Premium Format TBLeague & Executive Replicas: Rambo First Blood 1:4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thank you, SG.

Here's the pic:

CyMWVgb.jpg

Either his shoulders are still too broad, or his head is too small.

Either his shoulders are still too broad, or his head is too small.

I think it looks like the clothing is tailored way too bulky; may be an issue where they need to go fully sculpted or craft a significantly smaller body so that the clothing fits better.

I do like the headsculpt, though. Much better without that rooted hair.

The head's decent but needs a lot of work. From the neck down looks great. Head to body proportions look way off, almost like a 1/6 head on a 1/4 body, it's not just tailoring.

2.jpg

This looks so bad. How could they in all seriousness think that looks acceptable?

This looks so bad. How could they in all seriousness think that looks acceptable?

Agreed, this is 1/6 or 1/4? There Rambo III looked pretty good at first but I just saw the new photos and the final production head sculpt is now bad, that's to bad because they had all the proportions and clothing right.

Would happily give up my PO for PCS Rambo for one of these 1/4 versions from TB League if they got them right, but so far none of them even come close to PCS Rambo. This one and their Part 2 Rambo need work...especially this one.

Agreed, this is 1/6 or 1/4? There Rambo III looked pretty good at first but I just saw the new photos and the final production head sculpt is now bad, that's to bad because they had all the proportions and clothing right.

Statue is 1/4.
Head is 1/6.

Wonder if the release of Last Blood will get this released, hope they follow through, I need First Blood in my 1/4 Rambo collection, and Rambo 3 turned out pretty good it seems.

Wonder if the release of Last Blood will get this released, hope they follow through, I need First Blood in my 1/4 Rambo collection, and Rambo 3 turned out pretty good it seems.

I don't think the release of Rambo Last Blood will have anything to do with new Rambo collectibles being released. When Creed II came out I thought Rocky collectors would get new action figures and statues, nothing was released. Rambo and Rocky are iconic movie characters but it just seems that they don't appeal to these companies for whatever reason, it could be the older fan base, what do you think MaulFan?

I get why Rambo and Rocky don't see much merchandise, but these Rambos were being worked on well before the movie, and to me it just seems like a better time for release, and we did get their Rambo 3 released, and PCS recently did Rambo as well, albeit it huge and very pricey. Rambo definitely has better odds of merchandise than Rocky.

Rocky has had some HCG statues the past couple years and recent Re-Action figure line for Rocky IV, so it's not totally dead. I'd like to see Re-Action figures and Funko pops of Rambo and Rocky pops at some point, with everything Funko does, surprised they haven't touched those or even Terminator yet.

I'm not into the cartoonish stuff made by Funko or Re-Action, am looking for realism for the adult collector. I like to see high end figures and statues for Rocky and Rambo, Neca did some great ones but I would love see them do them on a much bigger scale like 1/4.

I think the reason why the company that made the Rambo III 1/4 hasn't made anymore is because that statue didn't sell well, BBTS had it discounted by 25% before they could sell it out.

Demand is small, most of the HCG pieces were limited to like 5-700, I think the Sideshow LSB was 250 for an edition size.

Demand is small, most of the HCG pieces were limited to like 5-700, I think the Sideshow LSB was 250 for an edition size.

Agreed, we may be huge fans willing to pay for high end Rambo or Rocky collectibles but we represent the few, so you can't expect these companies to continue to take loses.

I did enjoy Rambo Last Blood, but just like the collectibles the movie hasn't done huge numbers, it's done ok. Stallone did say he would consider making a 6th if it did well but I think that's not going to happen now. Did you like the movie and the ending? I thought a 6th film is possible. I liked the ending of the 4th film better when he ends up home at the end.

I haven't seen 5 yet, I'm going with my dad and tomorrow was the first chance we could, so I'm excited.

Problem isn't just the number of us willing to pay, within that you then have those able to. I have far less Rambo merchandise than I'd like simply because of budget concerns. I don't consider the PCS or the TB League R3 1/4 scale pieces amazing, but given the chance I'd own them, but I have Enterbay so the TB League was a bit redundant and PCS was way too "flawed" to me to take the financial hit it would render. I'm at a point where maybe 1-2 items a year at $250 or so works, beyond that, it's small stuff like Funko or NECA.

Agreed, the PCS quality for the price was a shook to me because of how off they made it, the head sculpt was spot on but the physique wasn't even close, they made Rambo look like a cartoon character. PSC from what I read also made the the collectors that paid up front have to wait close to three years to get it and a lot of them wanted refunds that they had trouble getting. Whats sad for me now is PCS claims that they are doing 1/3 Rocky statues, first off I don't want to deal with them, and that scale is why to large for me to display, I wish they were 1/4 which is perfect scale for larger statues, am ok with 1/6 but as you get older you're going to like the larger scales better because of vision issues lol.

On TBL, their Rambo III was ok, but nothing that got me excited, I need something that when I spend that kind of money it gets me excited. What's sad is their First Blood with the green jacket, iconic look, but the likeness is so bad that it's a sad joke that they would even consider displaying it at a con. For whatever reason nobody has done a First Blood statue yet, Hot Toys did a 1/6 figure a while ago, but I don't collect 1/6 figures.

Edinho Maga makes custom Rocky/Rambo statues, some very good to excellent, and some average, he's hit or miss but he's the only one doing Stallone statues. What do you think of his work?

Almost every Stallone piece Hollywood Collectibles Group releases is an Edinho Maga sculpt. He's very hit or miss though, some of his pieces I've really liked, others no so much. All of his work I would define as having the essence of the character and the overall look of Stallone, but none of them look lifelike like say Enterbay or even as refined as the portrait on PCS' statue. He recently showed off a Creed Rocky, and I think the face is really rough. I am very happy with all the Rambo 4 statues that HCG released and own them all. I want the 1/4 scale Rocky they have but it hasn't fit into the budget yet. His sculpts definitely benefit from solid paint job. My repainted 1/6 Rambo 4 is the center of my collection, just totally embodies the character for me and while the factory paint makes the sculpt look cartoony, a proper paint job really makes it come alive.

I don't mind the 1/3 scale on PCS, just wish it was closer to looking like Sly from head to toe, a great portrait wasted on a very stylized body. While the portrait may not be very realistic, Sideshow nailed Stallone's Rambo 3 physique with their PF, if PCS had the same accuracy with the body proportions, and combined that with their portrait, that would have put their statue as a centerpiece for a Rambo collection.

Back