A Return Trip To "Elm Street"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
By Garth Franklin

The IESB has gossip from a scooper claiming that New Line is trying to get a new "Freddy" film up for a late 2007 start of production. Here's a sample:

"It probably won't be the much-rumored "prequel" film, but either a new "Freddy Vs..." movie or another 'solo' adventure for Freddy - with one treatment in particular, floating around, getting quite a lot of buzz; its simply about the new young couple (hence, young CW-esque stars get to headline) who buy into their first home together... yep, you guessed it... THAT house.

The other option is a new "Freddy Vs. Michael" movie. There's a lot of red-tape to get through there. John Carpenter is trying to help sort it out. This film seems to be the most popular option on the table at the moment, so if they can get it up, they will. My money is on this one, too."

The comments match words from actor Robert Englund who heard the studio was in talks with Carpenter about this kind of possibility.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070326j.php

Sounds interesting. Oh well, I will take whatever I can get ... as long as Englund is behind the mask ...

Wouldn't a Freddy Vs. Michael (not the best title, by the way) movie mean working out a deal between Dimension and New Line? Seems like a stretch to me, especially considering Rob Zombie's project.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the "young couple's first house" idea. It sounds to me like the best chance for some good old-fashioned Freddy action. I'd even sign up for the prequel, provided they had the rocks to set it in the late 70's-early 80's. Either way, there's no need to "reimagine" Fred Krueger...Wes already tried that.

The only vs. movie they should even bother trying to make is Freddy vs. Ash. Those two cornballs throwing one-liners back and forth would be hysterical.

How about a Freddy vs. MIchael vs. Devil's Rejects vs. Leatherface vs. children of the corn vs.............................:lol

TheObsoleteMan said:
The only vs. movie they should even bother trying to make is Freddy vs. Ash. Those two cornballs throwing one-liners back and forth would be hysterical.

The Freddy I know and love would be more with the gutting than the one liners. Leave that to Ash:D
The only classic Freddy I love is from the first film, the rest destroyed him utterly, IMO of course. Not sure everyone agrees with me on that, but the first film defined him and I leave it at that.

The prequel wuld be the only way to go for me. They have taken him as far as they can so lets go back and see the beginning. Springwood Slasher time.

If they were to make another Freddy film, IMO, they need to drop the wise cracking funny man and make Freddy the sick child killing assh**e his is supposed to be.

The first NOES was dark and scary, all that followed would got lighter and more comedic as the went:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

There is nothing comedic about a dude that kidnapped and killed children, and was later set on fire by the hate driven parents.

I want to see a NOES that takes this into account, and "re imaging" if you must call it something.

I am sick of Freddy being a joke telling one lining ass clown!!!

King Darkness said:
If they were to make another Freddy film, IMO, they need to drop the wise cracking funny man and make Freddy the sick child killing assh**e his is supposed to be.

The first NOES was dark and scary, all that followed would got lighter and more comedic as the went:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

There is nothing comedic about a dude that kidnapped and killed children, and was later set on fire by the hate driven parents.

I want to see a NOES that takes this into account, and "re imaging" if you must call it something.

I am sick of Freddy being a joke telling one lining ass clown!!!

Exactly!:bow

It might just be me, but I thought Freddy was far more sinister in pt 2 than 1.

In any event, I'll take any Freddy movie they decide to make, be it a prequel, another NoES, or another VS, or something new altogether.

if they do make another versus film I think jason should be in it too. too many loose ends at the end of the last versus movie had me very angry, (mainly who won) and so this better be a triple vs movie if they venture into this option. if not then freddy terrorizing a new couple will do just fine as long as freddys menacing enough this time.

Kabukiman said:
It might just be me, but I thought Freddy was far more sinister in pt 2 than 1.

I agree. Part 2 gave us a Freddy that felt more like the perverse pedophilic murderer that he was. The possession angle as played felt very uncomfortably intrusive, and the way Freddy made Jesse act toward Lisa reeked of perversion.

If only the rest of the movie was as dark and strong.

I too agree that we need another NOES that truly goes back to what Freddy really was, and I truly believe Robert Englund would be capable of it. Just watch the prologue of Freddy vs. Jason.

Back