Hot Toys DX Superman Lives Limited Edition Blacksuit (just asking)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceCold

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I saw the below pic the other day and figured Oh well there's goes the budget. We can all logically expect that HT will release a Black Suit New Superman.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sup...=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=gNIYgbWNWnB2rM:

This got me thinking. Since Irefuse to buy into the Zack Snyder DC Uviverse of Will Smith and Ben Affleck. How do I justify a D.C. Hot Toys Superman. Since I don't collect full universes what do I do ? How do I display a Black suited Superman. And then it hit me.

A Black and White themed case.

Black suit Superman
Black Suit Marvel Spider-Man (you know it's coming)
Tuxedo Joker Jarred Lehto
And lastly DX14 Jack Nicholson Mime Joker

All these figures are Black and White. And represent figures I actually like don't care that Spidey doesn't fit it's gonna look amazing. With black and white background behind them.

I saw the below pic the other day and figured Oh well there's goes the budget. We can all logically expect that HT will release a Black Suit New Superman.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sup...=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=gNIYgbWNWnB2rM:

This got me thinking. Since Irefuse to buy into the Zack Snyder DC Uviverse of Will Smith and Ben Affleck. How do I justify a D.C. Hot Toys Superman. Since I don't collect full universes what do I do ? How do I display a Black suited Superman. And then it hit me.

A Black and White themed case.

Black suit Superman
Black Suit Marvel Spider-Man (you know it's coming)
Tuxedo Joker Jarred Lehto
And lastly DX14 Jack Nicholson Mime Joker

All these figures are Black and White. And represent figures I actually like don't care that Spidey doesn't fit it's gonna look amazing. With black and white background behind them.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Why refuse the snyder movies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I never felt he was fully committed to the universe (more after seeing the poop headed faceless enemies in Suicide Squad) and after the death of his daughter he is even less so. Also whoever is running Cinematography has decided all the movies will be dark and beyond darkly lit and all the fighting and action takes place at night. He has full control over the D.C. Universe and film after film casting Affleck and Smith ruin the universe.

I'll be the dissenting opinion here. While I don't have as much an issue with Will Smith and could care less about Zack Snyder, I will put no money into the pockets of celebrities who think that their opinions are right and they are smarter than me. Ben Affleck is one who actively campaigns as anti 2nd Amendment. I am pro 2A. This is a conflict of interest. I can't actively support someone who is trying to strip me of my rights. So that's where I stand on Affleck.
I also didn't think he was a very good Batman. I liked him as an actor in several movies, but just didn't feel the casting was right. I also find the casting to be terrible for BvS and the Justice League with Jesse Eisenberg and Jason Momoa. No disrespect to either as actors, but neither of them are representative of their characters. Personal opinion, YMMV.
Ryan

I'll be the dissenting opinion here. While I don't have as much an issue with Will Smith and could care less about Zack Snyder, I will put no money into the pockets of celebrities who think that their opinions are right and they are smarter than me. Ben Affleck is one who actively campaigns as anti 2nd Amendment. I am pro 2A. This is a conflict of interest. I can't actively support someone who is trying to strip me of my rights. So that's where I stand on Affleck.
I also didn't think he was a very good Batman. I liked him as an actor in several movies, but just didn't feel the casting was right. I also find the casting to be terrible for BvS and the Justice League with Jesse Eisenberg and Jason Momoa. No disrespect to either as actors, but neither of them are representative of their characters. Personal opinion, YMMV.
Ryan

If you don't think Affleck is a good Batman fair enough but the rest makes no sense. Why would you hold his personal beliefs against him. Most of the cast of the dark knight trilogy would hold similar views to Affleck so presumably you don't like those movies either.

This thread is confusing. Last I knew there was still no confirmation of a black suit Superman in the movie let alone a Hot Toys figure. What have I missed?

If you don't think Affleck is a good Batman fair enough but the rest makes no sense. Why would you hold his personal beliefs against him. Most of the cast of the dark knight trilogy would hold similar views to Affleck so presumably you don't like those movies either.

This thread is confusing. Last I knew there was still no confirmation of a black suit Superman in the movie let alone a Hot Toys figure. What have I missed?

Not to mention the political views of the writers, director, studio head who green lights the movies, caterers, person holding the boom mic, agents who book the actors, theater owners and distributors, guys who created the characters at DC Comics...not "supporting" people with differing political views is the fast track to spending all of one's time indoors staring at your blank wall and missing...EVERY good (and bad) movie that gets released...to each their own of course.

