Disney partnership replaces "First Look" in theaters/excl. content SW, IW, BP, more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassafras

Super Freak
Reaction score
Disney partnership replaces "First Look" in theaters/excl. content SW, IW, BP, more

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-bring-behind-scenes-content-theaters-1043731https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-partnership-will-bring-behind-scenes-content-theaters-1043731

E.g. a new way to get you into a theater 20 minutes early. And buy snacks. And more snacks. And watch commercials.:cool:

The best place to see a sneak peek at the making of upcoming Star Wars films will be at theaters 20 minutes before the trailers roll, courtesy of a deal Walt Disney has struck with National CineMedia, which launches its Noovie preshow on Friday.

Disney said Wednesday it will provide exclusive content to Noovie, beginning with Coco, the Pixar movie starring an animated Xolo dog named Dante — Xolo being one of the world's oldest and rarest breeds.

The Disney-National CineMedia partnership will run at least through June 2018, and subsequent content the conglomerate will provide for Noovie includes exclusive behind-the-scenes looks at Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Black Panther, A Wrinkle in Time, Avengers: Infinity War, The Incredibles 2 and the still untitled Han Solo movie.

Noovie will take the place of FirstLook, the video show that has been running on thousands of movie screens for more than a decade. Before FirstLook, the preshow was called The 2wenty.

Re: Disney partnership replaces "First Look" in theaters/excl. content SW, IW, BP, mo

Brilliant.

They'll tag the making of TLJ to a loser Disney flick just to help sales.

I remember how many people went to The Siege just to see the The Phantom Menace trailer.

Re: Disney partnership replaces "First Look" in theaters/excl. content SW, IW, BP, mo

Brilliant.

They'll tag the making of TLJ to a loser Disney flick just to help sales.

I remember how many people went to The Siege just to see the The Phantom Menace trailer.

Didn't that premiere on the Wing Commander (or whatever it was called) movie?

>2017
>getting there early to see crappy previews you already saw online months ago
>going to the movie theaters at all

IMG_4756.JPG

Nice try Disney, but my money is staying put.

I went to see Monsters Inc to see the AOTC trailer. I still love Monsters Inc.

I also went to see Alanis Morissette and Radiohead opened for her.

I think I need one more example to form a pattern because that is not one.

I thought it was Meet Joe Black

Correct. This new agreement is actually going to make me NOT want to get to the movies early as I have no interest in watching 20 minutes of spoilers (especially multiple times) prior to the arrival of a highly anticipated film.

Didn't that premiere on the Wing Commander (or whatever it was called) movie?

Not for us in LA. I remember. I was there. It was The Siege. Only reason I saw that movie. Ran into a ton of friend there that night who went just to see the trailer.

I went to see Monsters Inc to see the AOTC trailer. I still love Monsters Inc.

I also went to see Alanis Morissette and Radiohead opened for her.

I think I need one more example to form a pattern because that is not one.

Did you stay for Alanis Morrisette? I remember seeing Radiohead for my first time when they opened for R.E.M. On their "Monster" tour, they were amazing! I still listen to Radiohead, not so with R.E.M.

Hopefully this isn't because of what's happening with Maria Menounos. :(

Did you stay for Alanis Morrisette? I remember seeing Radiohead for my first time when they opened for R.E.M. On their "Monster" tour, they were amazing! I still listen to Radiohead, not so with R.E.M.

Are REM even around anymore? I know Radiohead is but their first album is still my favorite

They broke up a few years back. I saw Morrissette in high school, but she had a forgettable opener. On the other hand, I saw a bill with bush, goo goo dolls, and opener no doubt for the exclusive purpose of seeing no doubt, before they hit it big. They didn't disappoint.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The first movie with The Phantom Menace trailer attached (IIRC) was Adam Sandler's "The Waterboy".

:gah:

I thought it was Meet Joe Black

The first movie with The Phantom Menace trailer attached (IIRC) was Adam Sandler's "The Waterboy".

Seems like we're all correct depending what city you were in...

https://www.dorkly.com/post/70899/this-was-the-reaction-to-the-phantom-menace-trailer-debut-in-1998

First preview began with the Gungans marching out of the fog, second preview was Padme saying "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war." I consider those "Trailer 1" and "Trailer 2" but maybe that first one was technically a "teaser," who knows, lol.

Back