Miami Vice Series Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yc5X0pH.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...diesel-works-at-nbc-1026163?facebook_20170802

Vin Diesel will reteam with Chris Morgan ('Fast and the Furious') and exec produce the revival, which is in development at the network that originally aired the Don Johnson starrer.

NBC is looking to reboot one of its most successful procedurals.
The network is teaming with Vin Diesel to develop a Miami Vice revival.

The project, which has been in the works for months, is being driven by Shana Waterman (24: Live Another Day,*Wayward Pines), the*former Fox Broadcasting executive who now serves as head of television for Diesel's One Race Television production company. Miami Vice is the first effort to come out of Diesel's first-look deal with Universal Television. Diesel and Waterman will executive produce alongside Chris Morgan and Ainsley Davies via the former's overall deal with Universal Television. Peter Macmanus (Spike TV's The Mist) will pen the script.

The Miami Vice reboot marks a reteaming for Morgan and Diesel, who have worked on all of the Fast and the Furious movies together. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that it was Diesel who came up with the idea to revive Miami Vice and made a personal appeal to NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke. The effort marks Diesel's largest scripted TV project so far.

Miami Vice ran for five seasons on NBC from 1984-1989. The series starred Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as undercover detectives James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs, respectively, as they took on challenging cases at Miami's Metro-Date Police Department. The show was created by Anthony Yerkovich and counted Law & Order mastermind **** Wolf among its executive producers

I love Miami Vice...but...yeah, Diesel.

I wouldn't mind if the show was set in the 80's, but Miami is still a very stylish and colorful place. In fact, today's Miami is what the 80's show pretended to be, which is interesting.

A modern show could work, but it needs to be colorful and stylish, not boring and generic looking like the Michael Mann movie. Today's men' fashion is almost as good as it was in the 80's too.

I love Miami Vice...but...yeah, Diesel.

I wouldn't mind if the show was set in the 80's, but Miami is still a very stylish and colorful place. In fact, today's Miami is what the 80's show pretended to be, which is interesting.

A modern show could work, but it needs to be colorful and stylish, not boring and generic looking like the Michael Mann movie. Today's men' fashion is almost as good as it was in the 80's too.
Yeah, seems like they are going for Fast and the Furious lite, which couldn't be less appealing to me. The original show was intended to be an MTV cop show, and it totally succeeded at that. But it was a product of its time. I enjoyed the film, but frankly, I don't know that there is any need for Miami Vice in the modern era. On the other hand, we all know that vague brand recognition will get you a movie or show greenlit faster than anything else. So, not surprising. Would rather see Vin Diesel et al. develop a Car 54, Where Are You? inspired by Fast and the Furious, though. Or maybe Herbie the LoveBug.

Part of the charm of the show was the place and time in which it was set. 1980s Miami was as much a character on the show as anyone else. If you set it to 2010s miami it's not miami vice Imo.

Akin to that was the music. Crockett and tubbs doing 90 at night to make a bust set to Lady Gaga or whoever is popular today doesnt work.

Same for the fashion. Maybe itll just be another cop show.

Back