DarthNeil's Collection (New Update starting pg. 33)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

Well I've held off putting some shots of my collection and how they're arranged due to the lack of a good digital camera-- but I suppose it's time to share. Bond got me started in SS so I'll start there with my entire Bond collection that are displayed (with the rest of my collection in my office at home---- at least the stuff that's not in storage) in a nice hutch.

New Bond:

Old Bond:

Re: SW, LOTR, & Bond

Here's a close-up of my favorite Bond Baddie, Richard Kiel's Jaws (the one from The Spy Who Loved Me over Moonraker---too weepy) showing you a signed copy of both his autobiography and a picture of him going over the waterfall in Moonraker.

If you don't have this 14" fig I highly recommend that you get one. I've got two 14" Kanamit (To Serve Man), also a character played by Richard Kiel, on the way--- but I'm going to use those for some customizing.

Images deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

And of course--- Star Wars

Jabba's Palace under construction with my very first custom--- a slave Leia.

And the rest of the SW 12" family from SS.

The boxes look so great that I feel the need to display as many of them as I can as well.

The Hasbro Jango will be gone as soon as that Medicom Jango is released.

I just received my first PF (Leia Exc) so I'll update the collection with some pics of that this weekend. I've also got a PF Grievous (non-exc. unfortunately) on the way--- any suggestions on the best place to house such an obvious monstrosity (in the best possible sense of the word)?

The PF Grievous is a beast. I settled on removing his rear two lightsaber blades which makes him fit much easier on many shelves. Of course this may not appeal to you, but it's one way to go.

And nice collection. I really like your Bond setup.

sladesuperagent said:
Cool collection! What's the deal with the green wall?

Thanks-- I like the retro feel of a lot of your collection as well. I've added to it recently (SW PF's) but unfortunately most of my retro stuff (70's and 80's) is packed away.

The green walls are due to it being my office at home and that's my favorite colour (football reasons :D ). I hadn't orginally planned for the collection to be displayed there and as soon as I can relocate to a "movie theatre basement" you can bet it won't be green.

I thought it was time that I updated--- and I thought I'd start with the collection that I've started my 3 year old nephew on (to the good path) and what my daughter will eventually enjoy in another year...

Here are a few more hints at my SW collection that sits in my office at home--- much is in storage but what I can display I'm very happy to look at while at work...

The MacQuarrie concept stormtrooper amongst his own kind with Skywalker dangling from a walker...

A view from my desk--- OT on the left with PT on the right... PF Grievous keepng watch in the middle while the space battle that opens ROTS rages above--

My prized SS 12" SW mixed with some of the higher Hasbro offers sits with the collector coin booklet as a backdrop above my chair--- and comic collection...

The Jedi Council sits to my left ready with sage advice--all the better now that Quinlan Vos has been added thanks to the comics two-pack...

And the jewel of the SW collection that rests above my office tv-- Jabba's Palace (still under construction)

I recently got a butler---er, I mean droid that serves me drinks and watches my collection... The over 15" R2 is awesome (and my one-year old daughter loves to play and talk with him). I put him up on the desk for a size comparison.

Here's a close-up of some of the Coruscant space battle---and the hunt for Grievous (hint--he's that massive PF in front of you!!!)

Here's the PT display case... TPM on the lowest shelf--- AOTC on the 2nd--- ROTS on the top.... a 501st display with Vader's ship sits on top...and MANY MANY MANY figs in bins below...

The OT display case... cantina mostly on bottom... ANH and ESB on the 2nd with ROTJ on the top...

Last edited by a moderator:

And finally some close-ups of what makes us SFreaks :D ...

And just as a PS I took a couple of quick shots into my outer-inner closet (there's another one behind that stuffed with storage)...

BSG, ST, and Serenity---

Great looking collection you have there Neil!! Love the hunt for grievous battle scene. :emperor

Fantastic Collection!! I love GH too as do the kids in my classes. :D :rock

Going to reconfigure my office because I've got too much stuff that I want to display and more on the way...

Awesome collection DarthNeil! Wow, all that suff is right up my alley too! I'm a HUGE Star Wars, James Bond and LOTR fan too. I have some of those 12" figures you have, but not a fraction of what all you have. I'll have my own room for displaying my toy collection soon after we move into a bigger house. I'll take lots of pictures and post them after we move and I get settled.

Back