing 2 of the original Lukes (one to display with Vader in the throne room duel and one to display with Jedi cape and hood on) I'll still probably grab 2 more of the deluxe (to display as sandstorm and Endor to pair with my Scout) but I can see how this release would bother some folks. That's fair. I did a work around with the Dark Side Ani by having regular Ani get a sith eye repaint, but still felt it was a decently crappy thing to release, as most folks hadn't even gotten their original one yet. So even though I'm a buyer, I don't fault anyone for feeling a bit sore on the deluxe release

Fully agree with this post (only have 1 Luke but was contemplating a second plus buying the Endor). I'll get this one and possibly a second. I understand the frustration but don't necessarily agree with it. Too many people on this forum seem to sway from one extreme to the other. It's refreshing to see a middle of the road post that can see both sides. It's nothing we can control and at the end of the day, buy it or don't, but it's still happening. This release plus the Endor and the original gives everyone the choice of versions at a price they are comfortable with.

davejames
12-07-2018, 09:19 AM
I would be fine if it just didn't include both headsculpts or even Jabba's Blaster. Something to make the first release worth it. The cloak and binders are probably cheap enough to buy on the aftermarket now for people that didn't get the first release to have everything.

I wonder how many cancellations Sideshow will get for their version now haha. Those are the real winner, the people who said they wanted a full package and went with Sideshow; now they can order this one. It'd be funny if SS didn't distribute this release.

Obviously I agree they should have included everything in one Deluxe set up front, but looking at the existing figures I still think the original is the best, what with the cloak and the eyes looking forward. So I'm not feeling like I wasted my money on it.

And I always assumed I would need a separate Luke for the Endor look anyway, since it would just be way too many looks for one Deluxe figure, as they're each so iconic.

matrix69
12-07-2018, 09:25 AM
The extra gloved hands are the only thing i'd like to pick up from this version....the rest i can take or leave...and that windswept hair sculpt looks awful..

The Green Goblin
12-07-2018, 09:35 AM
glad I never got the first version. This one has everything the first should've come with and more.

RebelSpy007
12-07-2018, 09:55 AM
I blame Kenner. They started it with Jedi Luke and Endor Luke.... ;-)

I still wanna see this guy on a speeder bike.

Tee-Kay
12-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Still no saber holding gloved hand if i'm not mistaken. Other than that, glad to see that Endor Luke, teased for 18 months, getting a release.

dukefett
12-07-2018, 09:58 AM
Obviously I agree they should have included everything in one Deluxe set up front, but looking at the existing figures I still think the original is the best, what with the cloak and the eyes looking forward. So I'm not feeling like I wasted my money on it.

And I always assumed I would need a separate Luke for the Endor look anyway, since it would just be way too many looks for one Deluxe figure, as they're each so iconic.

I don't feel like I wasted money, but just as many said I would've bought this version. I don't really have the space to display 2 Jedi Lukes right now and would've preferred all of the options in one box. If the first release was a DX with 2 bodies, then so be it, but this is what we got. I'll have to decide if I want to sell the first and recoup some money or just get both and have one sit in a box.

The extra gloved hands are the only thing i'd like to pick up from this version....the rest i can take or leave...and that windswept hair sculpt looks awful..

I was hoping for windswept hair, but I bought the Inigo sculpt already. I think the hair on that one looks better. This hair is like mildly wind blown and not as much as that shot. I don't get their promo images either, the closest to recreating that shot they didn't even use the new head sculpt

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 10:27 AM
So many people seem mad yet I keep reading about them "picking up two" anyway.... here's a way to get two different figures all ready to go.

Plus they showed this figure a year and a half ago... no shock here.

Anyway, faces look silly. Hair ain't great.

Like the damaged hand and extra black gloves and that's really about it.

MaulFan
12-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Still no saber holding gloved hand if i'm not mistaken. Other than that, glad to see that Endor Luke, teased for 18 months, getting a release.

Nope, open hand, fist and pistol grip which could be used as a saber grip in a pinch, both regular and deluxe.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photos/PD1544156159z0h.jpg?1544203491831

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photos/PD15441689907WK.jpg?1544203527438

Something to note for those thinking this figure will include the saber hilt used in the film and not the hero saber like the first Jedi Luke, it's not shown in any of the accessory pics, it could be an error and someone grabbed it from the Emperor figure and put it in the photo.

neb
12-07-2018, 10:32 AM
Not sure why people are shocked. We saw this on display a long while ago. And honestly, people were going to complain no matter what.

Either "It doesn't come with anything, barebones ******** HT double dipping for just a poncho and a different HS!" or "Look at everything it comes with, what a slap in the face!!!"

