Anyone think we will get an updated 1/6 Grand Admiral Thrawn?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHG738

Freaked Out
Reaction score
There's a lot of love for him as a character especially now that he is in Rebels.

Old Sideshow figure isn't great by today's standards and both the Hasbro SDCC and black series versions have flown off the shelves.

Anyone want one or can see one coming?

Would love it if they do.

Sideshow should really crank out a few Rebels figures and even revisit clones.

Thrawn, Ahsoka, Hera, Chopper, old Rex, young Gregor in Republic Commando gear, Shock Trooper 2.0, and Phase 2 Fox would be where I'd start.

Would love it if they do.

Sideshow should really crank out a few Rebels figures and even revisit clones.

Thrawn, Ahsoka, Hera, Chopper, old Rex, young Gregor in Republic Commando gear, Shock Trooper 2.0, and Phase 2 Fox would be where I'd start.
I agree, HT will never do Rebels figures so SS should take the opportunity. It's the only way we'll ever get an Ahsoka.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hot toys has done a lot of TV spinoff marvel characters now. Never say never but I think they have more than enough movie characters to do at the moment.

3 in the last year. That's alot
I wouldn't say so. If that's all they make then it it's very few, but if they keep going it would be "a lot". Give them a couple more years. If we see Jess Jones, Iron Fist, Luke, Quake, and a new Coulson I'd consider it "a lot".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Now that HT has the Star Wars license I'm sure they will milk everything they can out of it. Though that being said, I am surprised they didn't do a Director Krennic from RO.

I still believe that HT will put out Krennic, Cassian and Baze within the next year or so. As for Thrawn and the the rest of the Rebels crew i could see SS pulling that off even though I'd like HT's take on them.
SS can pull off skewed photo realistic versions of the TV shows characters (like Hasbro's BS releases) and get away with it.

I would love one. And I would love to see Thrawn in episode 8 or 9 aswell.

I would definitely be interested in this! I love Thrawn's character and I'm so glad they brought him into the canon.

I want one so bad. If they do one, I do hope that they just do the plain red eyes and no pupils though - but I guess that'd be easy enough to customize

He's got the Blue Man Group thing going, and I could never figure out why his name rhymes like that, but he would be kinda cool. The old SSC fig is way out of date.

tumblr_okkl82g40O1tjmdlko1_1280.jpg

It would be a smart move on Sideshow's part to revisit this character in sixth scale with an improved head sculpt, unfortunately Sideshow isn't very smart.

It would be a smart move on Sideshow's part to revisit this character in sixth scale with an improved head sculpt, unfortunately Sideshow isn't very smart.

Well, at least it would be easier for them to get the skintone right.

It would be awesome. Not sure why Sideshow has not done more TV characters.

Can they even do Rebels? they were all over CW during its run, its not like they're allergic to television releases.

Unless Disney secretely told them not to touch Rebels material, i don't see a reason for them to skip that medium. Then again, taking a look a the last few years production, Sideshow is playing it safe with Star Wars. Mostly (the same) classic characters across scales (1/1, 1/2, 1/4) and, save Luke and Maul, faceless characters in 1/6. Stepping into Rebels territory would mean a lot more R&D investment in several new HS and intricate costumes... investment they don't look keen to do.

I don't remember really well, but did Thrawn sell out in a short time? I thought he was available for a couple years and discounted out (either a black Friday, spooktacular, or big discount). If he didn't fly off the shelves then, I don't think it would be a good indicator for an updated version. Didn't he also come with a chair? I seem to recall wanting that more than the figure. I could be confusing this with the emporer chair though.

Back