Here comes The Bride

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboDad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mine arrived today (#35 / 750). Here are a few photos to whet everyones' appetites. I will try to post a few more later. Obviously, her gown is going to need some wrinkle removal, but otherwise, she is amazing.

bride5.jpg

RoboDad...I know this is going to sound odd, but here goes. Is there something "rolling" around loose inside the base? The Mummy had some loose material rolling around inside his coffin. Just wondering if BOF has this. SSC says its normal, that its just "waste" from the way they were produced. But it seems odd that a high end/high dollar collectible would have something like this in it. Thanks.

That really looks great!!! Thanks for the pics!! It looks much better than I thought it would...I'm almost tempted to get one for myself. :D

Jen said:
That really looks great!!! Thanks for the pics!! It looks much better than I thought it would...I'm almost tempted to get one for myself. :D
You do not want to go down the Universal Monsters path. You will never eat again.:lol :lol :lol

Bannister said:
You do not want to go down the Universal Monsters path. You will never eat again.:lol :lol :lol

I know, I know....but I haven't bought anything new in over a week....and I'm starting to get a bit twitchy! :lol

Anton Phibes said:
RoboDad...I know this is going to sound odd, but here goes. Is there something "rolling" around loose inside the base? The Mummy had some loose material rolling around inside his coffin. Just wondering if BOF has this. SSC says its normal, that its just "waste" from the way they were produced. But it seems odd that a high end/high dollar collectible would have something like this in it. Thanks.
No, I can't hear anything loose inside the base. But, I don't have that problem with either of my Mummies either, (or any of my other PFs, for that matter) so who knows?

To be honest though, even if there were something like that, I would be very concerned. You wouldn't be able to hear it when the piece is on display, and I don't think it really indicates any problem with the piece. Whenever something is cast hollow like that, there is a chance that a small piece might break loose inside.

RoboDad said:
No, I can't hear anything loose inside the base. But, I don't have that problem with either of my Mummies either, (or any of my other PFs, for that matter) so who knows?

To be honest though, even if there were something like that, I would be very concerned. You wouldn't be able to hear it when the piece is on display, and I don't think it really indicates any problem with the piece. Whenever something is cast hollow like that, there is a chance that a small piece might break loose inside.

Thanks for getting back to me. It seems that the Mummy was the most production/quality problem riddled piece of the Universal Monsters PF series. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't starting a new trend. But the Mummy is probably one of my favorites just for the amount of intricate work involved. If I had to pick just one Uni to keep it would have to be the Wolfman though. Thanks again. Now where is that Creature PF announcement???:rotfl

Anton Phibes said:

YES! I got mine on Saturday and pulled the base out and heard what sounded like a marble or ball-bearing rolling around in there! If not for the fact she's going to be displayed and untouched, I'd consider sending her back to replace the base but don't want to go through the hassle. Kinda bugs me that her base can double as a tambourine.

vespagirl said:
If not for the fact she's going to be displayed and untouched, I'd consider sending her back to replace the base but don't want to go through the hassle. Kinda bugs me that her base can double as a tambourine.
I don't want to sound like I'm questioning anyone else's opinions or decisions, but I am genuinely curious about this. Why does it matter if there is a bit of extra polystone floating inside a hollow piece? It doesn't affect the piece in any way, doesn't decrease it's appearance or value, and can only be heard if you pick up the piece and shake it (which is, in and of itself, probably not the best thing to do). Why would you return it for something so trivial?

RoboDad said:
I don't want to sound like I'm questioning anyone else's opinions or decisions, but I am genuinely curious about this. Why does it matter if there is a bit of extra polystone floating inside a hollow piece? It doesn't affect the piece in any way, doesn't decrease it's appearance or value, and can only be heard if you pick up the piece and shake it (which is, in and of itself, probably not the best thing to do). Why would you return it for something so trivial?

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, truly. But it caught me off guard to hear something rolling around in the base. This is my first PF piece intended solely for me and was a gift. I'd feel the same way if I was handling an electronic like a laptop or camera and heard something knocking around in there at the slightest movement. It sounded "not quite right." But once she's on display in a new Detolf, it will be moot. It was moot until I saw someone else asking the same question.

yeah I have the same stuff in my Mummy Sarc.
I may be wrong but I blieve the rattling pieces are not from the polystone made pieces. I think I read somewhere the Mummy Sarc is fiberglass? Im not sure.

any pics of the Bride with Frank by chance Robo?

Back