Like, I get not being stoked that you can't get everything with a single release - but we've known about that since the Endor version was shown at Comic-Con.
Also, to the people saying the face sculpts look terrible on this as opposed to the original figure... you do know one of these sculpts is literally the same as the initial release with different eye paint, right? lol. I'd pick this up if HT made a Speederbike, or if I could find an SS one for a reasonable price.

ddhc
12-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Yeah, Hot toys hair sculpt looks weird.

https://i.imgur.com/OtgKZYF.jpg

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 10:39 AM
The HT gritted teeth sculpt just looks weird in general.

Jamielov
12-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Nope, open hand, fist and pistol grip which could be used as a saber grip in a pinch, both regular and deluxe.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photos/PD1544156159z0h.jpg?1544203491831

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photos/PD15441689907WK.jpg?1544203527438

Something to note for those thinking this figure will include the saber hilt used in the film and not the hero saber like the first Jedi Luke, it's not shown in any of the accessory pics, it could be an error and someone grabbed it from the Emperor figure and put it in the photo.

The hilt the emperor figure came with was the Hero version, not the V2 that was mostly used in the film.

master anakin skywalker
12-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Yea Luke Skywalker has a natural receded hair line look. I feel like hot toys try’s to beautify their figures instead of making them 100 percent accurate. Bit of a shame because they are above taking liberties on character design, atleast that’s what I thought.

SilverStar17
Interesting that he comes with a blaster holding hand, but still no saber gripping hand. I guess that makes sense, since he used a blaster WAY more. :lol

As was mentioned though, a blaster holding hand is an adequate substitute for a saber hand in a pinch.

dukefett
Not sure why people are shocked. We saw this on display a long while ago. And honestly, people were going to complain no matter what.

Either "It doesn't come with anything, barebones ******** HT double dipping for just a poncho and a different HS!" or "Look at everything it comes with, what a slap in the face!!!"

Like, I get not being stoked that you can't get everything with a single release - but we've known about that since the Endor version was shown at Comic-Con.
Also, to the people saying the face sculpts look terrible on this as opposed to the original figure... you do know one of these sculpts is literally the same as the initial release with different eye paint, right? lol. I'd pick this up if HT made a Speederbike, or if I could find an SS one for a reasonable price.

I wouldn't be mad if the Endor regular version had the windswept hair, but it doesn't. If you wanted that hair you need the deluxe, I really don't care about the deleted scene crap. It would make sense if there was a version that had all the parts you're missing and not the ones you already have. The Deluxe here is 95% of the package. You can buy the cloak on eBay for $20 or less looking at sold auctions.

MaulFan
12-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Interesting that he comes with a blaster holding hand, but still no saber gripping hand. I guess that makes sense, since he used a blaster WAY more. :lol

As was mentioned though, a blaster holding hand is an adequate substitute for a saber hand in a pinch.

Especially when the only time he held a blaster in the entire movie was in Jabba's palace before he even had a glove on his hand.

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Especially when the only time he held a blaster in the entire movie was in Jabba's palace before he even had a glove on his hand.

:exactly:

dukefett
12-07-2018, 11:20 AM

lol why can't HT just ASK people who know these things?

xipotec
12-07-2018, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't be mad if the Endor regular version had the windswept hair, but it doesn't. If you wanted that hair you need the deluxe, I really don't care about the deleted scene crap. It would make sense if there was a version that had all the parts you're missing and not the ones you already have. The Deluxe here is 95% of the package. You can buy the cloak on eBay for $20 or less looking at sold auctions.

Yeah, thats going to end quickly now......

Those cloaks will be 50-80 soon.....market demand since this figure is missing it.

Mike86
12-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Yeah, the Hot Toys sculpt should have more of a blown out wave to it like the custom one has. It sort of just looks like he has his hair parted on the Hot Toys sculpt.

aeseven7
12-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Excited the Deluxe has the V2 lightsaber...finally! Would have been nice if it was included prior to this release but I’ll be happy to finally have it.

Tee-Kay
12-07-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess the pistol grip will have to do. As a few already mentioned, weird choice as Luke did not hold any pistol in ROTJ after he added a glove to his outfit.

