Mowgli

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because the desktop site hasn't been working correctly since the outages.

Videos should show up fine for you on mobile.

Because the desktop site hasn't been working correctly since the outages.

Videos should show up fine for you on mobile.

DS definitely needs to fix this site. It keeps crashing and now I get these annoying ads popping up here and there

Looks epic. Wasn't this supposed to originally come out in 2016 and compete directly with the Favreau flick but ran into production delays? Too bad because this looks like it could really blow away the previous version but at this point I doubt many people will care.

I want them to release de-CGI’d versions of the new PotA trilogy where Caesar is just Andy Serkis in motion capture spandex interacting with James Franco.

Last edited:
Glad it's finally got a release date and a cool trailer. I like it.
The tone is perfect, the boy look nice and animals actually look like fantasy creatures.
Plus Mowgli interacting with humans in the village, the part I always liked the most.
The only thing I don't like is that Kaa is female again. It's stupid.

Ugh, the humanoid animal faces are soooo creepy. :horror
Does pedobear Murray's face from Disney's 2016 shlock counts?

_ff04e8f4-05fe-11e6-b721-c78c25b321e6.jpg

This thread hasn't had any movement in months, but I figured I'd chime in that we watched it last night on Netflix.
Overall I thought it was very well done and different enough from the Jungle Book movie done a couple of years ago.

My only real criticism was a certain unbelievably tragic ending to one of the characters. What an emotional gut punch that didn't at ALL seem
necessary for the storyline.

Boy that's REALLY bothering you eh? It was unnecessary though, like they purposely added that character and made him extra cute simply for the impact the horror his death would have.

This thread hasn't had any movement in months, but I figured I'd chime in that we watched it last night on Netflix.
Overall I thought it was very well done and different enough from the Jungle Book movie done a couple of years ago.

My only real criticism was a certain unbelievably tragic ending to one of the characters. What an emotional gut punch that didn't at ALL seem
necessary for the storyline.

Are you speaking about the albino wolf? I actually thought the opposite. It was essential to the story line. It was THE reason mowgli decided to leave the humans and save the jungle. Before that he wanted nothing to do with the jungle anymore.

It was a really good movie. The mowgli actor was WAYYYY better than Disney’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mowgli actor kicked ass. Preferred this version over Disney's! Never liked who Disney cast for their Mowgli. Bad actor that reminded me of Anakin from Phantom Menace

I really liked the darker tone of this Jungle book, I was surprised just how dark it went at times.

Even though the animals were not as photo realistic as Disney's version I thought the decision from Serkis to go with mo-cap gave the characters a lot more personality and the voice cast suited their characters so much better imo.

Are you speaking about the albino wolf? I actually thought the opposite. It was essential to the story line. It was THE reason mowgli decided to leave the humans and save the jungle. Before that he wanted nothing to do with the jungle anymore.

It was a really good movie. The mowgli actor was WAYYYY better than Disney’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that's the part. Believe me, I get the importance of the moment, but I just think they could have illustrated the moment of 'You're living with a bad guy, kid' with any generic animal, or shown a whole trophy room of his (unrecognizable) kills. It still would have been impactful, but they went out of their way to make that poor albino just this eager to please, goofy cast off of a kid, trying his hardest to relate to Mowgli. They anthropomorphized the characters so much that it bothered me on a different level, much the same way it bothers me to see a human child made to suffer. It didn't help that the last time we see the poor kid alive, he's treated like sheeeeeeeeeet.

It WAS a good movie!

Back