Star Wars Hot Toys question?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixiegirl1492

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong location, I wasn't sure where to post it...

I was wondering are the Star Wars Hot Toy clothes removable? Are they sewn onto the figures? or do they have velcro? I pre-ordered the Kylo Ren and Rey figures by Hot Toys from Sideshow. Obviously they will probably release updated figures for episode 9, with new clothes so I was wondering if the clothes can be removed to switch out outfits?

Yes, most of the figures have removable outfits.

Some figures, with armor or other pieces are sewn on or attached, but for most regular human figures you can play around with it.

Welcome to the hobby....prepare to be broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The outfits are generally removable, but because of the fragile and intricate nature of the clothes, it’s not something I’d recommend doing repeatedly. It’s not really like doll clothes that stretch and fit over the body easily.

It’s not often the case but some clothes/armor are definitely made to not be removed.

Plus the cost of buying all the items for just the new outfits and accessories wouldn’t make it really worthwhile. You might as well just buy the new figure.

And the characters in different movies might (probably) have differences aside from the clothes (hair, makeup, scarring, etc.), so it might not make sense to have a IX Rey outfit on a VIII Rey for example.

Ultimately you’re better off selling the older figures and getting the new ones if you prefer the new look, or keeping multiple completed figures if you like the various outfits.

Back