Deathstalker
12-07-2018, 01:13 PM
$282....... hhhmmmm

Xeno Junkie
12-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Well he’s up!
Gotta be honest, after looking at this piece more and more that likeness is rough! I’m really surprised at Hot Toys.

neb
12-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Well he’s up!
Gotta be honest, after looking at this piece more and more that likeness is rough! I’m really surprised at Hot Toys.
It's the exact same sculpt as the original ROTJ release with eyes painted looking to the side.

jedijim3002
12-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Ordered my deluxe through Sideshow. Brought it down with some rewards. July-September of next year will be a long wait.

dukefett
12-07-2018, 01:45 PM
The first one was $230, so $52 for the extra head, hair, and other stuff is a good deal price wise. Still a bit annoyed. I'm going to wait until next Spooktacular and get some more points and then buy it then. If it's anything like the other release they'll make plenty.

Sardo Numspa
12-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Hmmm. Most of the thread is the debate over whether or not HT is screwing collectors over by releasing this after the other one.
For me, the real question is whether these headsculpts are any good at all. These release pics actually make the Sideshow one look even more tempting to me, quite frankly...

Hoody999
12-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Absolutely - total kick in the teeth for those that bought the first version. I am well and truly P’d off with HT for pulling this stunt.
I was only ever really interested in the Deathstar look, but being a collector in the UK I need to either jump on a pre-order as soon as it’s available or risk missing out (or paying even more over the odds than U.K. collectors already do). Given there was no guarantee HT would ever release another Jedi Luke, I had to go with the first version, regretting it now! [emoji2959]

This was my initial reaction too, However looking more closely I don't like the look of this at all.

1). Windswept hair looks terrible with this sculpt.
2). Eyes looking to the side loo worse than the existing straight ahead version
3). Who needs deleted scene clothing & goggles.
4). Teeth sculpt looks terrible.

Even if I didn't have the first one I wouldn't be interested in this.

I do love when it's so easy to pass on a HT release. My wallet is cheering !!

6000 posts. Holy crap !....and still zero feedback whatever that is ! :lol

Mike86
12-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Think I’ll wait for a couple orders to clear and some rewards points to be applied before pre-ordering. I’ll get the deluxe though. Price doesn’t seem terrible considering the extra sculpt and Endor gear if you ask me.

sithlord13
12-07-2018, 01:55 PM
When I first saw it th8 morning I was like wow. A bit annoyed but like cool. Then I really looked at the head sculpts and I’m not sure. I just want a Luke that looks so like Hamill

And a Death Star gunner and lobot.

neb
12-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Hmmm. Most of the thread is the debate over whether or not HT is screwing collectors over by releasing this after the other one.
For me, the real question is whether these headsculpts are any good at all. These release pics actually make the Sideshow one look even more tempting to me, quite frankly...

It's literally the same sculpt as the original version... the eyes are just painted looking to the side instead lol. Assuming you don't have the first release, because otherwise you must think that's a bad sculpt too.

neb
12-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Up on BBTS, both normal and DX.

DX: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84824

normal: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84822

No NRD

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 02:02 PM
You also get Luke's Jedi belt with the Deluxe but not with the Endor slim version.

whitd
12-07-2018, 02:08 PM
The teeth sculpt makes me think he’s about to spit venom out between his teeth

ebro42
12-07-2018, 02:08 PM

Great comparison here, you can clearly see the difference. HTs figure looks more like Tom Welling rather than Luke Skywalker in this pic.

ebro42
12-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Up on BBTS, both normal and DX.

DX: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84824

normal: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84822

No NRD

No NRD. With their behavior nowadays, you'll be lucky to get it at all. They've been known to cancel orders without notice.

neb
12-07-2018, 02:16 PM
No NRD. With their behavior nowadays, you'll be lucky to get it at all. They've been known to cancel orders without notice.
Never had that issue. They take a while, sure. But I've never had them cancel my order in 5 years of buying from them.

Darth Snoopy
12-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Please play nice and be civil towards each other, Freaks.

If you don't like a particular collectible that's fine. Move on to something you do like. Remember constructive criticism is fine and contributes to a good discussion for all.

Thread cleaned.

ebro42
12-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Never had that issue. They take a while, sure. But I've never had them cancel my order in 5 years of buying from them.

Good and I truly hope you never do, but there are quite a few who have. Supposedly do to high cancellations on certain customers.

Choryujin
12-07-2018, 02:26 PM

It's now become cheaper or just as cheap to go back to Sideshow even after their expensive shipping since $4 shipping plus NC sales tax actually puts me well above what SS would charge plus I get rewards. BBTS used to be my go to but now it's no longer worth the hassle with sales tax involved.

davejames
12-07-2018, 02:27 PM

The Sideshow sculpt has always looked pretty terrible to me, but looking at it again it does seem to work better than that gritted teeth sculpt, at least with the helmet on.

FlyAndFight
12-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Not sure if I want (or really need) this one in my collection, as I had previously thought.

