1/6 Chance of Updated Avengers Figures? Thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZE_501

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
As discussed elsewhere on the forum, Hot Toys' quality has jumped in the last few years, making some of the original Avengers releases look dated in comparison to contemporary paint apps, sculpts and proportions.

Hot Toys has a full plate of current releases on deck. Does anyone think there's a chance of getting updated versions of those earlier figures? Not sure if there's even a precedent for it, barring diecast Iron Man armours.

High. A4 deals with time travel to a degree and characters have been seen in their A1 costumes so expect 2.0's around this time next year.

Either this year for IW/MCU 10th anniversary, on the 10th anniversary of The Avengers, or around the time Mk VII diecast is announced would be my guesses.

Along with the Mk VII diecast, I’d expect Captain America 2.0, Thor 2.0, and Loki 2.0. Would be nice to get Black Widow 2.0 and Hawkeye 2.0 but that seems less likely.

If so I would think it would be a while, they've got to pump out everything for the current movie.

If they do offer 2.0 updates, I know one collector who's probably going to be really pissed about the money he'll have to spend to update his diorama.
(*cough* Looking at you, Craig Walker. *cough*)

Didn't they basically just do this exact thing for the IM Mark IV? That should be a sign that they are updating their catalog.

I think to stay relevant you have to update your catalog to an extent. I mean isn't that rule ALWAYS applied to anything where the value is based on the quality?

Didn't they basically just do this exact thing for the IM Mark IV? That should be a sign that they are updating their catalog.

I think to stay relevant you have to update your catalog to an extent. I mean isn't that rule ALWAYS applied to anything where the value is based on the quality?

Mk III, Mk VI, Mk IV, Mk V, Mk II, War Machine Mk 1, Vader, Dark Knight Trilogy Batman and Joker, etc. We’re heading into the third iteration for some figures already, eg. when they inevitably announce a new (diecast probably) IM Mk I, it’ll be the third version.

They may do toyfair style versions of the memory program costumes from IW. Anything’s possible, but not super likely given how many they will have for IW new and then turn around for avengers 4 before all the IW figures are even out.

Iron man is a bit different then the rest, to be fair. They updated the mk3 three times already. Not once with any other marvel character.

And some of those figures versions are also from different movies (even if there is no to little change between movies)... MkVI and WM2.0 off the top of my head. Any more?

Back