RIP John Mahoney (Martin Crane)"Frasier"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good actor and was very funny. The reruns really hold up.
Also great as the General in Iron Giant.
Came to America from England after WW2.
IMG_3573.JPGIMG_3575.JPG

Last edited:
Awww....how sad. I thought he was much older than 77. I wonder if he had been sick?

Saw this today and was bummed. Frasier is one of those shows that the wife and I both really like, to the point that we don’t really get tired of the re-runs, no matter how often we see them.

John Mahoney was terrific in it, as Martin Crane. His performance was great and it was a smartly written character too. I don’t think the show could have worked without him.

We were both interested to find out, some years back that Mr. Mahoney graduated from Quincy University, about twenty miles from where we live. He didn’t get into acting until he was 37 years old, starting in theater, in Chicago, Illinois.

When they cast him as Frasier’s dad they came up with the idea of giving his character a cane to help him appear older, because in reality John Mahoney was only 15 years older than Kelsey Grammer.

Sad to hear, my family and I have watched Frasier over and over and never tire of it, obviously now it's a repeat/re-run but it never seems to lose anything,

Rest in Peace John...

What a sad news this is, Frasier was one of the greatest comedy shows ever, and John was a big part of making that happens, RIP John.

Frasier is the Only show that I can watch at any time. it plays on a the channel COZY tv, and they play 4 episode every day. I watch it while eating dinner. it never gets old. there is something so witty and charming about the show.

Back