Earthquake Putty on feet of 1/6 scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbieguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have one 1/6 scale Boba Fett in a short besta cabinet with a glass door. Frame is hiding too much of him with any crotch stand (even low profile type). Would it be ok to put a dab of earthquake putty (or something else) on the bottom of each foot to minimize the chance of him falling over? He is up near the glass door so he could only fall backwards if he did fall. Thanks!!

I use museum putty on my figures to keep them in more extreme poses without stands, I've never had any issues with discoloration or it otherwise harming the figure, if that helps. Love the stuff.

EDIT: I will say that depending on the tread on the bottom of the boots, it may be a bit of a pain to remove down the road. Not impossible, it just gets into all those crevases.

I've never heard of this stuff before, I may have to invest in a 5 gallon bucket for my 1/12 stuff lol

I've never heard of this stuff before, I may have to invest in a 5 gallon bucket for my 1/12 stuff lol

This is the kind I use. Basically, you put a tiny amount on the bottom of the foot, then press it down and kind of work it back and forth to get it to hold. Then wait 24 hours for it to fully hold. No residue when you pull it off.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ready-America-Museum-Putty-Collectors-Hold-99111/202214382?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D25H-Hardware%7c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8v-27DB1wIVD7bACh3IJwanEAQYAiABEgKY4vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJL2196wwdcCFcPRwAodtOYI9A

My experience with this stuff is that over time it ends up changing to the consistency of hot chewing gum. It becomes a pain getting it off of stuff.

You may be able to secure the feet, but don't forget that the knees and ankles are articulated. :lol

I suppose museum gel works better with 1/12 figures.

My experience with this stuff is that over time it ends up changing to the consistency of hot chewing gum. It becomes a pain getting it off of stuff.
I wonder if that is due to the environment. I have never had an issue and been using the stuff for 10+ years.

I wonder if that is due to the environment. I have never had an issue and been using the stuff for 10+ years.

I don't know. I bought the quality stuff, the original "Earthquake Putty" from Home Depot. I lived in Southern California. The weather is not too bad there. Just for some reason, after a few months of use, I would try to remove it and it became super stringy with the majority of it staying on the piece. It was like the putty had broken down chemically or something...
But anyway, like with everything Your Mileage May Vary...

Back