Boba Fett escapes the Sarlacc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bionicle is the latest toy to portray Boba escaping the Sarlacc. We might as well consider it canon now, huh?

dscn0791.jpg

PD1439953460GIM.jpg

zvbf3wsekdtz.jpg

Toys are not canon.

Also you could just as easily read the pose as him being pulled into the Surlacc.

He's probably the most overrated character in existence.

Disney will make even a movie with Fett marrying the Sarlacc and having kids together if money is right.

Agreed. Aside from the cool armor, I've never seen the appeal. If going just by film appearances, Jango is a much better character who actually does something.

If he was such a badass, he should've never fallen into the sarlacc pit to begin with.

I really liked Boba fett, and I always felt the comic, clumsy death by a mostly blind han solo was underwhelming, unless they came up with a Gandalf vs balrog kind of battle, I'm not sure how they could bring him back. The belching sarlacc is almost as low as the farting llama or whatever it was in the phantom menace.

Never understood Fett worship....

What exactly did he do anyway?

Followed Solo and reported his whereabouts to Vader?

So he's a rat snitch? Who can't fight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's simply a cool design. Man you people want freaking scientific explanations and theories on this **** when there are none. He looked cool. He looked mysterious. Made a lot of people want to know about him. Same as with Maul except they both got some stupid ass deaths and were subsequently brought back for whatever reason.

That's ALL it is. If you dont get it now then you probably never will.

Fett's mystery IS his appeal.

Looks cool? Check.
A Bounty Hunter with a record worthy of being tasked by the second hand of the Empire? Check.

You don't need more than that to think he's cool.

I for one think a Fett film is ripe for opportunity because of the lack of exposition that he receives in ESB and ROTJ.

But the way to do it is have the majority of the film exist as a flashback of a potentially dying Fett in a Sarlacc pit. Have him recollect a series of events that gets him noticed by the Empire which gives us a foundation of why he's such a good bounty hunter. He narrates why he works the way he does, perhaps the regrets of how this ended etc. It acts as a galaxy hopping dark adventure which shows us the underworlds of planets - such as the underbelly of Bespin, perhaps we can return to the criminal world of Coruscant. No anti-hero themes, no contrived characterization - just a hardened hunter doing his job. The end wraps around to the present and ends with an interpretive ending - a damaged, beaten gauntlet/glove reaching out or pulling up from the pit - then cut to black. Maintain the mystery of if Fett makes it while bolstering his narrative.

Never understood Fett worship....

What exactly did he do anyway?

Followed Solo and reported his whereabouts to Vader?

So he's a rat snitch? Who can't fight?

Never cared for Fett either. With AOTC even the little cool mystery he had going on, was thrown away.

Saying that Fett’s appeal is his mystery in the same paragraph that wants to see a Fett spinoff seems counter intuitive to me.

Not every character in this universe needs a detailed backstory.

Honestly I think a lot of it came from the fact that he was the preview surprise figure.

He was the new masked villain and everyone was in for him before we knew anything about him.....

I do like the idea of a flash back film but isn't that what attack of the clones really was. where do you start after he picks up his dad's head?

I think George Lucas was trying to cash in on a fat soundbite featuring him so heavily in the prequel

Agreed. Aside from the cool armor, I've never seen the appeal. If going just by film appearances, Jango is a much better character who actually does something.

If he was such a badass, he should've never fallen into the sarlacc pit to begin with.

Let's not forget Captain Phasma :)

Or Darth Vader. Friggin Elmo kid with super powers.

Maybe you guys just don’t like Star Wars.

Maybe you guys just don’t like Star Wars.

Lmao what is this blanket fanboy statement..? If I'm not mistaken, Boba isn't even in Star Wars; he doesn't show up until Empire. Seriously though, do you think I would be here if I didn't love Star Wars? I get his appeal in ESB, where he's hired by the Empire to find the Falcon, and he's mysterious and cool. But you can't deny him dying like a bih in ROTJ to blind Han completely deflated any hype for the character.. Maybe a Fett movie would make me feel different about his character, but I think all the love for the character comes from childhood nostalgia.

Lmao what is this blanket fanboy statement..? If I'm not mistaken, Boba isn't even in Star Wars; he doesn't show up until Empire. Seriously though, do you think I would be here if I didn't love Star Wars? I get his appeal in ESB, where he's hired by the Empire to find the Falcon, and he's mysterious and cool. But you can't deny him dying like a bih in ROTJ to blind Han completely deflated any hype for the character.. Maybe a Fett movie would make me feel different about his character, but I think all the love for the character comes from childhood nostalgia.

He was added to the special edition but no he wasnt in it originally. I agree with everything else though. I was not a fan of jango or Boba in AOTC, I think it hurt the character more than dying in the sand pot hole.

Saying that Fett’s appeal is his mystery in the same paragraph that wants to see a Fett spinoff seems counter intuitive to me.

Not every character in this universe needs a detailed backstory.

spinoff doesn't have to be a backstory...

think "man with no man" vibe...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 5.17.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 5.17.35 PM.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 90
Back