Will HT do a Force Ghost Yoda from TLJ and would you buy it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Day

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would love to see how HT did a force ghost figure and as TLJ Yoda looked like ESB Yoda this would be easy money for them.

Spoiler. What's the point when they have an ESB Yoda figure out right now? Just buy that.

No and no.

They just did ESB Yoda. I see that as being the last Yoda available for awhile, at least from HT.

Even if they did, I wouldn't get it. I only need one Yoda in my collection and ESB is the ideal film to have him represented from.

It wasn't the greatest, but I did at least think it looked better on a second viewing. Probably because I knew it was a full-on puppet by that point and was more prepared for it (or more forgiving).

It was the way the mouth moved, it looked off to me, especially since I had just watched ESB a couple of days before where it looked more realistic. They really knew how to craft a puppet back in the 80's.
Then there was the tone of Yoda, he sounded too upbeat and goofy like he did when he was pretending to be a mischievous swamp creature when he first met Luke.

Then there was the tone of Yoda, he sounded too upbeat and goofy like he did when he was pretending to be a mischievous swamp creature when he first met Luke.

It was just weird, Yoda's behavior and the whole encounter. Like schizophrenic Yoda on ecstasy.

It was the way the mouth moved, it looked off to me, especially since I had just watched ESB a couple of days before where it looked more realistic. They really knew how to craft a puppet back in the 80's.

My sentiments as well.

I agree with davejames that he looked better on my second viewing as well, but like you said, he seemed a bit too goofy for the moment. I thought the message he was attempting to convey to Luke was a good exchange, but he was a bit too goofy for the moment I think.

To me for what the exchange was intending to convey and the gravitas behind it, I feel he should have had more of the "always with you it cannot be done" mentality that he had in ESB.

Dead ghost Yoda must have discovered abilities he didn't know he had before he met Rian Johnson. Otherwise when Vader extended his hand to Luke, Yoda could have just struck him with a bolt of lightning:slap

Dead ghost Yoda must have discovered abilities he didn't know he had before he met Rian Johnson. Otherwise when Vader extended his hand to Luke, Yoda could have just struck him with a bolt of lightning:slap

Obi-Wan and Yoda clearly have no interest in getting directly involved, you know what the Jedi are like... The will of the force and all that jazz.

Back