Lord of the Rings Legolas sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's the end of the all sixth scale week (although next week will see some more as well), and I'm wrapping things up with a look at Asmus' latest release in their Lord of the Rings line, Legolas. I'm checking out the 'luxury' version here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-081117a.htm

You can also find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael

review_legolas_large.jpg

I don't have mine yet but going with pictures that I have seen I think you're going extremely low on the score. So many people giving bad reviews because it's not rooted hair. Good rooted hair is only now starting to be any sort of standard. Until rooted hair is a majority thing instead of the minority it is, it shouldn't be used as a main point in such a low score.

I can understand both wanting rooted hair and thinking the actual sculpt may be subpar in details, but asking why they chose not to go with rooted hair while they did it for Saruman, Gandalf and Thranduil is just a dumb question: it's because Legolas hairstyle has a ponytail and two braids.

I don't have mine yet but going with pictures that I have seen I think you're going extremely low on the score. So many people giving bad reviews because it's not rooted hair. Good rooted hair is only now starting to be any sort of standard. Until rooted hair is a majority thing instead of the minority it is, it shouldn't be used as a main point in such a low score.

I can understand both wanting rooted hair and thinking the actual sculpt may be subpar in details, but asking why they chose not to go with rooted hair while they did it for Saruman, Gandalf and Thranduil is just a dumb question: it's because Legolas hairstyle has a ponytail and two braids.

Yep. Great points.

How is this a dumb question? They're making Gimli with both rooted hair and beard, AND he has braids. What's stupid is the inconsistency between figures, and the excuses why it was done one way or another. And rooted hair has been done well for quite some time. Despite everyone's childish and negative attitude toward Barbies, Mattel has been doing rooted hair for decades at an extremely low price point.

Yeah the hair looks average, to be fair though, for sculpted blonde hair there is only so much you can do.

Legolas makes more sense to use rooted hair with, especially over someone like Aragorn, but oh well.

I also hate that Asmus never weather any of their figures outfits, it makes them look extra cheap...........BUT, I guess you can't expect HT levels at the price tag.

Overall it looks like a nice figure though, if I was a die-hard fan I would get him.

Back