Do we really need a military forum any more?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's a question.

I barely check here any more. Why not integrate this forum into the general?

Hey I like checking in on this forum. Keep er' around. :)

But if it's more work and the traffic just isn't there...I suppose I could see why you would want to do that.

I think the general forum covers too many different topics as it is, and I'd hate to see any more get folded in there. I say leave it as is.

There are certinly more military figures in production than there are, say, Whedonverse figures... kust not from Sideshow.

I'm afraid since there a fewer responses on topics in this forum every thread would get lost if you moved it into another forum but to be honest it's a slow forum. :(

if you reorganized this website, having specific companies like you asked about in another forum, it might be rolled into one of those since the general discussion forum wouldn't entail so many topics.

My only concern is that I see a few board members only post here and if folded into the general forum, the threads would get lost quickly, as has been mentioned.

lcummins said:
My only concern is that I see a few board members only post here and if folded into the general forum, the threads would get lost quickly, as has been mentioned.

Isn't that the point? I say merge.

It seems like SideShow has bled out the military and historical lines slowly in favor of the more profitable LOTR, Star Wars and such. Why would we not expect the SideShow Freaks Board do it also? The lines I like appear to have become the "red headed step child" of SideShow.
Oh well, who cares any more.

:banghead Brent:banghead

If it doesn't hurt I'd keep it here... there are figures every so often that a number of people are interested in, like the DiD Samurai. So its nice just to check here.

I'd hate to see it go, since military is pretty much all I buy nowadays. It's low traffic indeed, but it's not dead at all. But like some guys said, our threads would just get lost in the general forum.
With all the high quality stuff put out nowadays I don't see how there shouldn't be room for a section about them.

Keep the military forum! it just wouldn't feel right posting about military figures in the General forum. Sideshow may not be making any military figures that haven't appeared in a film, but 1:6 military is part of 1:6 action figure heritage as a whole.

Without this, military/historical section of the board, I would not visit the site at all.
I could not be bothered to wade through all the other stuff about Star Wars, LOTR or zombies etc. sorry, just not my thing.

Old Bill

How many new threads per month are we seeing in this area?
Also you might get more comments on those threads if they were in the general area of the board.

I think I remember some sections being closed down for being dead, but they really were dead. This one just isn't seeing much action. I'd hate to see it go and I don't think I'll bother to go through all the other threads in the general section.

Back