Maul May be at SDCC I hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jlcmsu

This year at the San Diego Comic-con International Gentle Giant has something for everyone. Come stop by our booth - 3513 - to see what's coming up for the rest of 2005 and early 2006. From Star Wars, Harry Potter and Simpsons to Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Death Jr. But beware, there just might be a Dark Lord of the Sith lurking around the corner...

They probably mean Vader but I really hope they are talking about Maul.

I am pretty sure we will see the GG Maul at SDCC.

I really hope it looks good but my expectations are low...

Gentle Giant is showing off their new Darth Maul statue, which we caught a glimpse of during Toy Fair 2005 in New York City. The 7" scale sculptures continue with a new Luke Skywalker on Tauntaun, which is in the same line with the Biker Scout on Speederbike and Sandtrooper on Dewback statues.

New Bust-Ups from Gentle Giant include a Hoth themed wave:

Wampa

Snowtrooper

Han Solo Hoth (BROWN COAT)

AT-AT Driver

Luke Skywalker Hoth

Two different Darth Vaders – one with a red flame base, one with a blue flame base

Code 3 Collectibles is sporting their new TIE Fighter Die Cast Vehicle, and they are taking pre-orders for their upcoming Revenge (yes, that's Revenge) of the Jedi 3D Poster - a steal at only $24.95.

Stay with us at GalacticHunter.com for more throughout ComicCon 2005.

I guess if your more into the 1/4th scale stuff like you are then these are a let down. For me they kick ass and so far I've been a little more impressed with the GG stuff than the SS SW items.

Re: re

Thank God the Luke on TaunTaun will finally be shown. I've been waiting for this piece FOREVER.

I am pretty sure we will see the GG Maul at SDCC. I really hope it looks good but my expectations are low...

My expectations are low, too. I'm not impressed with the GG statues so far, but the Dewback is pretty good. The base and trooper are incredible, but the Dewback itself looks like a toy on some parts. I'll take pictures of mine sometime to show what I'm talking about. The Biker Scout does look very good, though (I just wish it had an Endor base).

I wish GG would stick to mostly dioramas and Clone War maquettes. I think those 2 lines are very nice. The Bust-Ups however.:puke

Code 3 Collectibles is sporting their new TIE Fighter Die Cast Vehicle, and they are taking pre-orders for their upcoming Revenge (yes, that's Revenge) of the Jedi 3D Poster - a steal at only $24.95.

Vader's TIE should be the best Code 3 release so far. I may get one. That Revenge of the Jedi poster will no doubt be small, and will perfectly match the CIII ESB poster for those that have it. I imagine an Ep. IV prerelease mini-poster will be next.

I agree with Elwood once again.

I sold my Dewback statue, as it was lacking IMO. I have not been impressed with 1 GG statue yet.

The Clone Wars maquettes are great and some of their busts are awesome but their statues lack the quality I personally look for.

I do want to see Maul though! If he looks good, I will buy him for sure.

Vader's TIE is my favorite ship so I plan on ordering it...assuming the quality is there.

re

El/ Gruson: I totally agree with your views. The maquettes are by far, IMO, the best items GG have produced thus far.

I won't be buying the Maul statue. The Koto version will be my first choice.

Gaz, your the one that convinced me to get into the CW maquettes and I LOVE them so far. They have awesome paint jobs and are pretty cheap. I started getting them about a month ago, and have since acquired Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the ARC Trooper all for retail price or less. Pretty good for starting so late.

I've also got the 3 new ones on preorder. I need to get Asajj also, but I'll most likely never pay the prices that Padme commands now.

Luke on Tauntaun is more a priority for me than Maul, but we'll see.... eager for pics. :google

re

Gaz, your the one that convinced me to get into the CW maquettes and I LOVE them so far. They have awesome paint jobs and are pretty cheap. I started getting them about a month ago, and have since acquired Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the ARC Trooper all for retail price or less. Pretty good for starting so late.

I've also got the 3 new ones on preorder. I need to get Asajj also, but I'll most likely never pay the prices that Padme commands now.

Glad my efforts at convincing you paid off. It was a pleasure!! :) El, you're a smart guy who made a smart decision to embrace the line of maquettes, and you've done really well to get where you are today. Padmé, I'm sure, will be yours in the not too distant future.

If you can afford the MR AT-AT...I have no doubt biting the bullet on a $500+ maquette to complete your collection may not be as hard or daunting a task as you think.

I once felt as you do...you don't know the power of the collecting side...:D :p :mwaha

I still think it is nuts that little Padme sells for $500 now.

Yes, it's nice and the line is popular but you can get a lot cooler items for $500!

IMO, she is not worth it. Good luck finding one..I know you want to complete the line. :)

you can get a lot cooler items for $500!

Definitely, which is why I don't see myself ever buying one. I think the price will eventually come down some anyway. Trust me, I'm not in the market for a Padme maquette, nor will I be for some time to come, if ever. I'm still shocked at people paying $600+ for her. I mean, that's half an AT-AT SE! (For Americans anyway, I looked at ET's Dad's thread from earlier).

Interesting views. I guess I feel the same about the SS SW items so far as you all do about the GG statues. Really, the only SS one to impress me a lot right now is Grievous.

Looking forward to seeing the Luke on TaunTaun, I've yet to get any GG pieces.:p

The GG Maul statue will be awesome, and I can't wat to see it. Luke on tauntaun, however, is what I've been dying to see since they first reported they were making one. No doubt both will be top notch and a great addition to any collection.

Vader's TIE Advanced from Code 3 will rock also. Here's hoping their AT-AT is shown as well.

Attachments

• Archer expression heads.jpg
    Archer expression heads.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 20

Yeah, I hope they show the code 3 AT-AT. Is the paint job really that bad on the Dewback statue, does it look like a toy.? I was thinking of getting one, along with the Luke on tauntaun, if that is good.

Attachments

• collection1.jpg
    collection1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 32

is the maul gonna be along the lines as the darth vader and chewie?? hopefully the luke on tauntaun is a cool as its hyping up to be.

Back