With both options available, I'll wait until either goes on sale and then rethink it then. Endor Leia may push me to get Luke as well.

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 02:35 PM
Lots and Lots of Endor Lukes going to be floating around next Fall.

davejames
12-07-2018, 02:43 PM
This was my initial reaction too, However looking more closely I don't like the look of this at all.

Even if I didn't have the first one I wouldn't be interested in this.

I do love when it's so easy to pass on a HT release. My wallet is cheering !!

6000 posts. Holy crap !....and still zero feedback whatever that is ! :lol

Yeah I've never understood the desire for windswept hair. If there's anything they should have done for an alternate style, it was give him the messier hair he actually had in most of the movie.

neb
12-07-2018, 02:47 PM
The Sideshow sculpt has always looked pretty terrible to me, but looking at it again it does seem to work better than that gritted teeth sculpt, at least with the helmet on.

Does SS use bulkier wrist pegs than HT? Whenever I see their pics they stick out like a soar thumb. Might just be that HT does a better job of covering it up.

Alexjl
12-07-2018, 02:52 PM
For some reason, the headsculpts looks more like current, old Mark Hamill as opposed to RotJ Hamill.

I mean, it looks like a CGI de-aged version of Hamill today by someone that had no reference material on what he looked like back then, if that makes sense...

dukefett
12-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Yeah I've never understood the desire for windswept hair. If there's anything they should have done for an alternate style, it was give him the messier hair he actually had in most of the movie.

The windswept hair is from one of the most iconic shots in the movie and was on the poster.

sifu74
12-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Why does it look like he is wearing dentures ala Gary Busey? Those are some big teeth.

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 03:10 PM

I would have preferred this as well.

customizerwannabe
12-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Headsculpt sucks balls on this one.

BurningRage
12-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Ordered at BBTS.

svnmelter
12-07-2018, 03:28 PM
For some reason, the headsculpts looks more like current, old Mark Hamill as opposed to RotJ Hamill.

I mean, it looks like a CGI de-aged version of Hamill today by someone that had no reference material on what he looked like back then, if that makes sense...

I agree completely. I think the Sideshow head captures a better likeness to classic Hamill.

medicomsucks
12-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Not really overwhelmed. I have the first version. It's ok I guess. The wind hair does look kind of odd. I think it would look better on the esb damaged head but it probably won't fit.

matticus
12-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Jedi Cloak > Endor Poncho

Rizor
12-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Man, Hamill circa 1983 must be really hard to pin down, cuz neither this nor the Sideshow figure really do a good job. Of them all, I think the HT head sculpt with neutral expression and windswept hair looks the most like ROTJ Luke to me.

hen88
12-07-2018, 03:33 PM
I broke down and pre-ordered this. I'm holding out hope that they will release Endor Leia (and Widget). Also - I figure that you cannot have too many Lukes.

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Jedi Cloak > Endor Poncho & sand storm gear

Fixed. :lol

TaliBane
12-07-2018, 03:36 PM

Yeah, the huge forehead does look like a shaved and de-aged version of the Crait figure, not like a young Luke.

Why does it look like he is wearing dentures ala Gary Busey? Those are some big teeth.

Yeah, the Tooth Skywalker look was problematic in the proto but for some reason the teeth look even more prominent in these latest pics.

Man, Hamill circa 1983 must be really hard to pin down, cuz neither this nor the Sideshow figure really do a good job. Of them all, I think the HT head sculpt with neutral expression and windswept hair looks the most like ROTJ Luke to me.

Not sure they pulled off the windswept barge hair very well here - though I imagine it's hard to sculpt.

I broke down and pre-ordered this. I'm holding out hope that they will release Endor Leia (and Widget). Also - I figure that you cannot have too many Lukes.

Sounds like the upcoming ST Ewok that is old Lando's sidekick.:lol

"He's like Wicket... but different..."

guyver1
12-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Ordered the deluxe at BBTS

$280 is not too bad considering all we get

TaliBane
12-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Jedi Cloak > Endor Poncho & sand storm gear

Fixed. :lol

Yeah, it worked as a "fifth wheel" hasbro figure (let's face it, Hasbro did a figure of literally everything except deleted-scene Luke with Bacta face appliance) not sure it works as a primary selling feature for a 1/6 DX figure.

