Narcissus studio scale copy of original from Aliens '86

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenernest63a

Super Freak
Reaction score
IMG_6517.jpgIMG_6518.jpgIMG_6519.jpgIMG_6520.jpgIMG_6521.jpgIMG_6522.jpgIMG_6523.jpgIMG_6524.jpgIMG_6526.jpgIMG_6527.jpgIMG_6528.jpgIMG_6529.jpgIMG_6531.jpgIMG_6533.jpgIMG_6534.jpgIMG_6535.jpgIMG_6536.jpgIMG_6537.jpgIMG_6538.jpgIMG_6539.jpgIMG_6540.jpgIMG_6541.jpgIMG_6542.jpgIMG_6543.jpgIMG_6544.jpgIMG_6545.jpgIMG_6547.jpg

Purchased this studio scale casting of the original from Goldenarmor.com over two years ago. It is pretty terrifying when you first remove it from the terribly packaged box ii came in. It appears warped on it's right side and I had to created missing and out right wrong pieces that didn't accurately represent the ship in the film. There was a lot of sanding and putty involved. It actually came with parts missing, thankfully they were eventually sent out after some persuasion. It looks very intimidating on first glance, but anyone who has built models knows you have to put some time into it. It really wasn't difficult, you just need the right tools and the ship comes together.
Details are soft if not out right muddy in some places, either a case of a bad molding process or jut not cleaning and maintaining the mold. It's no Lee Stringer Narcissus kit, but it is taken from the original model used in the sequel, hence the lack of detail and some out right inaccuracies from the original film. This is the same kit hanging at Paul Allens EMP science fitiction prop displays across from the space needle in Seattle.

That looks great! Nice job. Sadly, Goldenarmor are known re-casters. I only know as I almost got stung myself and was ready to hand over a large chunk of money for a few kits (including the studio scale ID4 attacker) I looked into them a little more and swerved well clear for many of the reasons you mentioned. At least you salvaged it though and ended up with a good looking ship.

Appreciate the comments. Upon first seeing it I was shocked and angry. There is a very harsh but deserved review of this kit. They decided not to put the thing together, which is a shame. A little effort and it all works out in the end. I bought it because Goldenarmor claimed to have the interior cockpit, which they display in photos which look like they may be Lee Stringers exceptional custom model. Of course they don't have the cockpit, when confronted they said it would be ready the next year. My money was refunded, but he never took down the cockpit from the web page like he said he would.
But I still managed to create a diamond out of a turd.

It looks great now! Congratulations.
Too bad about your experience though.
What scale is it?

That looks great! Nice job. Sadly, Goldenarmor are known re-casters. I only know as I almost got stung myself and was ready to hand over a large chunk of money fro a few kits (including the studio scale ID4 attacker) I looked into them a little more and swerved well clear for many of the reasons you mentioned. At least you salvaged it though and ended up with a good looking ship.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning.

Back