Why aren't the Cold Cathode lightsabers more popular & available???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwh1990

Super Freak
Reaction score
Why aren't the Cold Cathode lightsabers more popular & readily available??? They look so absolutely fantastic, but nobody is taking advantage of the veritable goldmine that is the cold cathode lightsaber. If somebody learned how to do it really good they could make quite a profit making them for people. Feels like a wasted opportunity for the 1/6 Star Wars collecting community.

You made a thread too?

OK, here's my response from your other post:

Do you have an idea how many people were making them just a few years ago?

Problem for many is the wire that shows along the saber. Also the funky tip. Also hiding the wires in the costume and running it out the back of the figure to plug into a source. The wires and bulky box generally are not display shelf friendly.

A guy named Pixelpiper use to make them, not sure if he still does.

There's likely a whole new market coming as the PTers head to this site once HT unleashes the PT flood gates.

It's going to be like 2008 all over again.

Why aren't the Cold Cathode lightsabers more popular & available???

I found it quite useful to have the old Hasbro Carbonite Han, which is hollow at the back, to hide the wires behind. Now just waiting for delivery of the sabers for the granddaddy of all lightsaber holders from one6sabers [emoji6]

81ece9dd0169a72b8bc0ffa64dff0e2a.jpg

Besides whats already been mentioned, they are also quite fragile. One of mine was broken right out of the package.

If somebody learned how to do it really good they could make quite a profit making them for people.

I think you are dramatically underestimating the time, skills, and money necessary to manufacture these things while simultaneously dramatically overestimating the collector demand...

Seems like I’m seeing this more and more on the internet recently. “I really really really really want this thing so bad it hurts and therefore I assume everyone else on the planet must really really really really want it too and therefore I can’t possibly fathom why it’s not being produced right now for me to buy!!!!”

I don’t get it.:dunno

They are also not cheap in the least, and ridiculously fragile. I have one I needed to send back twice since I originally received it due to it not functioning properly, and still don't have a working one after a LOT of time and money put into it. I'm honestly at the point where I don't know/care if I ever get it back.

also worth mentioning if you don't have a spare hilt to send in, you usually need to supply your own, and will end up paying a decent amount for that part on eBay.

Make one yourself. They're not hard to make. Hiding the wires isn't a big deal as long as you're willing to put in the effort to do it right. I've built my own, and hid the wires in a way that it doesn't bother me or my OCD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Make one yourself. They're not hard to make. Hiding the wires isn't a big deal as long as you're willing to put in the effort to do it right. I've built my own, and hid the wires in a way that it doesn't bother me or my OCD.

Well I'd make it if I knew how, there are literally NO tutorials on the web. I checked. For three hours.

Well I'd make it if I knew how, there are literally NO tutorials on the web. I checked. For three hours.
There was a thread here on SSF that I actually used to get me started. If you're interested in building your own, PM me and I'm sure I can help you. I'm telling you it ain't hard. Once you do 1 or 2 it's easy peasy. I don't make these for commissions or anything - only for my own personal collection and I've done them for a couple friends.

I’d like a link to that tutorial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had four for GG and they looked pretty awesome. But then his price skywalkered and I sold off the lot.

The combination of those wires and that fragile GG was a nightmare to pose.

I still have 1 red cathode for Vader but yeah the novelty wears off.

Pixel is probably your best bet he packs them pretty meticulously. He’s on FB as others have mentioned.

I had four for GG and they looked pretty awesome. But then his price skywalkered and I sold off the lot.

The combination of those wires and that fragile GG was a nightmare to pose.

I still have 1 red cathode for Vader but yeah the novelty wears off.

Pixel is probably your best bet he packs them pretty meticulously. He’s on FB as others have mentioned.

Yeah, but people who sent him their hilts were saying they had to wait a year to have them returned! That's why I made this thread, I know about that dude but he's too busy to bust 'em out for people. I'm not waiting a year for something that should take less than a week.

Mine only took a few weeks but it might be different now.

There’s no fortune to be made making these by hand so you’re going to be at the mercy of some customiser unless you make them yourself.

Yeah, but people who sent him their hilts were saying they had to wait a year to have them returned! That's why I made this thread, I know about that dude but he's too busy to bust 'em out for people. I'm not waiting a year for something that should take less than a week.

I think your best bet is to just learn how to make one yourself, since you seem to want it right now and don't want to be at the mercy of a customizer's time.

I don't know HOW to build my own. I spent a couple hours last week looking for a step by step tutorial but a tutorial doesn't exist. If you could make a tutorial with pictures that would be awesome. I'd LOVE to just make my own. I just need help learning how.

Back