PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys "MIA" figures (Protos shown but no PO's)

jedibear
09-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Well, the convention season is long over and it's starting to look like it was one big tease regarding Hot Toys and "Star Wars"

Of all the new figures shown at this year's SDCC Sideshow booth, only Darth Maul has gone up for PO. There were others on display that had already PO'd prior to the show ( Solo "Han Solo", Solo "Mudtrooper", Solo "Patrol Trooper", ROTS Kenobi, AOTC Dooku and Yoda) but a big selection of what was seen is still missing in action on the PO front.

Here's the list from this year (with a few others from the recent past thrown in)

ANH Death Star Trooper (Deluxe with guard station)
R1 Tank Pilot Trooper
R1 Baze Malbus
ROTS Commander Cody
ROTS Airborne Trooper
AOTC Jango Fett
ESB "Bespin Gown" Princess Leia
Solo "Chewbacca"
Solo "Mimban Trooper"
Solo "Range Trooper"
ROTJ "Endor" Luke
ROTJ "Endor" Leia

Gotta wonder if the slow down with SW is stemming from the glut of sequel figures or production backlog. Who knows....I just wonder if this will be the new norm?
Big teases of figures that never see the light of day after being displayed at shows...let me know if I missed any.

fantasticfrog
09-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Endor Luke and Leia.

Darth Skywalker
09-07-2018, 07:59 PM
After Emperor, there are no OT figures figures to order. At all :(

What the heck is going on?

jedibear
09-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Endor Luke and Leia.

Ah yes! Added them- thanks!

choombaz
09-07-2018, 08:04 PM
They also showed TFA C-3PO with the red arm last year and a bells and whistles ROJ R2 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedibear
09-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Won't be surprised to see the R2 show up at some point.

CrankbaitJon
09-07-2018, 08:09 PM
ROTJ Stormtrooper

fantasticfrog
09-07-2018, 08:09 PM
It has been over a month since a Star Wars preorder and months since an ot preorder. All they have to do is release the Death Star trooper. What happened to hot toys Star Wars? Hot toys is all marvel all the time. I just got esb boba and have nobody to display him with (esb han, lando, bespin leia) for at least a year, and that’s if any of those figs were announced tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, the figs I have received recently have been great, but it is nice to have figs on the horizon. Since I only collect ht Star Wars , this drought is alarming.

Darth Skywalker
09-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Gonk droids
Sandtrooper variant

Darth Skywalker
09-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Snowtrooper variant

Mike86
09-07-2018, 08:33 PM
I think for some that were only shown this year its early to panic. Its only been a little over a month since SDCC and Hot Toys only generally does reveals once a week or sometimes two weeks.

solominic_knight
09-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Did Poe get a preorder yet?

VergenceITF
09-07-2018, 08:46 PM
AOTC C3PO, I would take any Threepio at this point but a die cast version is my most coveted.

Bo Shrek
09-07-2018, 10:20 PM
Batman Returns Penguin :wink1:

TaliBane
09-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Well, the convention season is long over and it's starting to look like it was one big tease regarding Hot Toys and "Star Wars"

Of all the new figures shown at this year's SDCC Sideshow booth, only Darth Maul has gone up for PO. There were others on display that had already PO'd prior to the show ( Solo "Han Solo", Solo "Mudtrooper", Solo "Patrol Trooper", ROTS Kenobi, AOTC Dooku and Yoda) but a big selection of what was seen is still missing in action on the PO front.

Here's the list from this year (with a few others from the recent past thrown in)

ANH Death Star Trooper (Deluxe with guard station)
R1 Tank Pilot Trooper
R1 Baze Malbus
ROTS Commander Cody
ROTS Airborne Trooper
AOTC Jango Fett
ESB "Bespin Gown" Princess Leia
Solo "Chewbacca"
Solo "Mimban Trooper"
Solo "Range Trooper"
ROTJ "Endor" Luke
ROTJ "Endor" Leia

Gotta wonder if the slow down with SW is stemming from the glut of sequel figures or production backlog. Who knows....I just wonder if this will be the new norm?
Big teases of figures that never see the light of day after being displayed at shows...let me know if I missed any.

