Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Finally Gets a (Limited) Blu Ray Release (7/25/17)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
After so much speculation (and a lot of hoping) for over a decade, WB is finally releasing MOTP on blu ray. Anybody getting this?

UPDATE: WB Archive has confirmed on Twitter that this will only be available trough the WB Archive in limited quantities and therefore won't be sold at retail stores. It won't be released on other regions outside of North America either.

19274865_10155419794031563_1397905132111115748_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Finally Gets a Blu Ray Release

Oh I'm totally getting this.

You know what my answer is! :lecture

After so much speculation (and a lot of hoping) for over a decade, WB is finally releasing MOTP on blu ray. Anybody getting this?

https://www.superherohype.com/news/399383-batman-mask-of-the-phantasm-blu

EDIT: WB Archive mentioned in a Tweet that "physical retail will be very limited". Crap.

19274865_10155419794031563_1397905132111115748_n.jpg

I wouldn't worry. There's not a lot of people outside a forum like this that will want to own a hardcopy. Not many people are still buying discs these days.

I wouldn't worry. There's not a lot of people outside a forum like this that will want to own a hardcopy. Not many people are still buying discs these days.

I hope you're right! I don't wanna pay eBay prices (or punch anybody) to secure a copy. :lol

The Transformers: The Movie Bluray release was gone from my local stores waaay too quickly when it came out. Not taking any chances with this.

The TF:TM steelbook was on amazon for $15 for months.

Not saying this will be as easily available, but there's no need to rely on local stores for anything. Come on...it's the current year!

The TF:TM steelbook was on amazon for $15 for months.

Not saying this will be as easily available, but there's no need to rely on local stores for anything. Come on...it's the current year!

Well, it did went up in price for a few months and fluctuated based on stock so it can go either way, to be honest. I think there's no reason to secure an order unless you're a super hardcore fan of the flick, plus this gets a bit more attention since fans have been asking for this movie on blu since what, 2007-2008? :lol

Well, TF:TM as cheesy as it is, is definitely in the top 5 movies of my childhood. So I am as hardcore as it gets....no way I was gonna miss that one! I had the pre-order in way early.

Mask of Phantasm is good, but doesn't mean nearly as much to me. If you love it though? Pre-order early and sleep easy!

Well, TF:TM as cheesy as it is, is definitely in the top 5 movies of my childhood. So I am as hardcore as it gets....no way I was gonna miss that one! I had the pre-order in way early.

Mask of Phantasm is good, but doesn't mean nearly as much to me. If you love it though? Pre-order early and sleep easy!

Don't make presumptions of my sleeping habits!

This is one where I owned the VHS and DVD. Will get Blu Ray, and whatever future medium we end up using down the road. Love this thing.

Haven't watched this in years. Now I have a reason too! :clap

I remember going to the Alamo screening a few years back for this and getting some posters. Such an awesome movie. :rock

The 'trailers' they played before the movie were the old school commericials for the Batman Happy Meal toys at McD, BTAS toys, etc. Really a blast from the past.

It seems I can't order this from Canada. Anyone willing to order another copy for me, and I'll pay through Paypal when you're billed?

It seems I can't order this from Canada. Anyone willing to order another copy for me, and I'll pay through Paypal when you're billed?

It's for the US market only. I had to ask a fellow freak to order one on my behalf since I'm in Asia. Why the heck did WB made this a limited release is beyond me.

Back