The Many Saints of Newark (The Sopranos prequel film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2018/03/david-...he-many-saints-of-newark-new-line-1202319202/

adcax1.gif

David Chase Revives ‘The Sopranos’ With New Line Prequel Movie ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’

About goddamn time. It's been talked about for a decade now. I'd prefer a show, but whatever.

Last edited:
I should watch the Sopranos. Is it on netflix/hulu/prime/hbo?

Yes, you should. HBO will ALWAYS have it on demand.

Usually when I finish watching the Sopranos, I start watching the Sopranos. It ruined TV for me.

Bare in mind the pilot was filmed two years almost before the subsequent episodes. The first episode is very alien to the rest.

It plays more like a comedy than a drama.

Get HBO now, I think they offer a month for free. Is also available on Prime Video for free if you have Prime.

It is a fantastic show, but I made the mistake of watching "The Wire" first. That's the show that destroyed TV for me, nothing came close and I don't think nothing ever will.

water

I don't think any TV show or film captured how ****ing weird dreams can be like the show did.

A sidenote. Lorraine Bracco makes the absolute worst sex noises.

Last edited:
Watched it last night and thought it was very good. Billy Magnussen was amazing as Paulie, while Vera Farmiga and Jon Bernthal were fantastic as Tony's folks.

I haven't seen it yet but probably soon. I watched a review and they complained that the movie is heavily geared towards people strongly invested in the long retired show, which won't be a problem for me.

I can't stop thinking about how much I LOATHED this movie. It's burrowed under my skin like a tick. I hated it so, so much.

My estimation of David Chase as a writer just ******* plummeted.

I didn't hate it with a burning passion but boy was I disappointed, this needed to be a miniseries with more focus on Dickie and Tony's relationship and less Harold.

Michael did a fine job as Tony but the rest of the original crew felt off for the most part and their ages completely threw me off, Silvio was especially bad.

A lot of the time I couldn't keep up with what was happening because the pace is all over the place as well, overall it just isn't a good prequel, it doesn't add much to the show and what it does tarnishes some things in my opinion.

If you're a diehard Soprano fan I honestly can't say I would recommend it, you get a lot of fan service sure but nothing of substance, this didn't need to be made.

Back