Good idea for a thread. This has really emerged as a problem since that comment by Howard about how they use show teases to gauge whether a figure is made or not. How they assess that interest I guess is hard to know - retailer excitement and amount of chatter on places like Freaks? (but wait... HT never pays any attention to what's posted on here...:monkey3:lol)

Other than the Tank Pilot (which I forgot about,) I put together these images below to show what was clearly shown as an upcoming release but now seems to be "firmly dead" (as opposed to "still possibles," like Endor Luke, Endor Leia, the Solo list, and the stuff revealed at SDCC.)

https://i.imgur.com/zMRKw5r.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VCWyDZ2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Sbr8PMt.jpg

You should also post this at the start of the thread:

https://i.imgur.com/EKzHhYf.png

Darth Skywalker
09-07-2018, 10:36 PM
That Death Star Trooper is incredible.

The 6” Hasbro with face print tech is also really nice. It’s onlylike $12 on Amazon. Looks like a mini Hot Toys with that new face tech they’re using.

D.R.37
09-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Good idea for a thread. This has really emerged as a problem since that comment by Howard about how they use show teases to gauge whether a figure is made or not. How they assess that interest I guess is hard to know - retailer excitement and amount of chatter on places like Freaks? (but wait... HT never pays any attention to what's posted on here...:monkey3:lol)

Other than the Tank Pilot (which I forgot about,) I put together these images below to show what was clearly shown as an upcoming release but now seems to be "firmly dead" (as opposed to "still possibles," like Endor Luke, Endor Leia, the Solo list, and the stuff revealed at SDCC.)

https://i.imgur.com/zMRKw5r.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VCWyDZ2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Sbr8PMt.jpg

You should also post this at the start of the thread:

https://i.imgur.com/EKzHhYf.png

This comp and tombstone are amazing. Says it all... Right Hot Toys?! 😠
Great idea for a thread Jedibear 👍🏽

Centrocal
09-07-2018, 11:25 PM
1/4 Kylo
1/4 Stormtrooper
Force projection Luke

rayeknor
09-07-2018, 11:38 PM
^ yep Krait Luke although he was only teased on Instagram I think.

CrankbaitJon
09-08-2018, 04:44 AM
Force Projection Luke will come, they need to finish TLJ Luke first to avoid cancellations.

sithocan
09-08-2018, 04:45 AM
Like Getter Dragon's visual checklist, I compiled a visual checklist for those so-called MIA, though some were just teased a few months ago.

fantasticfrog
09-08-2018, 04:58 AM
A moment of silence for all of the potential figures we’ve lost.
Thoughts and prayers

darth toffeeman
09-08-2018, 05:07 AM
Like Getter Dragon's visual checklist, I compiled a visual checklist for those so-called MIA, though some were just teased a few months ago.

Gonk Droid and Snowtrooper Commander are missing too. I would have bought both of those.

Poe is also missing. I might have bought him last year, but after seeing TLJ I no longer have any interest in it.

CrankbaitJon
09-08-2018, 05:10 AM
HT just posted their SW display at the Singapore toy show for SWs on their FB. No Solo display......

darth toffeeman
09-08-2018, 05:22 AM
HT just posted their SW display at the Singapore toy show for SWs on their FB. No Solo display......

That Bespin Leia had better go up for order soon. I will be seriously annoyed if that ends up going the way of DST and Baze.

Makes me even more angry when i see tat like Spiderman with a guitar get released.

sithocan
09-08-2018, 05:26 AM
They didn't Show any Poe prototype, they just teased it. I only included the ones that they at least showed a prototype. For gong and Snowtrooper commander, I need a Picture of them. I have to find them.