Cr00ky
12-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Agreed on the deleted scene stuff, but I quite like the emotive quality of the toothy sculpt even if the likeness is off compared to the original release. My ideal setup was always Jedi Luke duelling Vader and I think the grimacing sculpt (with the standard hair) suits that scene better than the slightly bored look of the original version I have. Plus I’m slightly worried HT might fix the fat suit issue on this version.
Even as I type this I realise that my comments above only relate to the Endor version (which we did know was probably coming) but I do also quite like the windswept hair as an additional dynamic pose option.
I suppose my point is that right now if I was able to choose between the original release and the Deluxe, I’d buy the Deluxe (even with the shortcomings of the sculpts). It gives the display options closest to what I hoped for from a HT Jedi Luke set.

I hope that makes sense - my ramblings above are of course purely subjective!

Skywalker(OG)Kush
12-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Sorry if am late to the party but............What the **** is this release????????????????????????????????? Can I have my money back for the other one now please? I feel duped and cheated. Collectibles my ass. Please remove Collectible from the threads title, these definitely aren't collectibles anymore

fantasticfrog
12-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Even with 2 overweight Luke’s, I was all aboard the Endor version. Now, not so much. I do not like the tooth sculpt at all. The windy hair is a fail. I’ll get the deluxe and use the regular rotj sculpt with the poncho. Overall a very underwhelming release.
I’m not ordering until it is released and has some kind of a sale. Same with maul and his speeder. With these prices, it’s not worth paying full price plus sideshow’s Rip off shipping prices. Very few figures sell out anymore.

neb
12-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Sorry if am late to the party but............What the **** is this release????????????????????????????????? Can I have my money back for the other one now please? I feel duped and cheated. Collectibles my ass. Please remove Collectible from the threads title, these definitely aren't collectibles anymore

lol let's be real dude, "collectibles" basically just means "premium priced figure/prop" now. With figures a release can be the cream of the crop for 5-6 years before a better version comes along, and no one cares about the old one. There's nothing like the figures from the 70s coming out now that will actually be collectible long term, especially with Star Wars items. To me, the collectible aspect is "do I value it in my personal collection". None of this stuff is going to be worth a fraction of what it is now is 10 years. There will be newer, better versions.

fantasticfrog
12-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Also, I’m not mad about the double dipping with this figure. We all knew it would happen once the Endor Luke was shown. It is a simple reissue cash grab. I was comfortable with that because I’m a moron.
It’s the crappy head sculpts that bother me. Why do the marvel sculpts always seem better?

Also, when will we get the reissue neutral face palpatine and bespin escape leia?
Those are easy cash grabs we all know are inevitable.
Yes, I’ll buy both.

hen88
12-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Yeah, the huge forehead does look like a shaved and de-aged version of the Crait figure, not like a young Luke.

Yeah, the Tooth Skywalker look was problematic in the proto but for some reason the teeth look even more prominent in these latest pics.

Not sure they pulled off the windswept barge hair very well here - though I imagine it's hard to sculpt.

Sounds like the upcoming ST Ewok that is old Lando's sidekick.:lol

"He's like Wicket... but different..."

Don’t you know Widget? He’s Wicket’s evil twin. Lol. Typing too fast and then autocorrect got me.

Mike86
12-07-2018, 04:56 PM
I wonder if Endor Leia is still in the cards. They haven’t been showing her recently (seems like the Bespin gown version took her place).

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Likely she's next to drop.

Knightstalker
12-07-2018, 04:59 PM
I want his sail barge battle look with the wind swept hair, and I want his Endor look so I have no problem getting both version 1 and the new deluxe set for my display.

hen88
12-07-2018, 04:59 PM
I wonder if Endor Leia is still in the cards. They haven’t been showing her recently (seems like the Bespin gown version took her place).

Well - it seems like the most viable look for them to release from ROTJ. Also - it would go really well with Endor Luke. Maybe they would complete the diorama with the speeder bike and the scout trooper.

heon123
12-07-2018, 05:11 PM

They certainly look great with one another although I'd prefer some more weathering on Leia's costume.

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 05:16 PM

They certainly look great with one another although I'd prefer some more weathering on Leia's costume.

Leia looks better than Luke. She doesn't have those ridiculous gritted teeth.

Mike86
12-07-2018, 05:22 PM
I actually don’t think the gritted teeth sculpt is as bad as most think it is personally. I feel it looks better from certain angles than straight on.

K1NG J0RDAN
12-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I actually don’t think the gritted teeth sculpt is as bad as most think it is personally. I feel it looks better from certain angles than straight on.

And it’s great for dynamic posing. I like it.

Creighton
12-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Great comparison here, you can clearly see the difference. HTs figure looks more like Tom Welling rather than Luke Skywalker in this pic.

Great comparison pic. yeah you need the wide eyed look to capture a young Hamill. What are the odds this sculpt gets reworked?

