Ozark on netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
Hope this isn't a duplicate thread but I did look. Has anyone been watching this? I think it's pretty good. Love Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. I'm seeing online it being compared to breaking bad (which it isn't, not even close) but it is an awesome show with good writing, good Characters, strong acting. I've enjoyed it so far and looking forward to a season 2.

Created by Bill Dubuque ("The Accountant," "The Judge"), this drama series stars Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde, a financial planner who relocates his family from Chicago to a summer resort community in the Ozarks. With wife Wendy and their two kids in tow, Marty is on the move after a money-laundering scheme goes wrong, forcing him to pay off a substantial debt to a Mexican drug lord in order to keep his family safe. While the Byrde's fate hangs in the balance, the dire circumstances force the fractured family to reconnect.
Starring:StarringJason Bateman, Laura Linney, Sofia Hublitz, Skylar Gaertner, Julia Garner, Jordana Spiro, Jason Butler Harner, Esai Morales, Peter Mullan, Lisa Emery

Last edited:
not sure about comparisons to BB, but I can definitely see this having a very long run with the material and story lines that are available to it so far.....Waiting to see how the girls father will figure into this when he gets out, assuming he will. He seems to be somewhat of a badass and might be part of the local drug group..

This seems to be massively going under the radar. Not even a page of posts yet?! Just finished the series and it's without a doubt the best television show since Breaking Bad. I am not onboard with the Br Ba comparisons, frankly I find that ridiculous, but what they do have in common is great writing and a great cast. Bateman has completely stepped out of his comfort zone here and really surprised me with just how well he can tackle a roll like this. Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell is a genius bit of casting too. Can't wait for season two!!

This seems to be massively going under the radar. Not even a page of posts yet?! Just finished the series and it's without a doubt the best television show since Breaking Bad. I am not onboard with the Br Ba comparisons, frankly I find that ridiculous, but what they do have in common is great writing and a great cast. Bateman has completely stepped out of his comfort zone here and really surprised me with just how well he can tackle a roll like this. Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell is a genius bit of casting too. Can't wait for season two!!
I have honestly seen a lot more postings on Facebook from people I know that are watching the show and have finished in or are currently watching it then a lot of the other Netflix original shows that have been renewed for a second season. The Ozark Facebook page has over 100,000 likes in 3 weeks compared to their other newest original show glow which has about the same amount of likes if you want to use that as a barometer and it's already been renewed for another season so I'm hoping we will definitely get another season Ozark as I love the first season

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have honestly seen a lot more postings on Facebook from people I know that are watching the show and have finished in or are currently watching it then a lot of the other Netflix original shows that have been renewed for a second season. The Ozark Facebook page has over 100,000 likes in 3 weeks compared to their other newest original show glow which has about the same amount of likes if you want to use that as a barometer and it's already been renewed for another season so I'm hoping we will definitely get another season Ozark as I love the first season

Ahhh fair point. Being honest, I haven't checked the FB page, but good to know it's more popular than I suspected. Even better news is that it's been renewed for a second season. I am sure the popularity will rise for the show, eventually. It took a while for Br Ba, and have a feeling this will go the same way. That final episode was literally perfect.

Ahhh fair point. Being honest, I haven't checked the FB page, but good to know it's more popular than I suspected. Even better news is that it's been renewed for a second season. I am sure the popularity will rise for the show, eventually. It took a while for Br Ba, and have a feeling this will go the same way. That final episode was literally perfect.
Sorry Aaron I meant to say that it was getting more likes on their Facebook page than some of the shows that Netflix has already renewed for another season. Netflix has yet to make an announcement on Ozark getting renewed for a second season but I suspect it will in the next month or so following their recent trends of waiting at least 6 to 8 weeks after the season has aired to judge the response

Sorry Aaron I meant to say that it was getting more likes on their Facebook page than some of the shows that Netflix has already renewed for another season. Netflix has yet to make an announcement on Ozark getting renewed for a second season but I suspect it will in the next month or so following their recent trends of waiting at least 6 to 8 weeks after the season has aired to judge the response

With you. I think that was a case of me slightly misreading your message too. It's looking positive for season two then. Like I say, in my opinion, this is the best show since Br Ba, so I would be shocked if it didn't get renewed.

With you. I think that was a case of me slightly misreading your message too. It's looking positive for season two then. Like I say, in my opinion, this is the best show since Br Ba, so I would be shocked if it didn't get renewed.
Yeah man I can't think of an original show I've liked as much since Breaking Bad went off the air

Ya this is one of the best shows released in a while, hopefully the second season is just as good

Netflix just renewed Ozark for a second season!

Of course they have! It would have been more of a shock if they hadn't considering the trash they keep churning out. Great news :rock

Back