DC movie ‘Blackhawks’ to be produced, possibly directed by Steven Spielberg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
A6577B30-3530-4DB7-99A7-C1B1B165E3CA.jpg

Hot of the success of Ready Player One, the Oscar-winning hitmaker is reuniting with Warner Bros. to produce and very possibly direct the action-adventure film Blackhawk.

Based on the 1941 comic of the same name, Blackhawk centers on a team of World War II fighter pilots who are led by a mysterious man known as Blackhawk and face down fantastical threats. The screenplay is being written by Spielberg’s frequent collaborator David Koepp (Jurassic Park, War f the Worlds).

Spielberg previously made a comic book adaption of a very different sort with 2011’s The Adventures of Tintin. Blackhawk combines a rather new element for Spielberg (a DC-inspired title) with one of his most frequent topics (World War II, which has been the subject or backdrop of five of his previously directed films).

“It was wonderful working with the team at Warner Bros. to bring Ready Player One to the screen,” Spielberg said in a statement. “They bring a blend of passion and professionalism to everything they do and have a tremendous history in this genre. I am excited to reunite with them on Blackhawk.”

Added Toby Emmerich, chairman of Warner Bros. Pictures Group: “We are so proud to be the studio behind Steven Spielberg’s latest hit, and are thrilled to be working with him again on this new action adventure. We can’t wait to see what new ground he will break in introducing Blackhawk to movie audiences worldwide.”

Warner Bros. notes that the project will mark the filmmaker’s first feature centered around characters from DC Comics. Spielberg will produce the film with Kristie Macosko Krieger and Sue Kroll. Warner Bros. adds that Spielberg is signed on “with an eye toward” directing.

Who would have thought DC would be the one to get a legendary director (should he actually direct).

There was also a bit that it may be a Wonder Woman spin-off as it’s set in that time period. Don’t know how much truth there was to that.

This will be interesting. I am pleased the the directors DC are hiring looks like they are heading in the right direction for the general and comic movie going audience.

It could be a great film--but all of the DCEU films could have been great and weren't. Maybe with a name like Spielberg behind the film the studio will back off and let him work, but I don't have any faith that they won't **** it up somehow.

WB has been making announcements for new films for a few years now, but we haven't seen anything other than a few Shazam pics. Honestly, if Aquaman doesn't do well then the only future DC films we'll see will all be Wonder Woman films (which wasn't even that great--it was just better than BvS and SS).

Then on the show they're going to use to launch their streaming service, we get this

titans-cast.jpg

WB can't get out of their own way.

If they made the films more like those cartoons, I wouldn't have any complaints. I can watch those episodes over and over, but I can't sit through the DCEU films again after watching them once.

I was a huge fan of the late 80s Blackhawk by Howard Chaykin, but like many 80s versions of heroes, it's been forgotten. They never made an action figure of this outfit and that bums me out.

img001.jpg

And who would they cast as these rugged, manly-men? Look at the casting pool they have to draw from.

At best, you end up with The Rock, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pine and Chris Pratt.

Man, there's lots of Chris', huh?

And who would they cast as these rugged, manly-men? Look at the casting pool they have to draw from.

At best, you end up with The Rock, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pine and Chris Pratt.

Man, there's lots of Chris', huh?

Chris Bale, Chris Walken, Criss Cross, and Kris Kringle lol

"Warner Bros. bring a blend of passion and professionalism to everything they do."

Just make the movie and shut the **** up, Steven! :lol

This will be interesting. I am pleased the the directors DC are hiring looks like they are heading in the right direction for the general and comic movie going audience.

I agree- they are getting some diverse talent and going "out of the box" with their various projects- hopefully they won't interfere with the product

Back