Lounge lorne 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, I cant wait to pay another $45 for the same exact figure in a different colored suit. :pow

Its no biggie.The one already released if beautiful in itself, having another one with a slightly different suit wont change that.

I don't see why you guys are complaining. The Buffy line has been killed and Sideshow offers up one last figure. I know it is just a quick "repaint," but still one last figure is one last figure they didn't have to make. So I hope you guys cheer up and see this as a going away present.

It's not one last figure, it's a suit.

This thing is the final insult for Angel fans. Sideshow can pretty much kiss my ass on this one. I don't enjoy being so crass, but it's how I feel.

If this is the end of the 12 inch line, then why not give us a going away gift worth having like Wesley or Gunn and not some quick Knock-up revamp of a figure we already have.

Sideshow you seem to be making one bad move after another.

Slayerverse98 said:
Just curious: how many of you will buy this reguardless of Sideshow smacking us in the face?

Also just curious: How many of you will be complaining about the price it's going for on ebay after you don't buy it.:rolleyes: :lol

Ok, I don't feel like writing my opinion again since I already did on the Lounge Lorne comments area. So I'll copy and paste. I kind of think the same as TheObsoleteMan, only I tried not to be rude or anything not to get censored:

Having a new Buffy announcement is always exciting, [however I agree with everything Nathan said]. I also feel kind of sad that this is the last 12 inch figure from Buffy/Angel (at least for a long time), and the fact that is another variant makes me feel even sadder. I don’t know guys what happened with Lorne but this sounds like the Exclusive version of the original Lorne, so why not offering him as the exclusive and the yellow suit one as the regular just as Darla? I still can’t believe you guys are giving up on the B/A line (especially when the Angel line hasn’t even started), and then give us what looks like to be some extra figures you had in your warehouse, but with a different appearance so that they can pass as totally new figures. [I’m sorry, Nathan], this won’t have a new sculpt, that is impossible. And if it had, it’d be absurd since they should be spending their time, artistry and money on a new character. Fans are so disappointed in you, Sideshow, there’s no doubt you’ve given us the best figures in the market, and that’s why it feels so devastating not having our awesome collection complete. Please, think about it guys, we need a Wesley, Gunn and Fred, and Anya for Buffy. We so need it, seriously. I’m supporting the line until its end (which will be near once the PF Angel is announced), and for that support and loyalty over the years I think I, as many other collectors, deserve the satisfaction of having our favourite (and long-running) collection complete. Thanks for reading.

I tried not to use the words "insult", "rehash" or others that might sound offensive to their work, but I had a hard time doing it....

Looks like I'm in the minority here about lovin' this, (and Buttmunch, I'm definitely agreeing with your comments) and I say "BRING IT, BABY!" :chew

We had already been told basically that both lines were dead. It was done, over, all we were waiting on was the release of Giles.

Not one of us can honestly say we were EXPECTING another figure, least of all Wesley, so consider this as just a 'last hurrah' of an existing sculpt with a nice spiffy-colored suit, and try to enjoy this for what it is (or don't, it's your blood pressure). :monkey1

I'm also reading in other threads how people are wanting to change their user names, boycott that, vote in this poll, etc., etc., Sideshow has slapped us in the face, etc., etc.... Maybe I'm in the minority here as well, but I was a Buffy/Angel fan loooong before I found Sideshow, and I will continue to be a Buffy/Angel fan looooong afterwards. Getting another figure announcement (or not) from Sideshow doesn't change me as a fan, and won't affect my Buffy/Angel dvd watching in the least! :lol

I'm not a fan because I collect figures of Buffy/Angel characters. I collect Buffy/Angel figures because I'm a fan (a seriously multiple-dvd-season-watching, "Season 8"-graphic-novel-reading, previous-donator-to-the-Save-Angel-fund, letter-writer-to-show-cancelling-tv-producers-at-WB fanatic!). Having had the opportunity to collect figures of some (no, not ALL, just some)of the greatest TV characters EVER has just been gravy.

Since we were expecting ZERO further announcements of either an Angel or Buffy figure, I admit I'm a little confused by everyone's "I'm so disappointed" comments. Having said that, however, while I don't understand it, I support everyone's right to HAVE their feelings about this announcement and I stand by my fellow collectors in our Buffy/Angel unity (our love of the shows!)! :grouphug

I think some of the negativity surrounding this figure is the way it's being marketed. If it pre-ordered with the first Lorne as an exclusive, alternate version, it probably would have been better received.

Personally, I'm with Migwit (where's your Buffy/Angel sig banner, girl? Show Your Support!), and I hope to be able to get one. I say "hope" because any time Sideshow uses the words "extremely," "limited," and "in-stock" in such close proximity in the same sentence, edition sizes have ranged from 10- to 50-pieces.

Well this will cost me over $100, and I'm just getting it to put it in the CTR PA, so I'm really hoping there's going to be something else extra with it.

Regardless, I'll shoot it then sell it. I'm sure by the time i'm done shooting it the secondary market price will be high enough to recoup my losses from expensive shipping and duties.

This is a perfect example of people complaining about something no one is forcing them to buy :)

If the figure is, in fact, in stock, does that mean that we can use Gift Cards or Rewards Points to pay for him? That is IF we are lucky to buy him... I don't like the sound of "extremely limited".

For us Angel fans, it would add insult to injury if Sideshow followed up their cancellation of the Angel line, killed LONG before it's time, with underproducing the last offering... leaving us hanging in the "sea" breeze. :rolleyes:

Back