Jamielov
12-07-2018, 05:24 PM
I've been looking through the pics from ROTJ and can't seem to find a definitive answer. Anyone know if sandstorm Luke had his vest on underneath the face/necl cloak he was wrapped in? He had it on during the sail barge scenes, but I can't tell from the footage. Same question on the Endor Pancho? He had the vest on later when he was taking with Leia but can't tell if he was vested under the Pancho.

Creighton
12-07-2018, 05:26 PM
I've been looking through the pics from ROTJ and can't seem to find a definitive answer. Anyone know if sandstorm Luke had his vest on underneath the face/necl cloak he was wrapped in? He had it on during the sail barge scenes, but I can't tell from the footage. Same question on the Endor Pancho? He had the vest on later when he was taking with Leia but can't tell if he was vested under the Pancho.

Yes, the vest was under the sand storm rags cloak.

Creighton
12-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Are there two sculpts with this? Because the main picture on their site for this figure, I coudn't tell who it was supposed to be (I didn't look at the name of the figure, I wanted to see if I could guess, and I usually can, but that main picture doesn't look like Hamill). But some of the other pictures of the figure do look like him - about half do and half don't. Very strange. Also, it looks like this one maybe has the moving eye system? Seems like they have a harder time making some figures look like the actor when it has that.

Two sculpts- took me a while to figure it out also. lol

pixletwin
12-07-2018, 05:30 PM
I ordered the deluxe. Bring on Leia so these dopey Endor Rebels I e had for ten years will finally look good.

Protozaius
12-07-2018, 05:31 PM
I must say, I'm a little taken aback by the price tag.... considering much of this taken from the previous release. Like many here, I think I'll wait until I accumulate more rewards until I order.

Seems strange to me... usually any Luke Skywalker figures are first day pre-orders for me.

Like Wor Gar said, there will be plenty of Lukes this next fall.

So no rush.

I'm also surprised how long we will have to wait for the figure as well. I thought it would be more like the Dark Side Anakin and how quickly he was released along with the regular Anakin.

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Luke has a real Mr. Robot creep factor in that deleted scene.

Knightstalker
12-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Preordered the deluxe. Hope Endor Leia isn’t too far behind. Now just want Endor Han, and a few ewoks and I’ll be happy.

Creighton
12-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Luke has a real Mr. Robot creep factor in that deleted scene.

"See ya back at the fleet." lol

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Eager to see the usual JC Hong pictures of the painted sculpt so I can imagine a softer, simpler looking prod piece.

davejames
12-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Eager to see the usual JC Hong pictures of the painted sculpt so I can imagine a softer, simpler looking prod piece.

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 05:47 PM
What's with those weird teeth??? Its like some inner beak.

I always like eyes to the side though.

TaliBane
12-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Don’t you know Widget? He’s Wicket’s evil twin. Lol. Typing too fast and then autocorrect got me.

Not sure Wicket needed an evil twin - he was cute-reepy even in 1983.:lol

Creighton
12-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Digging the hair.
- John Ritter

davejames
12-07-2018, 05:59 PM
What's with those weird teeth??? Its like some inner beak.

I always like eyes to the side though.

Yeah I think the problem might be less with the mouth than with the placement of the teeth inside.

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Be fine if they just didn't paint the teeth.

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 06:04 PM
Is that the same sculpt as the MMS429, just looking to the side? Or is it a new sculpt? I was under the impression it was the former, but I don’t think the MMS429 has the mouth fully open to where the two separate rows of teeth are spaced apart.

DarkChocobi
12-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Just ordered Endor Luke version, have zero interest for Deluxe.

ladyshanz
12-07-2018, 06:14 PM

I hope so. Been waiting for that one.

heon123
12-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Anyone else waiting for Popcultcha to list theirs? Their recent handling and delays doesn't have me too optimistic so I might have to cop the abhorrent international shipping costs from elsewhere.

karamazov80
12-07-2018, 06:46 PM
The new head looks extremely weird. I would probably take the Jedi cloak over all this new stuff, if I were to buy either (I won't).

neb
12-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Is that the same sculpt as the MMS429, just looking to the side? Or is it a new sculpt? I was under the impression it was the former, but I don’t think the MMS429 has the mouth fully open to where the two separate rows of teeth are spaced apart.

It's the same sculpt, just different eye paint. I prefer the MMS429 one myself. You can kinda see it in this pic, I think the mouth just looks different depending on lighting. 435671

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 07:02 PM
I prefer the MMS429 sculpt as well. I feel the eyes looking to one side limits posing options.

bw778083
12-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Also, I’m not mad about the double dipping with this figure. We all knew it would happen once the Endor Luke was shown. It is a simple reissue cash grab. I was comfortable with that because I’m a moron.
It’s the crappy head sculpts that bother me. Why do the marvel sculpts always seem better?

