Popcultcha?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrakalackis

Super Freak
Reaction score
For you guys that order from the regularly, I have a few questions about Popcultcha...

1. How do they ship their Hot Toys? Do they double box, or just ship the brown shipper? Do they use enough packing material to protect the product in international shipping?

2. How is their customer service? Do they go the extra mile to make things right if there are problems?

3. If you use their ECI shipping option what is the average shipping time?

Thanks in advance!!!

1. Any order I've had has been in a box - that being said the HT orders were two figures (or a big one like the Mark 43) at least and the other stuff was enough to warrant a larger box. Given that, they're definitely packed out.
2. A+ C/S, just remember you have to contact them on a time difference, so be prepared to call in the night.
3. About 2 weeks give or take 5 days I'd say.

About one and a half weeks from Oz to Canada via ECI. They pack enough bubble-wrap to choke a Wampa around the brown shipper. Never had a problem so can't say what their customer service is like.

About one and a half weeks from Oz to Canada via ECI. They pack enough bubble-wrap to choke a Wampa around the brown shipper. Never had a problem so can't say what their customer service is like.

:lecture

Takes about an hour to remove all of the bubble wrap... :wink1:

Shipping is quick and inexpensive, considering it goes from Australia to Florida, in my case. Takes about an hour to remove all of the bubble wrap...

When I sent them an email inquiring about my package they responded very quickly and were very helpful. My package got to NY rather quickly but has been in NY for 9 days, and today is a holiday. 4-lom, and IG-88 will hopefully get here tomorrow. :)

Took them 3 months to have a replacement part sent for my 4-lom. They were helpful, but goddamn slow. Apparently sideshow had to send to them and then them send to me which made no damn sense

Only ordered from them once. Top notch shipping and packaging, best I’ve seen... whole lotta bubble wrap. Did the basic shipping and still got to a California in a little over 2 wks. No issues so no need for customer service.
Will order again when they have their wicked sales (usually a couple times a year).

I made the mistake of leaving them going somewhere cheaper and got badly burnt. Back now. They can be expensive but the reward points are ok, good friendly customer service, the sales can be great and I just recently got a discount for buying too much HT! Nice. Oh yes and the bubble wrap.

I've only ordered from them a few times whenever a Sideshow exclusive or other hard-to-find item sells out in the US, but they've always impressed me. They're a little more expensive, but their rates aren't too bad for international shipping and they have a pretty generous rewards program. And they pad everything in such ridiculous amounts of bubble wrap and/or extra cartons to satisfy the most obsessive-compulsive collectors amongst us!

I pretty much only buy from Popcultcha now.

I ordered AOU Hulk from them...yeah it came today pretty messed up.

They only wrapped the Hot Toys brown shipper in one thin layer of bubble wrap and slapped a shipping sticker on it. It has holes in the product/art box. At least when Sideshow ships them non pack'd out they usually just come dirty.

Don't think I'll use them again, fell kinda burned. :gah:

Last edited:

They only wrapped the Hot Toys brown shipper in one thin layer of bubble wrap and slapped a shipping sticker on it. It has holes in the product/art box. At least when Sideshow ships them non pack'd out they usually just come dirty.

So they packed better than SS but the mail service messing it up is their fault? Everything I've gotten from them has had bombproof bubble wrapping so not sure what happened there, but it's still better than SS's packaging. Have you contacted them? SS has excellent CS so if they won't help like SS does, fair enough.

So they packed better than SS but the mail service messing it up is their fault? Everything I've gotten from them has had bombproof bubble wrapping so not sure what happened there, but it's still better than SS's packaging. Have you contacted them? SS has excellent CS so if they won't help like SS does, fair enough.

Just would have thought they would have added a little more protection sine it was international. No haven't contacted them as of yet.

Just would have thought they would have added a little more protection sine it was international. No haven't contacted them as of yet.

Well they have added more protection than SS does...

BTW, totally get the disappointed feeling when an item arrives trashed.

Well they have added more protection than SS does...

BTW, totally get the disappointed feeling when an item arrives trashed.

I know right. Still don't understand SS's shipping charges when they refuse to pack out so many things. I'll reach out to Pop, just bummed me out a little.

Was the figure damaged? Ive thought about ordering from them but havent tried it yet.

Took them 3 months to have a replacement part sent for my 4-lom. They were helpful, but goddamn slow. Apparently sideshow had to send to them and then them send to me which made no damn sense

That’s standard RMA/replacement practice. PopCultcha is technically the customer of that item to SS. They’ll only deal directly with them.

When I've dealt with Sideshow directly, they were very fast. I've probably dealt with them 3-4 times for exchanges/replacements in the past few years and have had the matter resolved in no more than 2-3 weeks total, and that includes a complete-figure replacement.

Not sure why PC would take so long - 3 months seems not related to Sideshow, so that's on PC.

Back