Removing Stormtrooper Armor from Hot Toys ANH Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo1126

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know a safe way to remove the Stormtrooper armor from Hot Toys ANH Stormtrooper Figure? I am looking to replace/switch out the cod piece from my short stormtrooper with the cod piece of my Luke stormtrooper because of a few noticeable scratches. Of coarse I don't want to damage either of the figures in the process. Any tips is appreciated! Thanks

It's not that hard. If I remember right, there's Velcro on one side of the torso armour, so after pulling the 'suspenders' off each shoulder it's easy to separate on one side and slide off.

When you start removing the armour you'll see the system of straps that hold it in place. Just be careful. The codpiece is attached to the butt-plate and abdominal 'corset' so that will all be the last to come off after arm and leg armour pieces + shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that hard. If I remember right, there's Velcro on one side of the torso armour, so after pulling the 'suspenders' off each shoulder it's easy to separate on one side and slide off.

When you start removing the armour you'll see the system of straps that hold it in place. Just be careful. The codpiece is attached to the butt-plate and abdominal 'corset' so that will all be the last to come off after arm and leg armour pieces + shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips.

I shall revive this thread!

Have a ANH trooper with a broken hip bone, therefore I would like to replace the body with something better. Any advise on how to remove all armor without damaging it too much? What replacement body should I go for? Current body is the short and chubby one

Back