DOWNSIZING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People always laugh when I answer "What super power would you want?" with "The ability to shrink."

I just think it would be really, really cool...for all the reasons in the trailer. A bottle of booze could last decades. You could wear your action figures' clothes.

This looks like a fun movie.

Matt Damon and Kristin Wiig in a comedy movie, it's a good he took a break from those action movies, I'll be checking it out.

People always laugh when I answer "What super power would you want?" with "The ability to shrink."

2CY2JyD.gif

I just think it would be really, really cool...for all the reasons in the trailer. A bottle of booze could last decades. You could wear your action figures' clothes.

This looks like a fun movie.

plus you can hide in purses or panty drawers :monkey1

Aaaaaaand this movie sucks.

Really sucks.

The first half was so interesting. Some real fun world building exploring the concept of what it would really be like if people could shrink. The social aspects of it. Throw in some drama about Matt Damon re-discovering himself. It was fun.

And then it comes slamming to a halt halfway through when the REAL message of the movie comes: white people are privileged *******s and poor people are suffering. Little downtrodden minorities toil and suffer and die so little white people can have parties and live like kings.

YAWWWWWNNNNN. Thanks Hollywood...so edgy, so in your face with your radical ideas about inequality that's only shoehorned into every single movie in the last several decades.

Worst part is the lady playing the noble downtrodden Asian cleaning lady with a heart of gold. She delivers all her lines in a grating, loud exaggerated Vietnamese accent that would make Short Round embarrassed. Just a horrible cartoon character. Awful.

I was enjoying this fun little science fiction fantasy but the lame-ass social justice stuff and the horrific performance by the Asian lady just killed my enthusiasm.

Don't bother with this unless you're really into Razzies for worst actors...this lady gives the worst performance I've seen in a long time, and that's saying a lot considering how bad movies are these days.

Woof.

The concept looked interesting, but not enough to pay to see it.

But yea, just what was needed, another whitey is bad movie. Way to unite as one.

Reading imdb reviews now. (Used to read the comments section but that got killed cause the studios don't like people speaking their minds.)

Getting absolutely savaged there too. This movie is terrible. I think people are finally getting fed up of being preached at by rich hypocrites. We just want escapism and compelling stories, not lectures.

Back