Also, when will we get the reissue neutral face palpatine and bespin escape leia?
Those are easy cash grabs we all know are inevitable.
Yes, I’ll buy both.

Awesome comment. I agree with you 100%. "I was comfortable with that because I'm a moron." "Yes, I'll buy both." Just hilarious. And I can totally relate....

neb
12-07-2018, 07:15 PM
I prefer the MMS429 sculpt as well. I feel the eyes looking to one side limits posing options.

100%. I know many think HT's figures have a tendency to look dead when the eyes are straight on, but at least there are a lot of posing options. With the DX head he'll have to be turned 70 degrees the entire time if I want it to look good lol. I plan on selling that off and trying to pick up the original sculpt if I can... or like I mentioned, just buying the MMS429 as a whole.

I've been searching for a speeder bike all day lol.

bw778083
12-07-2018, 07:20 PM
100%. I know many think HT's figures have a tendency to look dead when the eyes are straight on, but at least there are a lot of posing options. With the DX head he'll have to be turned 70 degrees the entire time if I want it to look good lol. I plan on selling that off and trying to pick up the original sculpt if I can... or like I mentioned, just buying the MMS429 as a whole.

Sideshow seems to have plenty of speeder bikes....

neb
12-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Sideshow seems to have plenty of speeder bikes....

True. I should probably reiterate, looking for a good deal on a speeder bike all day lol. Not sure I wanna spend $350 on one. Just checked the sold listings on eBay and it looks like some sold in just the last couple months for $250-ish. Missed my chance!

Guess I could always try painting one of the Hasbro/Kenner ones if I want it a bit cheaper. This person did a pretty decent job with theirs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yDCxBNzvs

Wor-Gar
12-07-2018, 07:54 PM
HT will offer a fine Speeder bike at SDCC next year.

abake
12-07-2018, 08:01 PM
This looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure I need all of that stuff...
I might look for bits and pieces parted out to make my own ROTJ Luke now that there's so many options.
So are the eyes PERS?

Tortfeazor
12-07-2018, 08:05 PM
I feel like the toothy sculpt might be better if the rest of the face matched. But it’s like the top half of the face is neutral but the mouth is angry, so it just looks creepy.

Same thing with some smiling sculpts I’ve seen. Sometimes they sculpt the smile but seem to forget that people smile with their whole face. Eyes in particular.

davejames
12-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Still undecided on which version (if any) to get, but I'm guessing they're both going to be available for awhile like all the other Lukes, so I can probably take my time.

pixletwin
12-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Still undecided on which version (if any) to get, but I'm guessing they're both going to be available for awhile like all the other Lukes, so I can probably take my time.

I went with the deluxe because the FLEX payment was a few bucks cheaper. :lol

RyanBlueThunder
12-07-2018, 08:55 PM
I feel like the toothy sculpt might be better if the rest of the face matched. But it’s like the top half of the face is neutral but the mouth is angry, so it just looks creepy.

Same thing with some smiling sculpts I’ve seen. Sometimes they sculpt the smile but seem to forget that people smile with their whole face. Eyes in particular.

I just rewatched the speeder bike scene from Jedi and the exposed teeth headsculpt looks like it was drawn directly from one of those cuts. I think that sculpt will look best with the Endor rebel helmet on. Although I've got the first release, and feel somewhat kicked in the balls with this new releases, I'm still super tempted to pre-order. Mostly because Luke is my fav and I'd love to have him on a speeder bike.

ObiGlennKenobi
12-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Anyone else waiting for Popcultcha to list theirs? Their recent handling and delays doesn't have me too optimistic so I might have to cop the abhorrent international shipping costs from elsewhere.

Hang in there...they put the Stormtrooper up during the week and the Dlx version yesterday.
Only figure i haven't seen go up yet is the Dlx R2D2.

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 09:10 PM

Yep. When the eyes are looking straight ahead, you can simply just turn the head if you want him looking to the side. However, with the eyes already looking to the side, you can’t make it look straight ahead.

davejames
12-07-2018, 09:29 PM
I just rewatched the speeder bike scene from Jedi and the exposed teeth headsculpt looks like it was drawn directly from one of those cuts. I think that sculpt will look best with the Endor rebel helmet on. Although I've got the first release, and feel somewhat kicked in the balls with this new releases, I'm still super tempted to pre-order. Mostly because Luke is my fav and I'd love to have him on a speeder bike.

