Devilman Crybaby

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sevreed

Super Freak
Reaction score
Why haven’t we heard of anyone making figures for this new Netflix series? I saw the statue Gekko is making and that’s nice but I want Figuarts, Medicos or Figma action figures from this new series! Or how about a variable action figure version from Megahouse? They just made that Nirasawa version so why not a figure from a actual anime? I’m already ticked that we only got a Figuarts Zero version of Devilman from Devilman vs. Cyborg 009 anime but if we don’t get a cool figure from the new show that will be such a waste. Why is Maxfactory making a Devilman figure of a old statue(which is cool, don’t get me wrong) but not a Figma from the new show? WTF are these toy companies not giving this new show any love?

Now that I think about it I saw a preview of a Figma devilman sometime ago....so we should see something sometime in the future

Man this show is weird. Like really freaking weird. What the hell.

Man this show is weird. Like really freaking weird. What the hell.

Yeah I finally started it....as a huge fan of the ovas in the 80's I have to say this new anime is a total let down for me...maybe I'll like it as it progresses. I really hate the art style, must be done by the same studio that did that ping pong show :yuck

Yes, it is really weird and that is very much Go Nagai. It seemed very much in the spirit of the original manga with all of the disturbing stuff included. I do admit that I am not a big fan of the animation style though. I like the design for Devilman himself and Akira but the overall feel is too simple especially for the demons. If I got to pick which version of a Devilman to make a great figure of it would be between the one in Devilman vs. Cyborg 009 or Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman.

Looks like Aniplex Inc. has a nice big statue coming out for Devilman Crybaby! Two colour versions, 2K each.

I'm wondering if this is your first Devilman media - if you're confused after watching the show..

To me, it seems like they omitted story linking elements and added/lengthened parts that were simplified in the original manga.
Mixed with simplified art style and crude scene editing, it became something hard to watch and hard to understand for the first-timers..

I thought they killed off the devilman license when they made shia-tty live action movie back in 2004.
Now this might be the nail in the coffin.
With this art style, I doubt any good figure can come out of it..

They did a great job re-doing Mazinger series. Why can't they do same with Devilman?

I'm wondering if this is your first Devilman media - if you're confused after watching the show..

To me, it seems like they omitted story linking elements and added/lengthened parts that were simplified in the original manga.
Mixed with simplified art style and crude scene editing, it became something hard to watch and hard to understand for the first-timers..

I thought they killed off the devilman license when they made shia-tty live action movie back in 2004.
Now this might be the nail in the coffin.
With this art style, I doubt any good figure can come out of it..

They did a great job re-doing Mazinger series. Why can't they do same with Devilman?

I'm not sure it will be a nail in the coffin, because this show is getting quite a lot of praise from various review sites.....praise I don't understand..., but there might be hope for more devilman. I watched the whole thing and it is the worst anime I've seen in a few years. I don't like the visual style, the pacing went from fine to over 9000 in the last batch of episodes. Too much screen time sacrificed for visual metaphors and biblical references. Any logical progression in the show gets throw out in the end except maybe tone? Crybaby is the complete story, but I find the OVAs to be a better Devilman adaptation despite being incomplete.

I'm not sure it will be a nail in the coffin, because this show is getting quite a lot of praise from various review sites.....praise I don't understand..., but there might be hope for more devilman. I watched the whole thing and it is the worst anime I've seen in a few years. I don't like the visual style, the pacing went from fine to over 9000 in the last batch of episodes. Too much screen time sacrificed for visual metaphors and biblical references. Any logical progression in the show gets throw out in the end except maybe tone? Crybaby is the complete story, but I find the OVAs to be a better Devilman adaptation despite being incomplete.

Can't trust reviews these days. Big media can buy out the reviews.
Hence 90+ on RT star wars score.

100% agreed on OVA being better. Specially the first one.

Can't trust reviews these days. Big media can buy out the reviews.
Hence 90+ on RT star wars score.

100% agreed on OVA being better. Specially the first one.

I think the one benefit from all of this is hopefully this being on Netflix will open more casual viewers to more Go Nagai and anime related media for the future.

I think the one benefit from all of this is hopefully this being on Netflix will open more casual viewers to more Go Nagai and anime related media for the future.

Well there is hope for sure...but the reactions are mostly "confused" and "weird"...
Not sure if that's a positive sign for future Go Nagai license development.

I think Netflix totally missed the boat here. They should have gone with the studio that produced the Devilman vs. Cyborg 009 ovas. Keep the same versions of the characters they established in that show and make a manga (story) accurate version from those. Spend the extra money on production per episode but cut down the episodes to six or eight and cover up to the first quarter or so of the original story. If it does well you can make three more parts to build on what you have established.

I dont understand the hate for this series, tbh. I am enjoying it despite all it's faults. I might get plenty of hate for this, but the art style and editing is similar to FLCL...at least to me it is.

While the style and art does take some getting used to, I feel that if you have an open mind it isnt all that bad.

but the same issues I am reading that a lot of you are having with it, I had in the first 2 episodes

Wow!
I'm surprised by the comments here, I for one thought it was absolutely brilliant, not only that, but I've mostly heard a lot of praise from friends and anime fans...
I loved it! :rock

Wow!
I'm surprised by the comments here, I for one thought it was absolutely brilliant, not only that, but I've mostly heard a lot of praise from friends and anime fans...
I loved it! :rock

It’s was very good I agree, it’s a drastic art style . I just wanted more of the regular anime due to the wait on this title. It’s been some time for a serious devilman

I had this on while doing some packaging and wth did you guys suggested to me lmao.

I give it a B-

Its a great show but I felt like it was lacking or missing something to it

Back