Anyone want to have lunch with Harrison Ford?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultimate Weapon

Super Freak
Reaction score
One of my mother's friends did some interior design for Ford and he said the guy is a total prick.. or maybe is just a touch homophobic... :monkey1

I'd love to just to get to punch him in the face for sleepwalking through ROTJ and everything he's done from the 90's onward.

im sure he'd walk away the second you mentioned star wars. i heard he's a real a##hole when it comes to answering questions or signing star wars related stuff.

This is what I hate about Hollywood. Over the years, you can see him getting more and more arrogant. I have like him ever since Star Wars and ROTLA. I have read how he trird at first to remain to his roots with his carpentry and other things then the 90's hit and he started reading his own press. He then starts with the ear ring and dating the Ally Mcbeal chick and hits the mid life crisis. Such a waste.

hairlesswookiee said:
im sure he'd walk away the second you mentioned star wars. i heard he's a real a##hole when it comes to answering questions or signing star wars related stuff.

Yeah, I have a feeling that this lunch date would be 2 hrs. of talking about the environment and that Star Wars and Indiana Jones would probably be "off limits". I'd rather have lunch with Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher as they would probably be a lot more jovial and willing to talk about their SW experiences.

abake said:
I'd love to just to get to punch him in the face for sleepwalking through ROTJ and everything he's done from the 90's onward.

:rotfl

As much as I love ROTJ, you're damn right. Han was out of gas by Endor.

On the topic, uhh, no thanks!

Brent72 said:
Yeah, I have a feeling that this lunch date would be 2 hrs. of talking about the environment and that Star Wars and Indiana Jones would probably be "off limits". I'd rather have lunch with Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher as they would probably be a lot more jovial and willing to talk about their SW experiences.

You know I don't get it......Star Wars MADE him a star. Why would Star Wars be "off limits"? Without it he probably never gets ROTLA or anything else for that matter. Some of these Hollywood people are too strange for me, it would be like Al Pacino saying that talking about the "Godfather" is taboo to him. Didn't Ford badmouth Star Wars publicly not too long ago?

I WISH I had some movie or event like Star Wars that put me on the map or set me and me up for life! I'd be sending Lucas Thank You fruit baskets everyday!:lol

If I was bidding on this and won it for let's say $10,000 bucks or more, I'd have news for Mr. Ford:D . "I'm paying $10 grand for dinner and you're talking about EVERYTHING buddy!"

You know Brent, you are right, I'd rather have dinner with Hamill, Fisher, or David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, etc. I bet they would make great dinner conversations.

I'm a fan of his flicks but boy is he one boring interviewee. In every late-night show that I've seen that he's been a guest, he's managed to put the audience to sleep with his monotone, "tell me why I'm here again?" -type of responses...

I'd rather take the Millennium Falcon, please.

Nah, you could force him into it.

"So you don't want to talk about Star Wars? Okay, let's talk about Calista. She seems like the kind girl who likes..."

"She looks like she'd been around the block, and has plenty of experience with ..."

"With that kind of (mention body part here), I'd bet she'd be really good at..."

"You know when you guys (mention act here), how do you manage to get her (mention body part here)..."

I'll tell ya', he'd be talking EU with you in no time. :D

I don't know if you caught the Star Wars special they did on Home Shopping Network a few weeks ago, but the main thing they featured was the Master Replicas Millennium Falcon Signature Edition that Ford signed. Included along with the signature is a picture of him at the signing and he looks beyond pissed off in the photo. It got me to thinking "what the hell is this guy's problem". I know getting called Han Solo or Indiana Jones all the time might get old after a while, but all I'd have to do is take a look at the bank account I have BECAUSE OF THOSE ROLES and it would quickly remind me that things aren't really that bad. I wish the guy would lighten up and embrace the role that made him what he is today, but unfortunately I don't think that's ever going to happen.

It's probably the fans that bump into him and ask questions about the Kessel run, was he afraid of Greedo, what was it like to be encased in Carbonite , etc. , that drove him to being nasty about the subject!

Well, the Master Replicas people (Bryan Ono) talked about him from the MR signing and he was far from pissed.

He loved the Falcon they said as well as the ANH EE Blaster. I believe Bryan even said that Ford asked if he could have one (of each) and I am sure they obliged.

He said that Ford spoke about the quality of the MR pieces and priased them for it!

When I met him in New York he was nothing but courteous and polite. Quiet, but polite and he had no problem talking about Indiana Jones at all!

Seriously guys,
Ford is about the art - not the fame. He tries to keep out of the public eye and still roles in 25M per movie - name another celebrity who's pulled that off!
I give the man huge respect. If I had the cash, I drop it on a date with him in a second.

Back