Did we decide yet which 1/6 Hot Toys or Sideshow Vader is the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHG738

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I feel enough 1/6 Vaders have been released now to make a purchase but keen to get peoples thoughts before going ahead.

It all depends on what you want. For me the best is the HT ANH with RO hands, similar to the one re-released now with Tarkin. But I've had my HT ANH Vader modded further by our talented Jazzinc.

Not "the best", but I'm pretty happy with my SS Vader with custom cape on HT Schwarzenegger body.

Out of the box, right now, I think the Rogue One Vader is the best.

The best Vader can be achieved via kitbash and custom work.

Perhaps the Vader that comes with the Tarkin two pack will get a single release. That's basically the ANH Vader with the better Rogue One gloves.

If you like Tarkin, get that two pack because it's not a bad price.

Or wait for the ESB/RotJ version.

We're not at peak Vader yet.

And as mentioned above, some of the versions already released require modification if you want full accuracy.

When I was trying to decide between HT or SSC Vaders, the SSC unmasked Vader head from ROTJ was what won it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medicom still owns...........
If you can find one that hasn't disintegrated. Also they are more Dark Helmet sized. :)

I really don't like the ANH chest box, it's the main reason I choose the deluxe sideshow version, but I switched out the head for the cartoon styled titanium series helmet.

Didn't even know this was up for debate. Sold my SS to get HT ANH then HT R1.
050f87f120f5cc55adf4a4cfd7931999.jpg
3c718ef7b7800517351ae7d7584201fd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Think of it from the perspective of someone who does not really want to put mods in it, just wants one iconic Vader etc.

Basically it's this;

HT ANH Vader.

If you want an improved one, because the gloves suck on that one, wait for the one that comes with Tarkin.

After having HT ANH I prefer R1 in just about every way.

Yup. Agree. I liked the SS when there wasn't a HT version. But after getting HT there's really no comparison.

The helmet on the SS is just awful. It's R1 for me as I like the helmet with the gloss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

:lol @ this thread.

The newest is the BEST.

If you don't have it -- GET IT!

'Nuff said.

Those who deny this simple fact are simply looking for reassurance on their old, out-of-date Vaders.

:D

HT RotJ Vader is the best. Or ESB, whichever comes first. If it's RotJ, then ESB will be the best, since that will be the next one. If it's ESB that's next, then it'll be RotJ, since that'll be the next one after that.

HT all the way. Sideshow has lost in my book lol.

But I'm more concerned with which thread of the SS HT Vader thread being the best threads is the best thread of them all?

Think of it from the perspective of someone who does not really want to put mods in it, just wants one iconic Vader etc.

Basically it's this;

HT ANH Vader.

If you want an improved one, because the gloves suck on that one, wait for the one that comes with Tarkin.

Indeed. I had both HT ANH and RO Vaders, and even without the repaint mods the ANH is better than RO. ANH with RO gloves it is the best so far.

Back