Yeah from the pics they showed, I thought the gritted teeth sculpt worked pretty well with the helmet on. It's only without the helmet that it starts to look off to me.

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 09:42 PM
I concur with that. Helmet on, it looks decent. With the hair piece, it looks a bit creepy.

TonTon
12-07-2018, 10:39 PM
I think the problem with the windswept look is that it’s a removable hair piece. If it were just a sculpted head like the Inigo one they could probably get it looking far better. Looks like a little wig on a bald person as it basically is. The wind exposing the actual hair line is kinda critical for achieving the look of that original poster.

Probably will get the deluxe but I’m not feeling confident about selling off parts from the original release. Who’s gonna need Luke pants or a shirt this time next year. Plus it’ll be tempting to keep the straight on eyes sculpt. I see the 3 ROTJ cloaks at TA were promptly snatched up today/yesterday.

Skillerwhale
12-07-2018, 10:51 PM
I was upset about this at first. I had ordered the first ROTJ Luke and this felt like a bit of a slap. I now feel like this is more of a parted up DX (think bespin Luke). We all know that if HT released a two body figure, the price would be similar to the original plus this deluxe release. My this-morning-self would be miffed, but I am surprisingly on board with this now. :lightsabe

Darth Fok
12-07-2018, 10:54 PM
I see a lot of people are upset with this release because they brought the first one. I think the first one holds its own.

chemicals
12-07-2018, 10:57 PM
**** move Hot Toys

SilverStar17
12-07-2018, 11:01 PM
**** move Hot Toys

Hey now. What happened to this guy?:

Or just let people enjoy things instead of constant bashing and attacks. Get over it please.

TonTon
12-07-2018, 11:13 PM

Nice catch. Another reason to grab this version, is that for the light up saber too?

So I guess ROTJ Rancor Luke is coming next with giant bone and look of distress?

:lol

Skillerwhale
12-07-2018, 11:15 PM
**** move Hot Toys

Ehhhh!!! He learned how to comment!

choombaz
12-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Hang in there...they put the Stormtrooper up during the week and the Dlx version yesterday.
Only figure i haven't seen go up yet is the Dlx R2D2.

Yeah isn’t the new Bucky up as well on PC?

Malgus
12-08-2018, 01:20 AM
We knew this was coming. Don’t understand the confusion or anger. Oh wait, that’s right. It’s HT collectors after all :slap:lol

Yeah. I see someone using the word livid to describe their feelings about this release. Anyone who gets livid over the release of a doll has much bigger problems they need to worry about.

Vortex
12-08-2018, 01:54 AM

It was. And they missed, badly.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uC5efPXQ8o4/hqdefault.jpg

Drake
12-08-2018, 02:50 AM

If by look of distress, you mean his eyes painted looking in the opposite direction, then probably, yes... :lol

TaliBane
12-08-2018, 02:53 AM
Hey now. What happened to this guy?:

chemical imbalance.:dunno:lol

Xeno Junkie
12-08-2018, 06:28 AM
Rancor Luke will have PERS eyes. Wait for it...

DarthAlias
12-08-2018, 06:41 AM
The V2 lightsaber only comes with deluxe. Well played HT. While I would’ve preferred this in the beginning. It’s better than me buying two of the 429 release. Almost bought another.

starduster
12-08-2018, 07:21 AM
The V2 lightsaber only comes with deluxe. Well played HT. While I would’ve preferred this in the beginning. It’s better than me buying two of the 429 release. Almost bought another.

Are we sure of that? Both images that show what's included show the "hero" version hilt, and that insert is lifted from the original Jedi Luke solicitation images. I wonder if someone at Hot Toys can answer that. Has it been set up at Secret Base yet?

DarthAlias
12-08-2018, 07:58 AM
Are we sure of that? Both images that show what's included show the "hero" version hilt, and that insert is lifted from the original Jedi Luke solicitation images. I wonder if someone at Hot Toys can answer that. Has it been set up at Secret Base yet?

The product description on the deluxe on sideshow says additional weathered hilt only available with deluxe.

fantasticfrog
12-08-2018, 08:08 AM
I stared lovingly at my toys for a while. Both anakin’s are awesome. How did they do Hayden so well but hamill and ford are never great? Also, I may need a second speeder bike.

starduster
12-08-2018, 09:45 AM
The product description on the deluxe on sideshow says additional weathered hilt only available with deluxe.

I totally missed that, thanks!

guyver1
12-08-2018, 09:53 AM
I imagine this will release sooner than suggested . It says Third qtr 2019 or July-Sep 2019

But don’t be surprised if we see it in the spring

davejames
12-08-2018, 10:11 AM
They do both look pretty cool here.