Sideshow 1/6 Han Solo in Carbonite Base Custom Plate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo1126

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really like this figure. While I've read that some of you think it's not the proper scale, or that you do not like the likeness, or even that it's made of plastic, I disagree and think it is a great offering from SS. Sure I am in agreement that the price is a little on the high side at $250 ($199 would have been more appropriate), but this seems to be the price that SS now charges for it's 1/6 scale Star Wars figures. Earlier this year SS released Luke in Snowspeeder Pilot Gear which was price over $250, and the recently announced Obi-Wan Mythos figure can be preordered for $260. With all that said my biggest gripe is why didn't SS provide a more accurate floor for the base? In my opinion the surface of the base should have been the iconic carbonite freezing chamber floor, instead of a generic grey flooring. So I reached out to JazzInc (who I am sure most of you know from his amazing 1/6 dioramas) and asked him if he would be interested in developing an interchangeable plate to slide on top of the base to more accurately represent the carbonite freezing chamber. He suggested that if there was enough interest then he'd be willing to do a small run of plates and estimated the cost at around $50. Now I realize that for most of you $50 on top of a $250 figure is just way too much for a figure. But for those of you who might be interested let your voices be heard.

I haven’t ordered the fig but depending on the base I might be interested. The base it comes with makes it impossible to display with other figures.

Back