UPS Lost My Hot Toys Hulkbuster!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrakalackis

Super Freak
Reaction score
-If this is in the wrong place, I apologize-

I need to vent/cry to someone and though some of you may have some insight on the matter.

So the Hot Toys Hulkbuster I had here for sale ended up selling on ebay earlier in the week where I had it listed also. And long story short, tracking stopped updating yesterday and today it shows "We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation".

I did fully insure it, but so far it has felt like a complete run around after being on the phone with UPS support off and on all day. I understand that the investigation process is just beginning and that it will take time to straighten out, but man this really puts me in a bind. It's like I laid $1000 dollars on the ground today and the wind just blew it away. :(

The only consolation is that I have spoken to the buyer and he's a really nice guy who is willing to give it a couple of days to see what happens. But I am going to have to refund him and make it right before I even know if it's going to still show up or not.

I'm scared that it gets delivered much later during the claim process and then I'm out the item and the money I've already refunded. Then I would be relying on him to be honest enough to either send it back to me or refund me the refund??? What a mess.

Have any of guys had to file claims with UPS as the seller, and if so was it resolved in a timely manner and were you fully reimbursed?

No, you don't refund him until UPS refunds you.

You are not at fault in this situation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, send the guy the UPS info so he knows you're being legit, but don't reimburse him until UPS sorts this out. Likely tomorrow they will "find" it.

Sorry to hear that. Having something that expensive getting lost is devastating. But like everyone else says, don't rush. Breathe.. UPS needs to reimburse you first, then you reimburse the seller. Good thing it was insured. They'll give you the runaround, but don't give up.

The only thing to be aware of is that if the customer opens a case, and it is not resolved within 30 days (or whatever the time period for cases are), then you'll have to refund them no matter what.

However, as others said, don't refund them before that unless UPS can't find it and reimburses you.

Thanks guys for the support.

I will reach out to him tonight with the case details I have from UPS so far. It states on UPS's site that the claim is/can be escalated after 24 hrs past estimated delivery date, which would be tomorrow.

I'll have to figure out by calling them I guess if that is automatic or if I have to initiate it myself.

Man what a crap fest.

Damn that really sucks. I wouldn't be too quick to assume it's really lost though. I've had lots of packages seemingly go missing for a few days (or even a week) before finally showing up out of the blue. Both with UPS and USPS.

I agree with everyone here.. as a seller, I would just wait it out, but keep in contact with the buyer. Call ebay and explain, so they can fill you in on your rights as a seller. I am sorry that you're going through this. Must feel like a hulkbuster sitting on your chest.. just Hulk-Out and be strong. We're all here for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I agree with everyone here.. as a seller, I would just wait it out, but keep in contact with the buyer. Call ebay and explain, so they can fill you in on your rights as a seller. I am sorry that you're going through this. Must feel like a hulkbuster sitting on your chest.. just Hulk-Out and be strong. We're all here for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks so much.

It's awesome to have an online community to share things like this with. If I tried to explain this to co workers or even some friends I could almost hear them say "why in the world would you buy a $1000 Iron Man toy in the first place".

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear! I went through a similar situation a few months ago, but instead I was on the buyer end of this. The seller, unlike you, was not very helpful at all and was rather dismissive at first. It wasn't until I threatened negative feedback that he decided to refund me.

Long story short, the seller was at fault since internal USPS tracking showed he inputted wrong address, but the seller denied, denied, denied until the very end even though I had hard proof. :gah:

But good thing you're insured! Best of luck and hope it works out. Keep us all updated!

UPS lost my SS Black Canary PF statue but found it 2 days later and finally delivered it to the buyer.... so I wouldn't worry to much..

If I tried to explain this to co workers or even some friends I could almost hear them say "why in the world would you buy a $1000 Iron Man toy in the first place".

“Why in the world would you spend $1000 a month on alcohol, cigarettes, and motel rooms in the first place, co-worker? A divorce would be cheaper at this point.”

“Why in the world would you spend $1000 a month on alcohol, cigarettes, and motel rooms in the first place, co-worker? A divorce would be cheaper at this point.”

Right on. You'll notice I didn't include wife. I'm hoping for a positive resolution before I utter a word about this to her. :monkey3

Glad to see so much great advice on the first page. Follow it to a T.

That said, I hate UPS even more now.

I always think of this when it comes to UPS. I hope all works out for you.

3721166_o.gif

Back