1/6 Best New Head Sculpt from SDCC 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was the best New Head Sculpt we saw at SDCC 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Posted this in the Star Wars section, but wanted to give you Marvel addicts a fair shot!

Strictly in terms of the best quality artistic achievement.

IMG3345.jpg

Great choices. But when I saw the pic below I was blown away by its realism. So it wasn't a hard choice for me.

IMG_1259.JPG

Yeah, that's the one that got me, Coco....

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'd buy a Tarkin figure over Yondu any day if I had to make the choice, but that little blue gem makes it on my top five best list. I'll be curious to see if it survives the production process as well as the HT Harley Quinn sculpt did, which also makes it on my top five list.

Yondu. Saw this poll on the star wars forum too but only voted here to not skew the poll. It's not even really a contest. Anakin and Tarkin look amazing and I'd love to own both of them, but Yondu just looks like a shrunk down Michael Rooker. It's amazing how real he looks. No contest.

Great choices. But when I saw the pic below I was blown away by its realism. So it wasn't a hard choice for me.

View attachment 359703

That looks absolutely fantastic, but I wonder if when compared to the others the fact that the character is blue is an advantage. Because the character has an unnatural coloring it makes it easier for a sculpt of him to looks more "real" in terms of matching what we see on screen rather than actual realism. In other words, the sculpt does not require the same standard for evaluating paint apps, because his character is blue. This takes nothing away from the sculpt, because it is absolutely perfect, I just wonder how much "behind" the others actually are by comparison if we were looking at all of them without any paint-apps or if this sculpt was painted in the actor's actual flesh tones?

All sculpts are done essentially blind with no paint. Only when the paint is applied do you see if it's a pass or fail. Hence why Yulli probably thought her new Joker is amazing and yet with JC's paint applied something was lost in the process. At the moment it's a fail for me. If they redo the sculpt it'll be a purchase.

Both Yondu and Tarkin are a cut above Anakin, IMO.

That's not to say Anakin isn't good. It is. And maybe at any other time, he'd be a winner. But Yondu and Tarkin are just perfection.

I voted for Yondu - for overall the sculpt, detail, expression, and stubble.

He's the only one I'll buy, though, and the only character I love of the three, so I may be biased. ;)

Old Han was almost scary realistic, and the production version didn't quite get to the prototype level.

My vote is Yondu, but let's see them 'in hand'.

Back