Which is the best Luke 1/6 to date?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aagion

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Was thinking of expanding my collection and a Luke figure seems like a good choice. I especially want something with great likeness. Right now Hot Toys ANH Luke is looking pretty good but i'd like to hear what you guys think.

I don't think you can go wrong with Hot Toys ANH Luke. It's probably the most iconic one, and will be until we see a ROTJ Luke.

Yeah, that's pretty much a gimme. And not just for the likeness. Costume. Accessories. It's the whole package. Fantastic bang-to-buck ratio.

There are far more experienced collectors out there but as someone who also doesn't own a Luke yet I'm probably leaning towards the SSC Snowspeeder Pilot version. HT Farmboy looks really nice to me but I'm not keen on the HT Bespin figure. I'm also not keen on the Red Five Luke by SSC. Having said all of that I've just remembered that I won an auction for a HT Stormtrooper Disguise figure which is on it's way (hence not actually owning one yet) so I'm hoping the head mould on that is good.

The ROTJ figure will be announced at SDCC right? What is the usual duration between them announcing and the actual release?

There are far more experienced collectors out there but as someone who also doesn't own a Luke yet I'm probably leaning towards the SSC Snowspeeder Pilot version. HT Farmboy looks really nice to me but I'm not keen on the HT Bespin figure. I'm also not keen on the Red Five Luke by SSC. Having said all of that I've just remembered that I won an auction for a HT Stormtrooper Disguise figure which is on it's way (hence not actually owning one yet) so I'm hoping the head mould on that is good.

What did you pay for the stormtrooper?

What did you pay for the stormtrooper?

I paid £250 to a seller in the UK. Boxed with shipper.

That's at least £70 cheaper than I found it from anyone other than Chinese sellers. I'm not sure if I'd have been hit with import duty on any of those to top those up.

it's only £40 over original retail price and some of the others in the UK were being listed well over £300

I paid £250 to a seller in the UK. Boxed with shipper.

That's at least £70 cheaper than I found it from anyone other than Chinese sellers. I'm not sure if I'd have been hit with import duty on any of those to top those up.

it's only £40 over original retail price and some of the others in the UK were being listed well over £300

That's a lot! Didn't know it was that expensive!

That's a lot! Didn't know it was that expensive!

I found one seller in the US that would sell it for less and shipping was an OK cost but the import duty bumped the price to £319.

Unfortunately the Snowspeeder Luke also seems to be expensive. ANH Luke seems to be available for £200 or just under so that might be a safer bet. I'll be picking one up eventually.

HT Bespin!

even with the HT ROTJ ver inhand i think Bespin will be my fav, just prefer the more underdog still rockin a blaster not fully jedi ver of Luke yet.

DX07 Bespin Luke.

Best likeness thus far, in my opinion. And it's the perfect blend of padawan Luke in transition to Jedi Luke.

For me and from the ones I own, the TK Luke sculpt looks the better of the rest because it doesn't have the rip off scalp. Over all kit the DX07. I'll have Snowspeeder Luke Wednesday to make the call on that one.

SyTb8dk.jpg

1LO4mUl.jpg

Back