Best live-action Batman movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best live-action Batman movie?

• Batman (1943)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman (1966)

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Batman (1989)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Batman Returns

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Batman Forever

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Batman & Robin

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
BVS and TDKR would be on the same level as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, as far as I’m concerned.

Didn't vote cause I don’t have a favourite. I enjoyed most except the ones I just mentioned.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Batman 1989
The Dark Knight Rises

Batman Forever

Batman v. Superman
Batman Returns

Batman & Robin

Have not seen '43 or '66.

Tough one. It's definitely between Batman 89, Begins and TDK

Batman '89 might take the win overall because of the mood it has - it pretty much informed my view of the Batman world. It hasn't got much of a story, it has some cringey 'romance' stuff, but I still love it.

I think TDK will probably take the lead at some point. I'm actually surprised to see Batman '89 having the lead right now.

TDK is my favorite Batman MOVIE.

But I like the Snyder-verse Batman portrayal the best...minus the killing-and-stuff. That's my perfect comic Batman come to life.

Batman 89 is the most iconic but Batman Begins is the best movie about batman.

TDK is the best Joker movie. Bats is not really the main character of that movie so rules itself out of the running for me.

Same here.

But the way I see it:

Burtonverse: Too fantasy
Nolanverse: Too reality
Snyderverse: Juuuuuuust right!

Well you weren't asking which "verse" was best now were you? ;)

Batman Begins has the best combination of realism, fantasy, and quality filmmaking out of any single Batman movie IMO.

Well you weren't asking which "verse" was best now were you? ;)

True, but the Snyderverse only has one representative that's largely a "Batman" film.

Batman Begins has the best combination of realism, fantasy, and quality filmmaking out of any single Batman movie IMO.

Good call, though as stated above Battfleck swings it for me. Maybe it's not right basing our choice of movie on the parts rather than the whole, but we all have our baggage and preconceptions.

Can you believe that B&R was followed by BB? That's when I knew that TFA had a chance to be good after the *ahem* prequels. I mean just carve out a night to watch B&R and BB back to back. Probably the most mindblowing turnaround in quality in the history of cinema.

And I know that it's fashionable to rip on BB's third act but that's what gives the film it's biggest fantasy elements that are missing in both the other Nolan flicks.

Good point, I'd forgotten that aspect of BB.

Yes B&R was horrendous but at least it was *knowing* self-parody. It gets points for its dialogue being composed of almost nothing but one-liners.

Would have liked to have seen the third in the Schumacher trilogy just to see what might have been (though not at the expense of the DK trilogy, of course).

Back