Sideshow Star Wars Endor Rebel Troops review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
When Sideshow announced their first foray into the Military line of their Star Wars adventure was going to be Endor Rebel Troops, many collectors said "huh?". Where's the Stormtroopers? Where's the Clonetroopers? Endor Rebels?!?!? And not just one to buy, but three different versions at $60 each!

Well, I'm hear to tell you that while I had some serious apprehensions about that decision, the final product came out far better than I had expected, and now I'm very happy I picked them up. I have a review of all three up tonight, and it's a long one - you can check it out at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

"The Sergeant looks quite a bit like Brant of course, right down to the freaky hair line. Again, he's been given a stern expression, sort of like someone just asked him why the production figures don't look as good as the prototypes. Thankfully they didn't go with some sort of screaming, constipated, over the top expression. However, if you'd like to see Brant like that, go up to him at the next convention and complain about the plastic Fett."

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Nice review Mike!! I think when you read my reviews you'll see we agree on a lot of stuff this time. Your little start of this thread is almost exactly how I started my Infantry review.

Michael Crawford said:
Well, I'm hear to tell you that while I had some serious apprehensions about that decision, the final product came out far better than I had expected, and now I'm very happy I picked them up.

I think a lot of collectors are feeling this way. I thought I only wanted the Infantry trooper first. Then I ordered Nik Sant and thought about canceling but kept it based on the Toy Fair pics. I got on the wait list for Brant a week ago after seeing everyone else's pictures and just got a shipping notice. I received Nik Sant today and am really glad I ordered him. It looks like Sideshow did a good job on these.

Darth Rage said:
"The Sergeant looks quite a bit like Brant of course, right down to the freaky hair line. Again, he's been given a stern expression, sort of like someone just asked him why the production figures don't look as good as the prototypes. Thankfully they didn't go with some sort of screaming, constipated, over the top expression. However, if you'd like to see Brant like that, go up to him at the next convention and complain about the plastic Fett."

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That was brilliantly funny! :rotfl

Darth Rage said:

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

I just spit Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard... Thanks.

Great review, I'm glad to see you are so happy with these "controversial" figures. I only have the basic infantry soldier on order, but the all look excellent :rock

Great review as always. Very fair, although I would have mentioned you get a little more value if you ordered the bundle and got the gift card (I suppose Rewards Points can also affect it too huh?). So far your photos are the closest thing to representing how they look in person.

Like I've said before, I'm a Brant so Brant's figure is particularly special to me. Maybe I can get Brant to sign the Sarge's box at SDCC.

OK, I caved... I Waitlisted Brant. Not 100% sure I'm going to bit, but figured it did not hurt to have options.

I'm really plased with Nik (the only one I received so far), and I look forward to picking up several of the basic Infantry down the line for some kitbashes. Hopefully they'll drop a little in price in a bit.

To those that ordered the Troops both singularly and in the bundle.. are there any stickers on the figures with regards to being SS only or anything like that?

Another great review!

I may wait it out for a good deal. I've thought of beheading the Brantrooper and make my own head, or commission it.

I owe several keyboards to people. :eek:

Whew! And if you need a Brant, you can get him for a mere 149.99 from your good friends at Brian's Toys! Wow.

Back