Any rumours or plans for Asmus Faramir and Sauron?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

What is the evidence available, if any, of Asmus planning on making a Faramir and a Sauron?
Any rumours, proto pics or any comments by Mr. Asmus deeply hidden in some thread, that anybody could contribute?

Thanks to you all,
m.

Both are top of my LoTR list once the fellowship is complete. I don't think Asmus have directly commented on Sauron yet but in the most wanted figure thread they did ask us which version of Faramir we would like which makes me hopeful he is planned.

image.jpg

What thread is that of the "most wanted figures"? What did Asmus mean by "which version of Faramir"? Could you please provide any links to all that?
Thanks,
m.

Looking forward to seeing how Sauron turns out, though having a figure of him would inevitably make me want some less likely figures like Isildur, Elendil, and Gil-galad.

Of the two, I'd actually be more interested in Faramir in Ranger gear. I don't think there was anything distinctive about either Boromir's or Faramir's armor except for a Citadel Guard's cloak, Boromir not wearing an armored skirt, and Faramir having a captain's helm). Otherwise, a standard Gondorian armor kit ought to suffice for both Captains of Gondor.

Sauron is gonna be huge, but luckily he'll be in the range of quarter scale bodies. As he's listed for 278cm in the movie, this should translate to around 46cm: HT quarter scale Batman is listed as 47cm, HT Boba Fett as 45....

Weta's booth is always a real treat at SDCC.

I really hope they do a Ranger Faramir, but hearing that Sauron is a "Yes" is pretty damn exciting.

Of the two, I'd actually be more interested in Faramir in Ranger gear. I don't think there was anything distinctive about either Boromir's or Faramir's armor except for a Citadel Guard's cloak, Boromir not wearing an armored skirt, and Faramir having a captain's helm). Otherwise, a standard Gondorian armor kit ought to suffice for both Captains of Gondor.

Boromir's armor is mostly just standard Gondor armor. Faramir's armor is actually completely unique from almost every other Gondorian armor piece. It's also my least favorite Gondorian armor, so not too interested in that version. I do quite like his coronation outfit, however, which only makes use of the breastplate, if I recall. Seems like Ranger Faramir is the easy favorite and most reasonable to make since he spent the most time in it. Would be nice if it came with the high-collared duster he wears in his first appearance and dream-flashback too.

Come on Mr Asmus, tell us more!!!!

- If you talk with such certainty about Sauron, that can only mean that work on Him is already underway. How far away is Sauron's prototype?

- With Gimli already done, Faramir should be a breeze to do, right? Will we see him on preorder soon? Will he be in his ranger outfit?

I totally agree with my colleagues on Faramir being better served in its ranger outfit.....
:)
m.

Sauron is an YES for sure~

Back