Star Ace 1/8th scale Supergirl and Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Star Ace is always looking to improve so they thought they'd reach out to the community for input on two upcoming figures - these are early sculpts for the 1:8th scale Supergirl and Superman from DC TV line.

Please let's have only CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Superman.jpg

Supergirl-1.jpg

I certainly appreciate Star Ace's tenacity and bravery in trying to reinvent itself and step back into the market, but 1/8 is just a non-starter for me...

The likeness looks pretty decent on both of those so far, although the hair on Supes seems a bit high.

Normally I have no interest in 1/8 figures, but I'm a big fan of Supergirl so if these turn out good I might just pick them up. And hopefully they won't go and make Supergirl way too busty like the unlicensed figures did. Lol

Looks more like Tyler Hoechlin (from MTV Teen Wolf), who played Superman in a few episodes of the CW TV series Supergirl, which makes sense since it looks like they're aiming for a Melissa Benoist likeness with Supergirl.

I was very surprised to see him as Supes, however after watching Teen Wolf, I can't see him as anything else but Derek Hale.

I think he's a fantastic Superman with a ton of charm, who would be great in his own series. They just need to give him a better costume than this weird New 52 style one.

Tyler-Hoechlin-Superman-in-Supergirl-Episode-201 [www.imagesplitter.net].jpeg

Screenshot_20181101-112143_QuickPic~01.jpg

Star Ace is always looking to improve so they thought they'd reach out to the community for input on two upcoming figures - these are early sculpts for the 1:8th scale Supergirl and Superman from DC TV line.

View attachment 431893

View attachment 431894
Sculpts looks pretty great. I think Sups needs more detail on the face though.
I think he's a fantastic Superman with a ton of charm, who would be great in his own series. They just need to give him a better costume than this weird New 52 style one.

View attachment 432020

View attachment 432021

I completely agree with you! When pictures first surfaced, I wasn’t sure but after seeing his debut i was completely won over. Really wish he’s have His own show especially with Lois and Lex making appearances this season

View attachment 431893

View attachment 431894
They're not bad, especially Supergirl. Its just the scale. If u guys could only do sixth I would buy EVERY Arrrowverse character made.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Supergirl looks alright, but why that version of superman. He was in like 2 espisodes, welling would have been much better choice imo. 10 plus years playing the character (yeah yeah he didnt wear the suit until the end) but they make this dude instead.

Does anyone know who has the 1/6 license for Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl characters ;)

Supergirl looks alright, but why that version of superman. He was in like 2 espisodes, welling would have been much better choice imo. 10 plus years playing the character (yeah yeah he didnt wear the suit until the end) but they make this dude instead.

Because this line is based off the CWverse and not an overall DC tv line. Besides by your own admission Welling never wore the suit so a figure of him would not make sense over someone like Tyler or Dean Cain.

Does anyone know who has the 1/6 license for Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl characters ;)
Been a lot of hints from various insider people on the board that Hot Toys has it and is sitting on it.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I really like them. I would gladly purchase either of them based on those sculpts.

I do think the tailoring needs to be improved a bit on these 1/8 scale Arrowverse offerings, but apart from that, I'd really like to see them go fairly deep with this line. Or at least scratch more than the surface. I'd LOVE to see The Atom, Firestorm, White Canary, Vibe and Elongated Man.

The recent Martian Manhunter looks pretty cool, and it seems like it's perhaps a step above Flash and Green Arrow, but yeah, as a HUGE fan of these shows, I definitely don't like the lack of decent Arrowverse figures. Let's hope Star Ace can correct this. I don't even mind the smaller scale at all, but I know that's a point of dissatisfaction among most collectors.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

1/8 is the problem most of us have- just an odd ball scale that doesn't fit

Back