Not to mention the political views of the writers, director, studio head who green lights the movies, caterers, person holding the boom mic, agents who book the actors, theater owners and distributors, guys who created the characters at DC Comics...not "supporting" people with differing political views is the fast track to spending all of one's time indoors staring at your blank wall and missing...EVERY good (and bad) movie that gets released...to each their own of course.

Yep. His opinion has a very slippery slope. By that logic, given the current administration, why live in the US?

I personally couldn't care less about an actor's political views. The only time I won't give money to them is when they call for violence against others in the name of their political ideology, or, as wamphyri pointed out, start lecturing and insulting others as if everyone else is the great unwashed, and thinking that their position as a Hollywood actor somehow also makes them a political pundit. It's not a mystery why lately, having Hollywood show up to your political rally and aligning with them isn't a good idea.

While I may disagree with someone's opinion, I fully support their right to hold and state it. However, people also have the right to not support their opinion by simply choosing to spend their hard earned money elsewhere.

Debunk your opposition with facts, not insults.

Exactly. However, merely choosing to spend your own earned money how you so please, isn't an insult.

I personally couldn't care less about an actor's political views. The only time I won't give money to them is when they call for violence against others in the name of their political ideology, or, as wamphyri pointed out, start lecturing and insulting others as if everyone else is the great unwashed, and thinking that their position as a Hollywood actor somehow also makes them a political pundit. It's not a mystery why lately, having Hollywood show up to your political rally and aligning with them isn't a good idea.

While I may disagree with someone's opinion, I fully support their right to hold and state it. However, people also have the right to not support their opinion by simply choosing to spend their hard earned money elsewhere.

Exactly. However, merely choosing to spend your own earned money how you so please, isn't an insult.

Sorry dude, but no one cares about your political views here. This is a collectibles forum, so lets try to keep all that political theater out of a hobby we all love.

Sorry dude, but no one cares about your political views here. This is a collectibles forum, so lets try to keep all that political theater out of a hobby we all love.

Not sure if you read page 1 or not, but I was merely cordially echoing what others have already stated and what the current topic is. So you may want to add more quotes to your post.

Not sure if you read page 1 or not, but I was merely cordially echoing what others have already stated and what the current topic is. So you may want to add more quotes to your post.

Sorry dude, I quoted you by accident. My post is actually directed towards the other guy.

Certainly, not, I agree. But "...celebrities who think that their opinions are right and they are smarter than me" is directly implying that the target isn't intelligent and that their perspective/argument is not of value - that is an insult, as it belittles the stance of others. Everyone, to some extent has a point - the question is how long you can provide rational support. No debate could stand on that because the drive behind it ignores whatever points of opposition it has - it automatically is "too good for it" to listen, per se.

Your statement "While I may disagree with someone's opinion, I fully support their right to hold and state it. However, people also have the right to not support their opinion by simply choosing to spend their hard earned money elsewhere." is the mature form of the above, as it is isolated from vitriol and opinion.

Certainly, not, I agree. But "...celebrities who think that their opinions are right and they are smarter than me" is directly implying that the target isn't intelligent and that their perspective/argument is not of value - that is an insult, as it belittles the stance of others. Everyone, to some extent has a point - the question is how long you can provide rational support. No debate could stand on that because the drive behind it ignores whatever points of opposition it has - it automatically is "too good for it" to listen, per se.

Your statement "While I may disagree with someone's opinion, I fully support their right to hold and state it. However, people also have the right to not support their opinion by simply choosing to spend their hard earned money elsewhere." is the mature form of the above, as it is isolated from vitriol and opinion.

My sentiments as well

I definitely see your point. And perhaps while not eloquently stated by him, what I gleaned is that he was simply voicing his own displeasure with celebrities who do precisely what you're referring to: belittling the stance of others through insulting them, by speaking as if everyone else is unintelligent and that they feel it incumbent on themselves to "educate" everyone else on morality. However, I do believe that two wrongs don't make a right, so if there is someone in Hollywood who wants to do that, fine, go right ahead. You're free to think and say that, and I'm free to simply spend my hard earned money elsewhere and not give you a dime.

I'm still not sure why this thread was started. Have I missed confirmation of Superman wearing a black suit in the movie?

Back