Statue D.C. Collectibles Superman vs Flash Racing statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have to get this one. Up at BBTS $244.00. 10 inches

Attachments

• flash1.jpg
    flash1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 294
  • flash2.jpg
    flash2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Re: D.C. Collectibles Superman Vs Flash Racing statue

Beautiful statue, but I hate they had to redesign Supes' costumes. It's like denying the past...

Yeah, 70 years of the same costume just wasn't enough.

And it's not like it's even that altered to begin with. So he doesn't have trunks and there are some other minor changes. Big deal. You look at it and it's Supes. I understand that people usually hold close the first iteration of the character that they first experienced, but move on and accept the future.

Kind if agree, it's a great statue imo.

Yeah, 70 years of the same costume just wasn't enough.

And it's not like it's even that altered to begin with. So he doesn't have trunks and there are some other minor changes. Big deal. You look at it and it's Supes. I understand that people usually hold close the first iteration of the character that they first experienced, but move on and accept the future.

You don't fix what's not broken.

Besides, the "no trunk" **** is the obsession of one or two guys at DC. When they finally leave DC, you'll see the "past" miraculously return. You don't change perfection, you can only make it worse.

Oh, and no, it's not Supes! Everybody knows Supes has red trunks. That guy is just a cosplayer... :)

Besides, the "no trunk" **** is the obsession of one or two guys at DC. When they finally leave DC, you'll see the "past" miraculously return. You don't change perfection, you can only make it worse.

Oh, and no, it's not Supes! Everybody knows Supes has red trunks. That guy is just a cosplayer... :)

They're already starting to reverse everything

Yes, fortunately! That New 52 run was just awful. I kinda like what they're doing with rebirth. But I still miss Pa and Ma Kent (and they're missing an opportunity to make grand parents/grand son interaction) and the red trunks.

But I'm confident these elements will come back one day. After all, they eventually reintroduced Supergirl and Krypto after Infinite Crisis killed them off, so at some point, they'll reintroduce the Kents and the holy pants!:)

I'm not nearly as attached to his red underwear as some of you, the only reason the original costumes were designed like that was because its how Strongmen dressed in the early days. I guess they thought the GP was stupid and wouldn't get that these heroes were super strong if they weren't wearing their underwear on the outside of their tights.

shutterstock79794.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not nearly as attached to his yellow underwear as some of you, the only reason the original costumes were designed like that was because its how Strongmen dressed in the early days. I guess they thought the GP was stupid and wouldn't get that these heroes were super strong if they weren't wearing their underwear on the outside of their tights.

shutterstock79794.jpg

You know, it may be true, but I'm not so sure about it. That explanation came with Snyder, and everyone since then keeps repeating it. Truth is, they probably just made that up to justify why their Supes had no underwear. What's even funnier is that many rendition since they've removed the trunks show him still having some, but the artist make them blue.

New 52 ran for nearly five years and produced a plethora of wonderful stories, especially Snyder's Batman run and Azzarello's Wonder Woman. I personally greatly enjoyed the Superman books as well during this time, especially the Doomed storyline. Things needed shaken up and given an update and they did it respectfully and with class. Dismissing hundreds of books you most likely never even read just because there were alterations to costumes and storylines is absurdly reductive and ignorant.

New 52 ran for nearly five years and produced a plethora of wonderful stories, especially Snyder's Batman run and Azzarello's Wonder Woman. I personally greatly enjoyed the Superman books as well during this time, especially the Doomed storyline. Things needed shaken up and given an update and they did it respectfully and with class. Dismissing hundreds of books you most likely never even read just because there were alterations to costumes and storylines is absurdly reductive and ignorant.

I've read all and everyone of them, and hated most of it. Could probably have been okay if it were a new character, but this wasn't clearly Superman ,and not just because of the costume. I'm from the 70s. I've loved every iteration of Superman made so far. I like Rebirth a lot. Best Superman since John Byrne (and my own Superman was before that time), but New 52 was made for people who don't really like Superman. If only it had only been because of the costume, but the whole dynamic of the character was modified.

They wanted to attract new readers. Fine. But from what I've read on CB forums, they alienated fans of the original, something none of the earlier interpretations had done, so great success.

But, thankfully, New 52 Supes is dead and Rebirth seems to go in the right direction, regardless of the costume change. But hey, everyone has the right to like what he wants, and if you prefer New 52, good for you.

Now I don't think I'm insulting you and calling you ignorant. You don't like my opinion, live with it!

Last edited:

I've read all and everyone of them, and hated most of it. Could probably have been okay if it were a new character, but this wasn't clearly Superman ,and not just because of the costume. I'm from the 70s. I've loved every iteration of Superman made so far. I like Rebirth a lot. Best Superman since John Byrne (and my own Superman was before that time), but New 52 was made for people who don't really like Superman. If only it had on
Y been because of the costume, but the whole dynamic of the character was modified.

They wanted to attract new readers. Fine. But from what I've read on CB forums, they alienated fans of the original, something none of the earlier interpretations had done, so great success.

But, thankfully, New 52 Supes is dead and Rebirth seems to go in the right direction, regardless of the costume change. But hey, everyone has the right to like what he wants, and if you prefer New 52, good for you.

Now I don't think I'm insulting you and calling you ignorant. You don't like my opinion, live with it!

Agreed. Marvel NOW and New 52 books are mostly shyte! Sales are in the tank and both eras are getting scrapped or rebooted only 5 years in. Clearly there's a reason for that. Marvel Now is so bad it actually got me to stop reading Marvel books and I'm a Marvel nut. Even though I wasn't a fan of the New 52, I am giving Rebirth a chance and enjoying it so far.

Either that or the old collectors who can't stand change will die off from old age and the new generation of collectors will only know a superman without underwear on the outside. :lol

The amount of grumpy old farts in this hobby never ceases to amaze and entertain! Thanks for that, guys!
Yeah, having an anger stroke about a redesign that barely changed anything except the underoos and belt is a thing real Superman fans would do. Glad you guys boycott stuff like this, which removes more negativity and entitlement from the comic fandom. Lets not kid ourselves, none of you barely touched a comic in the last decade anyway, so its not a big loss.

The amount of grumpy old farts in this hobby never ceases to amaze and entertain! Thanks for that, guys!
Yeah, having an anger stroke about a redesign that barely changed anything except the underoos and belt is a thing real Superman fans would do. Glad you guys boycott stuff like this, which removes more negativity and entitlement from the comic fandom. Lets not kid ourselves, none of you barely touched a comic in the last decade anyway, so its not a big loss.

Who u calling old lol

Back