Hot Toys Luke Skywalker Force Awakens review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
We might be starting an all sixth scale week - maybe. I know Wednesday will definitly be another, but I'm not sure about Friday yet...but we'll start things off tonight with a look at the new Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, based on his grumpy old man persona in Episode 7. This guy is okay, but there's some serious flaws that took me by surprised, based on how terrific the prototype looked. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-101617a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_htluke_1.jpg

Ouch. There might need to be a "train wreck" grade added to the star system.:monkey3

The one issue Michael missed is his monkey arms - but it's only really visible with the arms exposed and laying flat along the sides of the body. The boots and belt are really the strangest issues - such easy things to get right but oversized and Hasbro-like simplistic sculpts.

Still a decent figure when displayed just right (hood up, arms raised) but an odd miss for sure.

I like the outfit and sculpt, but it's overpriced for what we get. I'd probably only pick him up if SS shoots me another $50 off coupon.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Ouch. There might need to be a "train wreck" grade added to the star system.:monkey3

The one issue Michael missed is his monkey arms - but it's only really visible with the arms exposed and laying flat along the sides of the body. The boots and belt are really the strangest issues - such easy things to get right but oversized and Hasbro-like simplistic sculpts.

Still a decent figure when displayed just right (hood up, arms raised) but an odd miss for sure.

He forgot to mention, or failed to notice, the giraffe neck as well. Hot Toys really blew this one on nearly all fronts.

My most anticipated TFA figure - sold it after 2 weeks.:(
As always, Great review Michael!

I find it weird that you look at that figure and think Hot Toys blew it on nearly all fronts.

I don’t see Jeff Bridges at all. I see a pretty canny impression of Skywalker here. I’m sure it might be different in hand, but this review feels overly critical and harsh at times.

Never saw the reason to spend $300 CAN on a two second scene. This figure was never on my radar. If anything I feel that HT should have release this one year ago. Peg warmers delight this figure will be when the next episode rolls in……

Great Review as always though!!

I don’t see Jeff Bridges at all. I see a pretty canny impression of Skywalker here. I’m sure it might be different in hand, but this review feels overly critical and harsh at times.

I would heartily disagree, this figure in hand is not impressive at all, biggest nit for me is the sculpt - I don't see Hammill in there at all. The hands are noticeably too big and those boots look like they came off a $20 figure as well as the belt, but to a less extent. The outfit needs serious weathering (colors are too bright) and then there is the issue of no real accessories - could have at least thrown in the saber handle. The rock base doesn't support the figure without a stand, mostly because of the terrible boots, but also as it lacks any smoother standing areas. I came very close to sending this back, but ended up keeping it mostly due to laziness ;-).

Back