Jumanji 3 eyeing Dec 2019 release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like Jumanji 2?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sony chairman Tom Rothman is eyeing a December 2019 release date for a Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle sequel, where it will go head-to-head at the box office with Star Wars: Episode IX. The reboot of the classic ’90s property, headlined by bona fide star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, was one of this holiday season’s biggest surprises. Opening just five days after The Last Jedi premiered in theaters, Welcome to the Jungle more than held its own and has earned an impressive $769.4 million worldwide. It even managed to top Episode VIII after a couple weeks, riding waves of positive buzz.

:lol Sony wanting a repeat of what happened this time. This little face off against TLJ and holding their own so well with all the positive buzz and money helped them grow some balls. It’s going to become a Xmas tradition, a new Star Wars movie and a new Jumanji.

Maybe it will be like the new Furious or Jurassic series given that we know how this goes these days.

They’ve setup the game can change so they can go through a bunch of gaming tropes I suppose.

But knowing Sony, they could easily run this goodwill into the ground as well

Also I threw in a poll just for the hell of it :lol

Re: Jumanji.... 3!

giphy.gif

Jumanji 2 might be the Rock's greatest movie he ever made.

Specially if u like videogames. That movie is wonderful for gamers

It was the characters that really made J2. I don't see how they can make J3 with them and not just be a remake of this one. A whole new cast would bring a whole different dynamic and that might just fall flat on its face. I understand wanting to cash in on the buzz, but it was like 20 years between the first two. I'm not sure another so soon would really work. What is next? Pay to win phone games?

It was the characters that really made J2. I don't see how they can make J3 with them and not just be a remake of this one. A whole new cast would bring a whole different dynamic and that might just fall flat on its face. I understand wanting to cash in on the buzz, but it was like 20 years between the first two. I'm not sure another so soon would really work. What is next? Pay to win phone games?

They are going by video game rules right?

They can add multiplayer team fighting.

Instead of fighting against fake game characters
The game can kidnap 8 people (4 new players) and have them fight against the team from the second movie.

III > IX ON Dec 2019

They really need to make this into the movies slogan :lol

They are going by video game rules right?

They can add multiplayer team fighting.

Instead of fighting against fake game characters
The game can kidnap 8 people (4 new players) and have them fight against the team from the second movie.

That’s a good idea and could work, and would also let them bring the same J2 guys back to face off from some other Jumanji players across the world

original Jumanji creator and book author Chris Van Allsburg has landed a movie deal at 20th Century Fox. With his producing partners, William Teitler, Ted Field, and Mike Weber, the children’s book author will develop new tentpoles from his previous work, future books, and emerging ideas alike.

The renewed interest in Van Allsburg and his work is a direct result of Sony’s Welcome to the Jungle‘s commercial success, with the film having now grossed over $823 million worldwide in theaters.

So they’re going all in after doing better than their wildest dreams on jumanji 2. :lol

But it’s fox buying it up.. I’m sure they’ll be using his other properties, but I’d love it if this lead to a Spider-Man situation where all the main jumanji stuff is owned by Sony but fox starts making all the stories around it back at their place. Having all these disconnected cinematic universes everywhere, just the pure chaos of it :lol

I was totally against a Jumanji 2 initially.

Then, I saw the movie and found out how wrong I was. :lol

I fully support a sequel.

modern sucks...Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin...they were kids....bring Vangelis or Tangerine Dream too

Back