And yes, do they really think a punk Spider-Man figüre will sell more than any SW trooper?

fantasticfrog
09-08-2018, 05:39 AM
Last Jedi leia still hasn’t shipped and we have two Leia figs now in limbo. They won’t preorder anything else until old leia ships to avoid mass cancellations. One of the ot leias doesn’t get made, for sure.
This rotten sequel trilogy really screwed up my collection, lol.

Tee-Kay
09-08-2018, 05:43 AM
At some point, they did have a ROTJ Vader (displayed along a ROTJ Stormtrooper) and also a TLJ Phasma.

sithocan
09-08-2018, 05:43 AM
I found Gonk Droid, but to avoid cluster, I won't reload the checklist until I find Snowtrooper commander.

Kalkylen
09-08-2018, 05:58 AM
As much as I want most of those figures, my wallet is thanking me for not taking a battering on pre-orders. I've only got Maul and Dooku still to pay off at the moment. Really, really want Cody and the Airborne trooper to go with Obi-Wan on release though...

fantasticfrog
09-08-2018, 06:12 AM
I still have the ss Cody and a few other clones. I’m sticking with those. They look ok in the back of a detolf. I’m just afraid it’s going to turn into a prequel line for a while with mace, Sidious, padme, and 75 clone repaints on the horizon.

I’d be fine if they didn’t announce anything new for a while and just do the already announced figs listed here (ot only). Dst, the Endor twins, bespin leia, and down the list.

darth toffeeman
09-08-2018, 06:30 AM
I still have the ss Cody and a few other clones. I’m sticking with those. They look ok in the back of a detolf. I’m just afraid it’s going to turn into a prequel line for a while with mace, Sidious, padme, and 75 clone repaints on the horizon.

I’d be fine if they didn’t announce anything new for a while and just do the already announced figs listed here (ot only). Dst, the Endor twins, bespin leia, and down the list.

Same.

Rather than show off more stuff that might not get produced just give us at least a few often requested , already teased, figures.

Say we got Baze, Tank Trooper, DST, Gonk, Sandtrooper, Poe, Leia Bespin and Cody between now and next spring I don't think there would be too many complaints.

They could tease Bespin Han, Lando, Lobot and Padme ready for May 4th too.

darth toffeeman
09-08-2018, 06:39 AM
Last Jedi leia still hasn’t shipped and we have two Leia figs now in limbo. They won’t preorder anything else until old leia ships to avoid mass cancellations. One of the ot leias doesn’t get made, for sure.
This rotten sequel trilogy really screwed up my collection, lol.

Surely if they released Bespin Leia that wouldn't effect those who ordered Old Leia.

I have absolutely 0 interest in adding TLJ version to my collection, but would day 1 pre order Bespin. Hot Toys surely cannot be seeing OT in the same light as the ST.

We haven't had a pre order since the start of the year for a classic trilogy figure. I find that very frustrating.

D.R.37
09-08-2018, 07:32 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned but the Shore Trooper variants as well.

Mike86
09-08-2018, 07:57 AM
They keep showing off a lot of the stuff they had at SDCC so I’m guessing a lot of it is coming. It’s probably just a matter of when.

LetoQuorme
09-08-2018, 08:03 AM
They didn't Show any Poe prototype, they just teased it. I only included the ones that they at least showed a prototype. For gong and Snowtrooper commander, I need a Picture of them. I have to find them.

And yes, do they really think a punk Spider-Man figüre will sell more than any SW trooper?

The full Poe prototype was shown at Tokyo Comic Con, along with TLJ Phasma.

CrankbaitJon
09-08-2018, 08:03 AM
That Bespin Leia had better go up for order soon. I will be seriously annoyed if that ends up going the way of DST and Baze.

Makes me even more angry when i see tat like Spiderman with a guitar get released.

