Wtf is wrong with ss!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbieguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got my replacement Maul today. I got stressed just knowing I had to pick it up. Haven’t had a chance to even check to see if sabers work but I got one with the infamous foot gaps. At least 5mm if not more. I thought they did quality checks before sending out replacements. F$ck me. For the money we pay we shouldn’t have to put up with this sh$t. I guess I can put a piece of black felt under foot to close it but damn....

Got my replacement Maul today. I got stressed just knowing I had to pick it up. Haven’t had a chance to even check to see if sabers work but I got one with the infamous foot gaps. At least 5mm if not more. I thought they did quality checks before sending out replacements. F$ck me. For the money we pay we shouldn’t have to put up with this sh$t. I guess I can put a piece of black felt under foot to close it but damn....

Mine got this foot gap too.. as you said, i took some black cloth underneath it and have to live with it...

In addition, my wife pointed out the entire statue is covered in a fine white dust...clearly this was a return as the wires in the clothes are bent in all sorts of crazy ways. I can take care of the dust with a lint roller. If the sabers work, I may just say f-it and keep the damn thing and put a piece of black felt behind the floating foot. I have already emailed SS explaining the issues. At this point if they offer I would take a credit and just go with something else. From now on I won't be considering any exclusives and inspecting closely at local CBS. The points are worth the hassle of having to pack these things up and go to and from UPS every 3 weeks.

Mine got this foot gap too.. as you said, i took some black cloth underneath it and have to live with it...

I wonder if some earthquake putty would be strong enough to hold the foot down. I have some 3M black double sided tape that is VERY strong, but then I have a hard time removing it from the base (which rattles).

Most PFs seem to have at least a slight foot gap. My Jedi Luke has a noticeable one. Gotta put something in between there...

Most PFs seem to have at least a slight foot gap. My Jedi Luke has a noticeable one. Gotta put something in between there...

Why is this so hard to get right? I might try to clean out the peg hole a little when I get home.

I thought my issue was the peg hole, but if I remember correctly, it turned out that the peg itself was the problem. So drilling wouldn't fix it.

If your crying about foot gaps, just give up on collecting anything.

Lame comment. The idea that someone should get what they paid for and not settle. SS has always been and will always be crap. I stopped buying them years ago due to thier bait and switch tactics on final product and thier poor QC. Gave them one last chance with the KYLO PF and dumped it back in thier lap due to poor QC once again.

If you value your money then you have to understand Thst with SS you will never get what’s advertised as advertised and you will have to settle or move on. Move on is your best bet. When people stop rationalizing SS poor abilities and stop buying it will force them to up thier game or go out of business which should have happened years ago.

Lame comment, i think with the recent pf’s they have been stepping up I too got Kylo And it was flawless, just like the proto, i also think that cs does what they can, And if ure not happy with the solution they do offer escalate it too the cs manager. I have done so in the past. And it was solved according to my request. Also just got Rey, she is amazing. Saying that a company should go out of business is just lame..

I have kylo pf too and it is one of my favorites in my collection. Can’t understand that someone say he is crap... Awesome statue :)

I just put some felt under the foot and closed the gap. The sabers actually work with is very surprising.

Doesn't Kylo's saber droop after a while or something? Other than that though, I didn't hear of many QC complaints.

Doesn't Kylo's saber droop after a while or something? Other than that though, I didn't hear of many QC complaints.

For about half the folks that received it, the saber drooped almost immediately, like the next day. For others like me, it's never drooped at all. Luck of the draw...

For about half the folks that received it, the saber drooped almost immediately, like the next day. For others like me, it's never drooped at all. Luck of the draw...

Be curious to see how it's still holding up 2-3 years from now. Weird!

SS has done better with sculptures BUT their QC blows. I'm even tired of how they handle issues... bad or broken stuff and they can't or won't send stuff in good order and then say, oh well you can send it back or have 15 bucks credit.... I mean really??? 400 bucks plus and you offer that? Man they piss me off. That and how they stopped doing 30 or 25 off the next order, now it's off of crap that isn't selling.... arghhh

Back