Studio Ghibli Fest 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know that there are a few people who like me are big fans of the works of Hayao Miyazaki. This year six of his animated classics are getting nationwide theatrical releases with each film getting both a dubbed and a subtitled release.

My Neighbor Totoro (June)
Kiki's Delivery Service (July)
Castle in the Sky (August)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (September)
Spirited Away (October)
Howl's Moving Castle (November)]

Caught the dubbed version of Totoro with the kiddos today, it was a real treat to see moments like Totoro standing with the girls in the rain and flying across those awesomely painted skies on the big screen. Tomorrow is subtitled Totoro with a new movie getting two showings a month until November. I'd preorder now because those showings are filling up fast (every seat in our auditorium was filled today.)

https://www.fathomevents.com/series/studio-ghibli-fest

g-kids-series-7732952a3bc9136ec48b619ff6192461.jpg

He is a great master of the genre- all powerful, entertaining films that always can be watched over and over again!

Been keeping my eye on this one. Might have gone today, but I was at a comic con here....

I won't be missing Nausicca, as that was my introduction to Miyazaki's work so long ago, and still my favorite! :D

I was supposed to go see Totoro today with some friends of mine but illness intervened and I spent the entire day in bed. Sucks. That film is one of my all time favorites.

Love Miyazaki, though I wish Princess Mononoke was included in that list.

Definitely agree but since this series seems aimed at children of all ages I'm guessing it didn't make the cut due to having some moments of gore. Really looking forward to Nausicaa though as I've never seen that one on the big screen and it shares a lot of Mononoke's themes.

Definitely agree but since this series seems aimed at children of all ages I'm guessing it didn't make the cut due to having some moments of gore. Really looking forward to Nausicaa though as I've never seen that one on the big screen and it shares a lot of Mononoke's themes.

Ha ha! Didn't even notice this was a Kids presentation! Sadly, I have far more interest than my Daughter.

The man is legendary...oh, and any toys relating to his movies are so friggin' expensive now *sob*

That he is, and it'd be amazing to see 1/4 movie accurate PF's of A****aka, Nausicaa, etc. I guess I'm a little out of the loop because I'm just now seeing that apparently The Wind Rises will *not* be his final picture. :rock

https://deadline.com/2017/02/hayao-...t-new-feature-boro-the-catepillar-1202014331/

Also, first rule of working at Studio Ghibli: Do NOT pitch your new zombie AI software to the man who directed My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. :lol

That he is, and it'd be amazing to see 1/4 movie accurate PF's of A****aka, Nausicaa, etc. I guess I'm a little out of the loop because I'm just now seeing that apparently The Wind Rises will *not* be his final picture. :rock

https://deadline.com/2017/02/hayao-...t-new-feature-boro-the-catepillar-1202014331/

Also, first rule of working at Studio Ghibli: Do NOT pitch your new zombie AI software to the man who directed My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. :lol

In a way he's right. Look at Nausicca or Mononoke and then compare it to action cg films today. There's something missing.

Saw this advertised tonight at the theater when I went for The Dark Crystal!

Excited to the Mononoke again in the theater. Been a long time!

Back