To see Star Wars figures being beaten by a Spoderman from a video game. How far has SW fallen. I don't think we will see the Solo fogure.

sithocan
09-08-2018, 08:13 AM
The full Poe prototype was shown at Tokyo Comic Con, along with TLJ Phasma.

Yes, I found them when I was searching for others I missed, my mistake. Here's the updated one.

hypnobrett
09-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Wow, I had forgot all about that Jedi Stormtrooper!

My takeaway is that Hot Toys have shifted more towards the prequels figures for the time being, but otherwise they are just making whatever figure from whatever OT movie they feel like with no rhyme or reason. Star Wars is so deep with characters that I *assume* a lot of this OT stuff will get made at some point but maybe not for years. Also, I forget what thread it was in, but Jack Bauer did mention to not give up hope on more Rogue One figures.

Over in the Ask QMX thread, the head guy responded and it sounds like they look for feedback/reaction to most of the prototype stuff they show with not much really set in stone for production at that point. I assume it is similar with Hot Toys. What I want to know, though, is exactly how and from who these companies are getting feedback from? I keep telling myself that surely these companies have advanced analytics to look at for what figures to make and how many, but yet pretty much every figure manufacturer still routinely puts out figures that sit around not selling for months/years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tee-Kay
09-08-2018, 10:05 AM
That's +5000$ worth of collectibles listed there. I'd still find a way to budget most of it though :monkey3

sithocan
09-08-2018, 10:15 AM
BTW, I am not sure if Pilot Poe figure is TFA or TLJ?

Centrocal
09-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Also the Qui Gon Jinn figure they teased in the Darth Maul reveal pics

sithocan
09-08-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't think we should consider MIA. It's not even revealed in full.

CrankbaitJon
09-08-2018, 01:25 PM
Also the Qui Gon Jinn figure they teased in the Darth Maul reveal pics

If there is a figure that we can bet HT will release, its Qui Gon

Tee-Kay
09-08-2018, 01:51 PM
BTW, I am not sure if Pilot Poe figure is TFA or TLJ?

Could be labelled as coming from either. I don't think there is any major tweak to the outfit from TPM to TLJ.

Getter Dragon
09-08-2018, 02:01 PM
The readme in my checklist has all the figures that have been teased and not yet released if anyone is looking for a complete and accurate list.

KerotanFrog
09-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Yeah it's only a matter of time before Jango and Cody go up for PO. And I'm so glad HT has gone into PT mode. I can't wait to see what they do with Palpatine/Sidious and Mace Windu. They really excel at old people sculpts. If there's one film I make a display for, its Revenge of the Sith. Although I could easily see myself buying a Qui-Gon figure to pair with Maul.

I think HT has realized the ST is a dud and people aren't interested. If you look at BBTS, all of the ST figures on preorder aren't sold out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Creighton
09-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Where is Padme? Is she alright?.....

darthkush
09-08-2018, 08:26 PM
This is what I personally am dying to know. Didn't she almost show up at like every con this summer? She had better be the next PT character on tap!
Where is Padme? Is she alright?.....

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

ObiGlennKenobi
09-09-2018, 04:56 AM
There needs to be a petition drawn up for at least Bespin Leia AND the Endor twins.
It would be a travesty if Bespin Leia isn't released.

Kodiak3d
09-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Guess I'll have to make my own Death Star Troopers...

JokersWarPig
09-10-2018, 09:19 AM
I'd really like to see that Mimbian Stotmtrooper get released...and I had plans for the Poe figure that weren't Star Wars related :impatient:

CrankbaitJon
09-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Range Trooper and Mimban Trooper are my most wanted.

hen88
09-10-2018, 09:32 AM
Of all the previewed figures, the ones I want are Bespin Leia, Endor Leia, Endor Luke, and maybe Chewbacca (Solo).

D.R.37
09-10-2018, 10:21 AM
I’m wanting that Mimban Trooper too.

