Who is the guy that said NO to RDJ as Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feige has said that he initially brushed the idea off, but then helped get RDJ the part. I don't remember him mentioning one person that tried to block it, but he has said there were "several" no's from above. I am positive, they probably all claim they were on board with RDJ at this point of success. #revisionisthx

Dougray Scott has no charisma and Wolverine wouldn't be the icon he is today had he not been forced to step away from the role.

What would have been much, much worse would have been if Will Smith had really been offered the role of Steve Rogers (and accepted it) for 2011's "The First Avenger." Johnston has gone on record to say that Evans was always his first choice and that he had to beg him to take it 6 times before Evans finally relented but if there's any kernel of truth to us almost getting an "aw hell no" Cap then...yikes.

slice_captain_america_will_smith_01.jpg

https://collider.com/should-will-smith-play-captain-america/

I think the guy on the right kicked himself in the ass for 15 seasons!!! Bad move thinking your to good for that show bro....

ryan-seacrest-brian-dunkleman-american-idol-season-1-gi.jpg

>random ass thread
>BBCposting in BLACKED Panther thread
Holy ****, SideshowFreaks is now /tv/!

I do love those random threads where somebody just posts their review though. There's a naivety about it that makes it charming.

They said the suits said no to RDJ as Iron Man. Jon Favero had to really keep fighting for them to accept him in the role.

I still remember when they showed the first footage at SDCC, ending with Iron Man soaring past the jet fighters. Everyone went ape **** and apparently that reaction got Paramount to give them more money to really finish making the movie in a spectacular way.

It would be really cool to see a doc on the first ten years starting around there. And then have archival footage and also new interviews with the main people involved sharring their stories of how the brand just keep growing like crazy. The casting of Hemsworth was also a cool story, and to hear how Evans went all in with Marvel would be interesting. Hearing the candid story of Joss getting in, then falling out with them...

It would be cool to see RDJ sit down with the guys who told him no and have a conversation now. Who were their choices for Iron Man?

Feige has said that he initially brushed the idea off, but then helped get RDJ the part. I don't remember him mentioning one person that tried to block it, but he has said there were "several" no's from above. I am positive, they probably all claim they were on board with RDJ at this point of success. #revisionisthx

:lol I was going to say that I didn't even know that someone said 'no.' But you're right. At this point, I'm sure they'll all deny it - but at the same time, it probably couldn't hurt to say it and have a good laugh, unless RDJ doesn't even know yet. Then, I'd say, keep quiet.

Back