Rmsceb
09-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Sandtrooper Sergeant & Cody are my top 2. After that, Leia Bespin & Endor, Luke Endor, Gonk Droid, Mimban and Range trooper and I guess the list goes on and on...

sithocan
09-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Cody, Jango, Solo and Range Trooper for me. Oh, and TLJ Phasma but I am afraid we won't see it since TFA Phasma is still on shelves.

darth toffeeman
09-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Baze, Death Star Trooper, Gonk and Bespin Leia.

They are the 4 certain purchases.

Tank Driver, Leia Endor, Sandtrooper and Range Trooper would be considered.

jedibear
09-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Judging from the feedback showing up in here, I think that Mimban Trooper would be the quickest sell-out ever. Yes, just a dirty trooper with a cape, but...it just looks so cool. A "gotta have" for sure....c'mon, HT!

Smudger9
09-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Judging from the feedback showing up in here, I think that Mimban Trooper would be the quickest sell-out ever. Yes, just a dirty trooper with a cape, but...it just looks so cool. A "gotta have" for sure....c'mon, HT!

The odd thing about these figures is that they would all sell very well.... do they not realize that the DS trooper is one of the 12-backs, that sandtroopers are iconic and that R1 is probably the most popular Disney-era film amongst fans?

I’m hoping they have attributed some poor sales to over saturation and they are just going to space the releases out a bit more.

DarkChocobi
09-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Only care Death Star Trooper with the console and Baze.

fantasticfrog
09-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Another day without any Star Wars announcement. I was going to make an I am sure we will get 6 new marvel preorders joke but it’s not even funny anymore.

sithocan
09-11-2018, 02:43 PM
They just announced most anticipated figure in history: Punk Spider-Man

bubblesz06
09-11-2018, 08:25 PM
I’m in the minority but I want more clones

Puay
09-12-2018, 03:15 AM
I want my Gonks!:gah:

StarWarsFam
09-12-2018, 03:56 AM
Haven't we seen ROTJ Vader and Qui-gon Jinn in promo pics. Either fully or partially.

vito81
09-12-2018, 03:58 AM
I want Luke Force Projection... 2 months since the teaser... :impatient:

RebelSpy007
09-12-2018, 05:10 AM
I'm still surprised and kinda disappointed we haven't had a 3PO from Hot Toys. We've had every major character from ANH apart from golden rod.

Smudger9
09-12-2018, 05:14 AM
There has been a definite Star Wars slow-down from Asia-based companies over the last 12 months. This is unfortunately in line with BO performance outside the English-speaking nations.

I collect Figuarts, Mafex and Hot Toys and it’s all gone very quiet!

CrankbaitJon
09-12-2018, 08:22 AM
SW was never that big in Asia and the slow down for HT and SHFiguarts is quite bad.

Wor-Gar
09-12-2018, 08:34 AM
There has been a definite Star Wars slow-down from Asia-based companies over the last 12 months. This is unfortunately in line with BO performance outside the English-speaking nations.

SW was never that big in Asia and the slow down for HT and SHFiguarts is quite bad.

Yeah, time for Disney to buy another IP.

bebe13junior
09-12-2018, 08:53 AM
I just want a couple more Stormtroopers.

I think the Quarter Scale is close (teased with Darth Vader).
But I’d love either the Sandtrooper Sergeant of the ROTJ trooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacopo
09-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Re Padme, Hopefully she shows up at NYCC!

Mike86
09-14-2018, 02:22 PM

Seems like we’re still getting a good amount to me. There’s enough out there to keep collector’s busy without completely breaking the bank in my opinion. I mean from what I remember recently we’ve had Darth Maul (regular and deluxe), McGregor Obi-Wan (regular and deluxe), Dooku, Yoda (prequel), Emmerich Solo (regular, deluxe, and Mudtrooper), Patrol Trooper. On top of those there seems to be a previously announced figure releasing from Star Wars every couple months or so.